Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Man vs Wild - Mexico "Baja Desert"
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 09:03 AM
Man vs Wild - Mexico "Baja Desert"

The following is a list of episodes of Man Vs Wild, broadcast by Discovery Channel in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Brazil India and Europe. The show is called Born Survivor in parts of Europe, including the UK, where it was originally broadcast by Channel 4, but latterly moved to Discovery Channel UK. In Africa and Asia, it is titled Ultimate Survival and again, broadcast by Discovery Channel. In Bulgaria, the show is called Оцеляване на Предела, which is a translated title to Ultimate Survival.

Season 3 Overview:
Episodes: 12
Season premiere: August 6, 2008
Season finale: February 16, 2009
Specials: 0

More info: Grylls must cross blistering desert and barren salt plains in Mexico's Baja peninsula. While collecting honey Grylls is stung by a bee and his face becomes severely swollen, nearly blinding him.

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 10:49 AM

If he was headed east from the mountains across Laguna Salida to the coast and his goal was to find civilization I wonder why he didn't stop on the highway he would have had to cross and wait for a car to come by? Sure beats drinking pee....

[Edited on 11-27-2015 by dtbushpilot]

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 11:57 AM

The program is contrived, although he has done a lot of things this is not his best. A couple of years ago he was spending nights in hotels.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 12:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  
If he was headed east from the mountains across Laguna Salida to the coast and his goal was to find civilization I wonder why he didn't stop on the highway he would have had to cross and wait for a car to come by? Sure beats drinking pee....
[Edited on 11-27-2015 by dtbushpilot]

Really !!!! :biggrin:

But some pee might have been his choice over a warm Pacifico (or fill in blank w/ other brand).

All these "survivor/ reality" shows are contrived crap:

I am waiting for Naked and Afraid in Todos Santos.....

"Oh.. :o... what to eat....what to drink :wow:?????"

Don't believe everything you think....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 01:28 PM

Those discovery channel type survival reality shows are contrived, scripted, faux,... The uneducated low iq masses eat them up. There is no accounting for the low taste of gringos.

You want real adventure, you'll have to look elsewhere. Look for real explorers that conquer real things. Dismiss anyone that does an adventure with sat phone and a blog and a film crew!

Amundsen, Peary, Fred Beckey did it all before and without a gopro!

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 01:38 PM

Yep....here is a real adventure story....with some local (Nomad) heroes.....

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/she-slapped-me-with-little-provocation.666961

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 01:51 PM

Pretty much a phoney, ol Bear...but making money at it.....

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 02:04 PM

Ged, that carnitas place was the only thing open when we pulled into town the first time. man were we glad we got there late cuz that place is off the hook!

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 02:08 PM

Ken,
I am having problems with your postings...they just don't appear on my screen.
I thought it could have been my Acrobat or Flash player, so I updated both, and still nothing!

Me puedes ayudar?

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  

The following is a list of episodes of Man Vs Wild, broadcast by Discovery Channel in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Brazil India and Europe. The show is called Born Survivor in parts of Europe, including the UK, where it was originally broadcast by Channel 4, but latterly moved to Discovery Channel UK. In Africa and Asia, it is titled Ultimate Survival and again, broadcast by Discovery Channel. In Bulgaria, the show is called Оцеляване на Предела, which is a translated title to Ultimate Survival.

Season 3 Overview:

More info: Grylls must cross blistering desert and barren salt plains in Mexico's Baja peninsula. While collecting honey Grylls is stung by a bee and his face becomes severely swollen, nearly blinding him.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Maderita
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 02:09 PM

mtngoat666,
Funny that you should mention Fred Beckey. Yes, he is the real deal! He has hiked the same ground as the Bear Grylls/Man vs. Wild scenes while putting up new rock climbing routes. Beckey is still going after it; he just told me that he was rock climbing last week. His 93rd birthday will be in January.

Crossing into Mexico - 2003

Fred on the right, heading out to climb El Gran Trono Blanco - 2008

Beckey on one of our first ascents in Baja.

Fred is much more comfortable with the vertical world vs. horseback!
At base camp 2008.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 03:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
Ken,
I thought it could have been my Acrobat or Flash player, so I updated both, and still nothing!

Me puedes ayudar?

https://www.youtube.com/v/hbazzsfy44s

Season 3 Overview:

Udo, it is showing up okay on my machine. Ken posted the YouTube image of the TV show. I edited his post here so only the link shows and removed the flash tags, if that is what isn't showing. You on a MAC?
Anyway, click the link and see if that allows you to watch the show Ken posted.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 05:47 PM

Mr. Becky is a true adventurer, he has put some of the best route ever. Thanks for sharing. Note He is not carrying any loads to the base of El Gran Trono Blanco. You are lucky to know him.

Quote: Originally posted by Maderita  
mtngoat666,
Funny that you should mention Fred Beckey. Yes, he is the real deal! He has hiked the same ground as the Bear Grylls/Man vs. Wild scenes while putting up new rock climbing routes. Beckey is still going after it; he just told me that he was rock climbing last week. His 93rd birthday will be in January.

Crossing into Mexico - 2003

Fred on the right, heading out to climb El Gran Trono Blanco - 2008

Beckey on one of our first ascents in Baja.

Fred is much more comfortable with the vertical world vs. horseback!
At base camp 2008.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 11-28-2015 at 12:06 AM

Ken,

Me puedes ayudar?

My cellular phone (Andriod) does not display the videos, either. Find a teenager, and he'll figure out what's wrong with your phone. Go to an internet cafe - lots of help can be found on the cheap.LOL Good luck with your technology, you're missing video that's getting Mountain Goat hot under the collar!

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-28-2015 at 05:42 AM

I could not see it either, David.

I went to the you tube site, and watched it OK on my Mac.

Thanks for trying DK!!!

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Ken,

Me puedes ayudar?

https://www.youtube.com/v/hbazzsfy44s

Season 3 Overview:

Udo, it is showing up okay on my machine. Ken posted the YouTube image of the TV show. I edited his post here so only the link shows and removed the flash tags, if that is what isn't showing. You on a MAC?
Anyway, click the link and see if that allows you to watch the show Ken posted.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-28-2015 at 09:03 AM

Great... In thought you used a Mac! :light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 11-28-2015 at 08:31 PM

How's about Les Shoud, the "survivorman"?

The Canadian guy who does all his own camera work. He seems pretty legit

TT

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.