Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: NEW travel alert
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 04:17 PM
NEW travel alert

WASHINGTON — The U.S. State Department issued a Worldwide Travel Alert for Americans on Monday, citing “increased terrorist threats.”

The Department said they have information that suggests terror groups like ISIS, Al-Qa’ida, Boko Haram and others are continuing to plan attacks in many different regions of the world.

The Travel Alert is set to expire in February of 2016.

“Authorities believe the likelihood of terror attacks will continue as members of ISIL/Da’esh return from Syria and Iraq. Additionally, there is a continuing threat from unaffiliated persons planning attacks inspired by major terrorist organizations but conducted on an individual basis. Extremists have targeted large sporting events, theatres, open markets, and aviation services,” the department said.

As always, Americans should be vigilant when using public transportation or in public places.

If you see anything suspicious, you are urged to call local law enforcement immediately.

The department also suggested following you local media for updates.

Bob Durrell
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 04:23 PM

...might finally be a good thing for tourism in Mexico,,,

. ......not too many Muslims down there! :D

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 05:31 PM

Muslims aren't the problem....terrorists using a religion are the problem :light:

Don't believe everything you think....
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 05:39 PM

Do you think that it's OK to go to the OXXO?

"The future ain't what it used to be"
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 06:45 PM

I gotta tell ya, I feel very safe here in La Bocana. Can't say that for too many places on Earth right now.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 07:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Do you think that it's OK to go to the OXXO?

You are probably safe in the Oxxo, but be watchful of kids with dirty rags in their pockets hanging out in the parking lot. They will smear the bugs and dust on your windshield into a road obscuring film.....and expect to get paid for it!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
cocomo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 07:53 PM

I haven't felt safe traveling as an American since George Bush. I was attacked by a German in Thailand for being American. I should immigrate.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 09:21 PM

I hear this going down in Baja
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0-ZKaWVYSk
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 09:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by cocomo  
I haven't felt safe traveling as an American since George Bush. I was attacked by a German in Thailand for being American. I should immigrate.

Too where ??
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 09:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by cocomo  

Which bush?

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2015 at 09:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Muslims aren't the problem....terrorists using a religion are the problem :light:

...yah,,,shoulda said 'fundamentalist zealots'...I certainly have nothing against Muslims. :rolleyes:
cocomo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2015 at 08:06 AM

George H.W. Bush. I am running away to Canada because nobody hates them.

(Fill in the blank with your current least favorite religion) religious terrorists are the problem and have been through history. Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Russians, Germans, Chinese, Cambodian, anyone who is fanatical enough to forget the peaceloving tenets of their belief system and take the lives of others. It's another case of a few a$$holes ruining it for everyone. Let's not name call on here. Keep your cool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_terrorism

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-24-2015 at 08:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

Excellent!:light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mark_BC
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2015 at 08:50 AM

All manufactured hype by central banks to start wars to continue the global fiat monetary system and divert attention away from currency devaluation when it inevitably happens -- just blame Muslims or a war or something else, rather than the atrocious abuse of global currencies by unelected, unaccountable central bankers who are above government. It's the classic strategy used by ruling elites for centuries -- escalate ethnic conflicts by staging and or assisting terrorist attacks against your own people, whip up fear and hysteria and use that as a guise to take away everyone's civil liberties. How do you think Isis was trained? Where do they get their funding from? How did they get that nice convoy of brand new shiny Toyota trucks... that just happened to get shipped to the Middle East by the us to be used by the "good guys"? When did it become unpatriotic to question the official stories spoonfed to us by our governments and media?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-24-2015 at 09:00 AM

Question away, this government in the US is the most corrupt, freedom robbing gang and they get away with it because they have the media as lapdogs eating it all up.

The purpose of the media here now is to look the other way at the corruption and spend all their time trying to tarnish the opposition party... even making up stories. What has happened to journalism here?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-24-2015 at 11:56 AM
funniest thing i've seen today!

1483157_983699798356816_242921487391475904_n.jpg - 51kB

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2015 at 12:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Question away, this government in the US is the most corrupt, freedom robbing gang and they get away with it because they have the media as lapdogs eating it all up.

The purpose of the media here now is to look the other way at the corruption and spend all their time trying to tarnish the opposition party... even making up stories. What has happened to journalism here?

Not quite true, David K. The main problem is the American politics which looks for world dominance. AND: The Bush administrations > both! ISIS was created by G.W. and by starting the war w/ a lie: Hussein has weapons of mass destruction. And by telling: We want to bring you democracy! Never heard such BS again, not even here in BajaNomad,,, and that means something! (Do you agree, chucky???) IMHO there is no other country in the world which is hated more than the U.S. Starting with Mexico and Canada, but around the world.... it`s all the same. How come?
For my part, I`m happy to live in Baja!!!!!!
JG
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2015 at 01:22 PM
A bit of clarification

Democrat Quotes on Iraq
Weapons of Mass Destruction

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2015 at 01:34 PM

10/11/2000, George W. Bush, Candidate for President
“I don’t think our troops ought to be used for what’s called nation building.”

10/29/2001, Michael Leeden, American Enterprise Institute
“Just wage a total war against these tyrants; I think we will do very well and our children will sing great songs about us years from now.”

02/13/2002, Kenneth Adelman, a member of the Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board

“Liberating Iraq would be a cakewalk.”

09/18/2002, Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense (before Congress)
“We do know that the Iraqi regime has chemical and biological weapons. His regime has amassed large, clandestine stockpiles of chemical weapons — including VX, sarin, cyclosarin and mustard gas. … His regime has amassed large, clandestine stockpiles of biological weapons—including anthrax and botulism toxin, and possibly smallpox.” (presentation to Congress)

10/7/2002, George W. Bush, President
“The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons. We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas.”

11/15/2002, Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
“Five days or five months, but it certainly isn’t going to last longer.”

01/10/2003, Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
“… something under $50 billion for the cost. How much of that would be the U.S. burden, and how much would be other countries, is an open question.”

03/16/2003, Dick Cheney, Vice President
“My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators. . . . I think it will go relatively quickly, . . . [in] weeks rather than months.”

03/22/2003, General Tommy Franks
“There is no doubt that the regime of Saddam Hussein possesses weapons of mass destruction. As this operation continues, those weapons will be identified, found, along with the people who have produced them and who guard them.”

03/30/2003, Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense
“We know where they are [Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction]. They’re in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat.”

05/01/2003, George W. Bush, President
“My fellow Americans: Major combat operations in Iraq have ended.” Under the banner “Mission Accomplished.”

05/09/2003, Paul Wolfowitz, Deputy Defense Secretary (phone interview with Vanity Fair)
“The truth is that for reasons that have a lot to do with the U.S. government bureaucracy we settled on the one issue that everyone could agree on which was weapons of mass destruction as the core reason, but — hold on one second… [Interrupted by DOD attorney].”

07/02/2003, George W. Bush, President
“There are some who feel like — that the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is, bring ’em on! We’ve got the force necessary …”

09/17/2003, George W. Bush, President
Q: Mr. President, Dr. Rice and Secretary Rumsfeld both said yesterday that they have seen no evidence that Iraq had anything to do with September 11th. THE PRESIDENT: “We’ve had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the September 11th.”

06/28/2004, Dick Cheney, Vice President
“Two days ahead of schedule, the world witnessed the arrival of a free and sovereign Iraq.”

03/31/2005, President’s Commission on WMD
We conclude that the Intelligence Community was dead wrong in almost all of its pre-war judgments about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction. —Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction (Letter of transmittal pdf)

06/29/2005, Dick Cheney, Vice President
I think they’re in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency.

03/18/2006, Dick Cheney, Vice President,
“Q: About a year ago, you said that the insurgency in Iraq was in its final throes. Do you still believe this? Cheney: Yes.“

05/22/2006, George W. Bush, President
“We have now reached a turning point in the struggle between freedom and terror.”

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2015 at 01:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

John Fogerty can rock. Saw him last year live and he still entertains.

He wrote these lyrics in 1969.

Some folks are born, made to wave the flag
Ooo, their red, white and blue
And when the band plays "Hail to the Chief"
Ooo, they point the cannon at you, Lord

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no

Some folks are born, silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, y'all
But when the taxman comes to the door
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yeah

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no, no
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no

Yeah, yeah
Some folks inherit star spangled eyes
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord
And when you ask 'em, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer "More! More! More!", y'all

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, one
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no, no, no
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no, no, no

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.