Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tecate road construction
fourninerpapa
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 06:04 PM
Tecate road construction

About a month ago someone mentioned that road contstruction in Tecate closed the normal southbound route to highway 3. Instead of traveling down the hill after the border crossing and turning left at the park and then right onto 3 it was best to turn right on Revolution and continue for about 6 blocks and make a right on Calle Eufracio Santana and follow to highway 3.
Is this detour still required or is the route by the park,open?

Norm
vandy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 06:18 PM

I took a right at the first light, then the second stop sign left, maybe a light?

It looks like the road won't go through, but there's one lane through the dirt berm.
Then go left paralleling the construction until you take the right towards Ensenada.
fourninerpapa
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 06:52 PM

I will be traveling in a 38 ft MH towing a Jeep so I asking lots of questions ajead of our travels. I don't want to get in a spot I have to back up or turn around.

Norm
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 07:42 PM

Hey Norm...

Here is an easy way for you, your RV and your toad:

When you cross the border, slowly go down the hill to the first traffic light. Turn right. Drive down six blocks to Agenda Nuevo Leon. Turn left. Follow it around to Avenida Universidad which will in turn will turn into Mexico HWY 3.
Go to http://www.googlemaps.com and zoom in to the area and print out the map. Alternately, you may also follow the same route on google earth.
If you have a GARMIN GPS, your maps include northern Mexico, and navigation works as well. If not, plug in the GPS to your computer's USB port and watch it go to work.

If you don't already have your FMM, park the RV on the US side of the border and walk across to the immigration office on the right immediately after you enter Mexico. Afterward you walk across (a block away) back to the USA and your RV. Every person in the RV has to have an FMM and it costs about $23.00 USD. If you are a Discoverbaja member you can get it on line, but still have to have it stamped at the same INM station.

[Edited on 11-28-2015 by Udo]

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 08:00 PM

Here is a GE image to help you. When you turn right count the six blocks. Street signs are not always easy to see when you need to.

fourninerpapa
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 08:21 PM

Thanks all for the help. We already have our FMM so we are good to go. I assume the first traffic light down the hill is Revolution. After the turn I just count the blocks.
Thanks again.

Norm
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 09:36 PM

If you want to take the #3 to Ensenada, check this post and see MexicoDiesal's steps. We followed them and they worked 2 weeks ago.
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=80692#pid1007...

Safe journey,
W

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.