BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tiramisu La Paz - Very affordable and tasty Italian.
akmaxx
Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 11-16-2015 at 12:08 AM
Tiramisu La Paz - Very affordable and tasty Italian.

On the corner of 5 de Febereo and Guillermo Prieto (between the big church dome and immigration on Febrero) sits a practical and affordable Italian eatery. Only a few seats around a tree, bar, and one table. Interesting to sit and watch the action on the main street.

I ate the meaty raviolis (80P) and my friend had the lasagna (90 I think) with salad and drink. The check was so low that I thought there was a mistake since we had desert too. The owner explained that the pricing was sufficient for him to continue doing business out of his house, since the overhead was low, and allowed him to do what he loved.

All the pastas, sauces, and deserts are made right there. You can't miss the tiramisu. It's fantastic. I didn't have a camera but I will post a picture from their FB page of the tiramisu. It tastes as good as it looks (so rare in La Paz for the baked goods).

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009282029455&...

Tasty, made from scratch, cheeeeap, and fun. No liquor license but if you brought your own and didn't make a big thing about it I think you would be ok. The FB page is Tiramisu, La Paz and shows all the things he sells as well as the phone number. It's a small place so you can call ahead for a party or order the tiramisu by the kilo (no joke, he sells a lot of it).

An affordable winner, IMHO.

Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2015 at 08:45 AM

Looks like a wonderful discovery. Low prices and great food, what a combo
akmaxx
Nomad

biggrin.gif posted on 11-18-2015 at 10:16 PM
Good combo is right.

Quote: Originally posted by Maron  
Looks like a wonderful discovery. Low prices and great food, what a combo

That's why I posted it. It's unique in La Paz to get authentic food, generous portions, scratch made, a real character serving it and for such a low price.

I've eaten at all the high end Italian joints in La Paz but after a 500 bill for each person and not really feeling full I think there is a real market for this.

Try it and correct me if I am wrong. I am hesitant to post it because I wouldn't want the guy overwhelmed and the food to suffer, on the other hand I want him to have enough customers to stay open so I can continue eating there.:biggrin:

Mangia!

23S52N
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2015 at 04:00 PM

It looks amazing! Thanks for this I'll be sure to drive down there...I'm looking for someone to cater my wedding in the spring.

Regards,
Keith
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2015 at 05:27 PM

The owner mentioned he does catering. Big trays of hand made lasagna and salads plus a slew of desserts for what I think is way too cheap compared to other places in La Paz.
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 12:32 PM
Yep you found it.....

A note from another happy diner:

"My wife and I ate there today. What a great place. Super fun owner/chef and fantastic food. I loved all the tasty olive oil's he had to offer. He had been out of the mascarpone cheese for two weeks....all of Baja Sur was and he just got his delivery while we were there. We have to go back for the special dessert. Thanks for sharing this find!"

I like this place enough to help them out and hope that too many people won't overwhelm a little operation.

Peace,
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2015 at 05:55 PM
Several nice reviews recently...can't be beat for the price.

I really like this place. The food, the prices, and the owner all really combine to make it a good time. It's great that others are trying it as well:

We finally tried TIRAMISU that everyone's been talking about. Thanks so much to everyone for the recco! We've been there 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

It's on Prieto just off Cinco de Febrero, same side as the cathedral. There's counter seating "inside" and two tables outside.

Beautiful fresh made pasta and sauces, plus the tiramisu and strudel are lovely (other pastries and coffee available too). We've tried the fettucine, ravioli, canneloni (lasagna next!) and enjoyed them all. Dishes come with a good sized salad for 80p. No liquor license but there's a Tecate SiX and Oxxo close buy for BYOB. Next time we take the boat out we are going to pick up something "to go."

Don't quote me but I think the hours are 1-4 and 7-11 every day but Sunday.

Julie Martinelli
Marina Palmira

Dec 10 3:41 PM
Thanks to members for recommending this place. Dropped by today, had
probably the best home-made fettucini bolonese I have ever come across
(80 pesos!). Going back tomorrow to try something else.
Not licensed, bring your own cup and buy a beer across the street at the
Tecate store.
No inside seating, room for maybe 10 people outside, donno what you
would wanna do if it was raining.
You gotta love this group!!! And the owner is a riot!
Tod
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2015 at 07:25 PM

Hours are 12 to 4. We ordered ahead a large pan of lasagna and have been enjoying it over the last two weeks. The tiramisu is fun to get for home enjoyment as well. We love this place and the owner.
8knots
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 06:27 PM

Hadn't been to La Paz for several months. Went to the dentist today and as a treat went to Tiramisu for lunch. Maricio was his entertaining, enthusiastic self and the food was fantastic again. Lasagna, ravioli, tiramisu and mimosa cake dessert. We also got some lasagna to go. Such great food and and a real bargain.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 06:53 PM

I want some pasta an dessert!

Thanks for sharing.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
akmaxx
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 11:48 AM

Tiramisu is open again after a short summer break. New on the menu are gnocchi and several different pastries.

There isn't a better deal in La Paz, Los Cabos, the Bajas, or North America or probably the world for authentic Italian hand made pasta. 100 pesos a dinner and you can bring your own wine. Unbeatable.

Mangia!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.