Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: TerraSal hotel in G Negro
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 12-30-2015 at 10:29 AM
TerraSal hotel in G Negro

We stayed at the Terra Sal last night and give it 5 stars.

Brand new, big rooms, sparkling clean and easy to get to as it is the first hotel you see on the right as you enter town.

I am sorry that I did not take more photos but it was a 12 hour drive down and I was too tired last night (we brought two vehicles, so I was a driver of the titan truck) and this morning we just wanted to get on the road.

The restaurant is nothing to write home about and I cant tell you how I was looking forward to a margarita and how I was SO LET DOWN that they don't offer it on the menu. We had a glass of wine, but boy.....I so wanted a margarita!

Here is the new to him Blakely Bearcat that Les drove down - needless to say, it was without a doubt photographed one million time! He loves the car and it did beautifully on the road. There are some funny stories to tell about the car and the ride down, but you have to come and visit to hear those as only Les knows how to tell those tales:

Happy New Year to all !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2015 at 10:35 AM

photo is not loading....God grant me patience.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2015 at 10:37 AM

Come visit La Bocana

ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 12-30-2015 at 10:43 AM

Must have been a really long drive in that car!

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-30-2015 at 02:14 PM

Doesn't look like a 4 wheel drive? :biggrin:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2015 at 05:47 PM

My experience over several decades is that the new hotels in GN are fabulous, but maintenance and upkeep are lacking that leaves them very long in the tooth several years later. I specifically refer to Caracoles and Cowboy, both really great at the beginning, but go downhill after a few years.

I hope that Terra Sal doesn't follow the template.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 12-30-2015 at 05:50 PM

As long as they keep building new ones, who cares? :bounce::bounce:

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 12-30-2015 at 11:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
My experience over several decades is that the new hotels in GN are fabulous, but maintenance and upkeep are lacking that leaves them very long in the tooth several years later. I specifically refer to Caracoles and Cowboy, both really great at the beginning, but go downhill after a few years.

I hope that Terra Sal doesn't follow the template.

...planned obsolescence?

I've stayed there, it is nice and new. They have rooms for people traveling with pets. Tile floors- a bit cool in winter, but modern, clean and comfortable.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2015 at 10:05 AM

just a quick note.. If you like shrimp try the Boston Shrimp in the restaurant... pretty good...
Have not figured out why its called Boston but does not matter....

clean, spacious rooms and relatively quiet...

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2015 at 10:32 AM

sure wish we had known about the boston shrimp!

Here is the contact info for reservations:

-615 157-0133 and 615 157-0190

hotelterrasal@hotmail.com

It was a very cold ride for Les - the temp started out in the 40"s early that morning and the side window flaps started flapping and he had to take them off! With three cold weather garments and gloves, he was still freezing. But he complained not a word lol

We did san diego to g Negro in 12 hours.

Come visit La Bocana

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2015 at 12:42 PM

Blanca when I come by your place I expect Les to give me a ride in the Blakely Bearcat. Looks cool.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2016 at 08:26 AM

He loves his new toy! Not an easy vehicle to get into or out of, but that is part of the charm!

Locals have been stopping by to ogle for 2 days now lol

there were only 50 made and this is number 17.

Come visit La Bocana

cliffh
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2016 at 08:51 AM

Les looks great in his new ride, Happy New year CC&S
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-1-2016 at 09:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
We stayed at the Terra Sal last night and give it 5 stars.

Brand new, big rooms, sparkling clean and easy to get to as it is the first hotel you see on the right as you enter town.

I am sorry that I did not take more photos but it was a 12 hour drive down and I was too tired last night (we brought two vehicles, so I was a driver of the titan truck) and this morning we just wanted to get on the road.

The restaurant is nothing to write home about and I cant tell you how I was looking forward to a margarita and how I was SO LET DOWN that they don't offer it on the menu. We had a glass of wine, but boy.....I so wanted a margarita!

Here is the new to him Blakely Bearcat that Les drove down - needless to say, it was without a doubt photographed one million time! He loves the car and it did beautifully on the road. There are some funny stories to tell about the car and the ride down, but you have to come and visit to hear those as only Les knows how to tell those tales:

Happy New Year to all !

What air pressure does Les run on the washboard roads? :lol::lol::lol::lol:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2016 at 09:21 PM

:biggrin:

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.