Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: we went to the dentist
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2015 at 09:42 AM
we went to the dentist

I took a group of future scholarship kids to san Ignacio - I was so thrilled since NONE of them have serious issues. They had their teeth cleaned and were given a clean bill of health. No wisdom teeth issues yet either.

We went to the Deborah Wayne clinic- it is so rarely used and has 2 rooms upstairs with 2 twin beds. And many rooms downstairs for docs - dentists etc. The facility can be used for medical purposes 12 months out of the year if anyone is so inspired!

The contact person is MARIA DE LOS ANGELES of Kuyima.

Here is a photo of the kids waiting to be seen to - there are puzzles for them to put together and they did all of them.

This is picture of Martha being seen to by a first time visiting Mexican dentist from Tijuana, who specializes in little kids. Martha is a future engineer who will be starting college in the Fall in Santa Rosalia. We have found both a tuition and a rent sponsor- all she has to do is pass the entrance exam! Her dad is a policeman in Punta Abreojos, her mom works at IMSS. They are so happy that she will be able to attend college.

and here is a photo of the whole group with the 2 dentists and assistants. These are such dedicated folks and we are so appreciative:

and here they are having some well deserved R&R at our B&B:

They were very kind and donated 22 toothpastes for the 22 kids in the scholarship program - I do need 17 toothbrushes if anyone wants to donate them - we will be in san diego for until December 27th.

Here is the Christmas box I put together for Alberto -his family is from Laguna San Ignacio - notice the Costco sized toothpaste! Each of the 22 students will get one of these xmas boxes filled with notebooks, pens, pencils, clothes and other goodies:

and as an aside - the first two teens pulled into town a couple days ago (Donaldo on the far left and Julian on the far right). A friend of Julian from La Paz is in the middle. I made them pancakes with strawberries and cream here at the house and we talked over Life:

Merry Christmas everyone! share the fun - it makes you feel real fuzzy inside.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2015 at 10:52 AM

If you're in San Diego, you can get toothbrushes at the either Dollar Tree or the $.99 Cents Only Store, 2 to a pack at of course, $1 each.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2015 at 05:47 PM

thanks Sue! I got 100 donated! I decided will be doing talks at the elementary-middle and high schools here in town in an attempt to better dental hygiene! New project. I am worried about these kids - some of them have root canals at age 15. and they have simply NOT been taught how to brush their teeth.

Some Mexican dentists say they will come south if we provide a location - Punta Abreojos has a dandy facility and I will coordinate that effort as well.

so, today Julian calls and asks if I can do his laundry - brought back such wonderful memories of my own kids. The other kids all have "moms" to go home to but his mom died in a freak accident with anesthesia on the operating table years ago - there is no way I could say NO to him!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.