Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Hwy 3 to Melling?
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 09:38 AM

The off-roaders create the "last straw" for the ranch.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=58082

Romano
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Romano, their website is how I know they are not in business. If you read my post you would know I don't wish them anything but a better future. As I said, I have communicated with Mike about the business. Oh, I see you're a newbie, so welcome!

DK I thank you for the welcome, but along with the welcome you say "if you read my post..." My my, a little passive agressive, are we?

As far as their website telling you they are out of business, I have no idea what you are talking about.

The website states "Closed for the Winter 2015-2016-See you in the Spring!".

[Edited on 11-30-2015 by Romano]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 01:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Romano  
Romano, their website is how I know they are not in business. If you read my post you would know I don't wish them anything but a better future. As I said, I have communicated with Mike about the business. Oh, I see you're a newbie, so welcome!

DK I thank you for the welcome, but along with the welcome you say "if you read my post..." My my, a little passive agressive, are we?

As far as their website telling you they are out of business, I have no idea what you are talking about. Your welcome here,there are 3 full timers here.That only wish,to disrupt off road forum.Or chew out David.David always is still kind to these people,even that they are non stop.If you where stuck on the road David,would be first to help you.Im sorry you had to listen to me.I will not be nice to these people.That 90% of there posts are untrue,and wish to bash David.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 03:43 PM

As far as their website telling you they are out of business, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Sorry, but you misread my post, I did not say "out of business". As of right now they are not in business to accommodate guests. I also base my comment on the personal discussion already mentioned on Nomad that they are moving on to greener pastures. (that is not a quote)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 03:53 PM

I wasn't saying good or bad, just stating what happened.

Since you want to open this up with moral values, I suppose we can say while it was "their" land to close, the results were that by choosing to not welcome one group that could have been a whole new clientele (which was their right), they have gone out of business. :?:

Maybe it wasn't being annoyed by off-roaders but more about the fear of the pot growers?

I am bummed that we did not get up there to see or stay at the place before they closed. I had several exchanges with Mike over the years about water systems, history of the area, and more. I am sorry they chose to end the project. I love astronomy and Baja.

hmmmm. what does it say here?
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 04:00 PM

Sorry, but you misread my post, I did not say "out of business". As of right now they are not in business to accommodate guests. I also base my comment on the personal discussion already mentioned on Nomad that they are moving on to greener pastures. (that is not a quote)

Since you want to open this up with moral values, I suppose we can say while it was "their" land to close, the results were that by choosing to not welcome one group that could have been a whole new clientele (which was their right), they have gone out of business. :?:

Maybe it wasn't being annoyed by off-roaders but more about the fear of the pot growers?

I am bummed that we did not get up there to see or stay at the place before they closed. I had several exchanges with Mike over the years about water systems, history of the area, and more. I am sorry they chose to end the project. I love astronomy and Baja.

Keep it honest David and own your words --- very clearly stated, here "they have gone out of business"

BTW-- this response to what I posted was simply insane ---- which is why I did not respond until now.

My post was simply stating that they had valid reasons for closing the road --- never stated the reasons -- and the fact that the Mexican Government has declared the area a protected area.

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

Yes, Dark Skis Inn gated closed the original road used to get to Rancho Concepcion from Mike's or El Coyote and thus preventing the traditional passage used by ranchers, off roaders, pot farmers, etc.

Map?

Please don't forget that they had very good reasons for closing the road, very legitimate reasons and also that land and the surrounding area has now been declared a protected area.

But your trolling worked as usual as you are so very good at it --- but do try owning your own words.

Or someone might call you that almost purple color or descendent of a slave --- maroon.:lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-1-2015 by DianaT]

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 06:32 PM

Are you saying they are in business now? Just recently they told me,no more.Please clarify.?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 06:48 PM

In the quote Romano used I did not say "out of business", but that they were not currently in (the accommodation) business. So, he misread me in what HE posted from me. Yes, it was mentioned other places they were shutting down the bed & breakfast observatory business. I will gladly post news of any change to that.

bajatrailrider lives near there, so he has a better chance for the facts... and he says pretty much the same... they are NOT OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

Is is semantics or the facts that are important?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 09:17 PM

Haysus, you guys, I just asked a simple question and the whole thread goes sideways.....again.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 07:56 AM

Ha HAAA have to agree with you on that one.For someone asking,about a road.WE get the save the world/off road destroyers/the CPs/the D complainers /the ones that are nowhere near here,know nothing,just want to argue.Got to love baja nomad.No other web site like it.You hit the nail on the head,well done.
Romano
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 11:43 AM

Dvaid, come on. We are all adults here, and as such this discussion is ludicrous and silly. What people post is a matter of record. I understand that you want to back off your original statement, but why? Is it really that hard to just say you made a mistake. Try it, you'll feel better. :-)

Here is your original post I replied to.

Now I see the statement there. I'm sure you do as well. That may not have been your intent, but that IS what you said. And there's a clear (to me) implication that them closing the road resulted in going out of business, but that is a matter of opinion.

All the stuff about "not currently in business, withing them luck", etc. is after-the-fact and not related to the original post AT ALL.

As an acknowledged newbie, I appreciate your helpful posts, but in threads like this one you come across as both having an agenda, and a chip on your shoulder.

Dude, just acknowledge what is obvious to every one, and back up what you said, or declare it a mistake. We all make them.

I have not joined this forum after lurking from the Amigos de Baja days to get into this kind of thing, and as such, I have nothing more to say on the topic.

It's ok to be wrong, dude. We all are from time to time. I am a sinner multiple times per day - I just try not to let it hurt my personal image of myself when I do something stupid.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 12:55 PM

FWIW Dark Skies posted here awhile back that they had the property up for sale.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 05:29 PM

It is easy to figure out isn't it Ken?

Romano, you quoted me and then said I said something that wasn't in that quote. Can you have it both ways, but nobody else can? Seriously, I know what I posted and I for one made it clear that I HOPE Mike and Pam don't close it up. However, it sure appears they are not in the mood to fight the druggies (and maybe off-roaders) anymore.

Now, about that cheese on a Caesar Salad...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 05:47 PM

Special K has never been to Baja dark skies inn. As usual he speaks nonsense and simply repeats nonsense he read on a blog and spun up thru his noggin. He has no ability to fact check. In fact, He probably would not recognize a fact if it bit him on the nose.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein, he was a witty guy.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 06:11 PM

Romano, you quoted me and then said I said something that wasn't in that quote. Can you have it both ways, but nobody else can? Seriously, I know what I posted and I for one made it clear that I HOPE Mike and Pam don't close it up. However, it sure appears they are not in the mood to fight the druggies (and maybe off-roaders) anymore.

David, David, David. I just reminded you above of the "last straw" which they posted and you responded. How could you forget , again, so fast. It was the off-roaders who were the last straw. Maybe they borrowed your lock cutters.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 06:51 PM

Special K, that's kool... LOL

Goat, you are not saying anything that I haven't already said. One of the last things I said was bajatrailrider is closer to them than any of us, and he reports here... So, I will go with what he said above.

Ralph, "last straw"? Well, I would like to think that I don't "suck"! LOL

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 07:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Special K has never been to Baja dark skies inn. As usual he speaks nonsense and simply repeats nonsense he read on a blog and spun up thru his noggin. He has no ability to fact check. In fact, He probably would not recognize a fact if it bit him on the nose.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein, he was a witty guy.
Number 1 marooon SPEAKS KNOWS NOTHING
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 07:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

David, David, David. I just reminded you above of the "last straw" which they posted and you responded. How could you forget , again, so fast. It was the off-roaders who were the last straw. Maybe they borrowed your lock cutters.

NUMBER TWO marooon SPEAKS KNOWS NOTHING. Both marooons Know nothing.You marooons are sick.You post Just to disrupt off road forums.Go back in your lazy boys,go back to sleep.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2015 at 11:00 AM

I'm kumin Davy, I'm Kumin to Sav yu! [img][/img]

I you would have ever bothered to learn how to read, you would have noticed I was posting Mike's reason for locking the gate.... Fact not some if your made up fiction.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2015 at 02:56 PM

Mike speaks English, I have read his posts. Is that cartoon a marooon in action?

Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.