Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: El Chapo Captured
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 5-21-2016 at 01:37 PM

Mexico to extradite drug boss Guzman to U.S., won't face death penalty

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-guzman-usa-idUSKCN0...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 5-21-2016 at 09:37 PM
El Chapo

The CIA (Cocaine International Aviation) dosnt care if you do drugs !! It just cares, Whose Drugs your using...So True
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-21-2016 at 10:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by captkw  
The CIA (Cocaine International Aviation) dosnt care if you do drugs !! It just cares, Whose Drugs your using...So True

So NOT true, Capt. I was involved in the Fed. "war on drugs" for about 10 years and believe me, we cared, and seized EVERYBODY'S drugs indiscriminately, and destroyed them all.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 09:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  

That means US taxes will be supporting him on death row until he dies. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population.

Bob Durrell
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 10:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

So NOT true, Capt. I was involved in the Fed. "war on drugs" for about 10 years and believe me, we cared, and seized EVERYBODY'S drugs indiscriminately, and destroyed them all.

Not quite. You may have seized all you could but "destoyed them all":lol:.Did you forget about selling these seized drugs in the USA to support your dirty little campaigns in C.A? "War on drugs" what a complete and total joke not to mention FAILURE.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 10:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

Not quite. You may have seized all you could but "destoyed them all":lol:.Did you forget about selling these seized drugs in the USA to support your dirty little campaigns in C.A? "War on drugs" what a complete and total joke not to mention FAILURE.

I can't speak for other "war" operations, but for our's we DID destroy everything we seized (tons of plants), usually nearby with huge bon-fires, or hauled off by helicopter to a pre-decided site. We were mostly involved with MJ growers on Public lands and their products.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 10:27 AM

I am still wondering that now with all of us having cell phones that can take pictures and film movies, why are we not seeing flying saucers anymore, like in years past??? So many reports from folks without a camera and then those few with a camera??? Now, we all have cameras, so where are the photos of our alien brothers???

:light::?::biggrin:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 10:29 AM

What an enormous waste of $$$ this war on drugs is. Hopefully someone sane will put an end to it soon. Legalize, regulate, tax, and support addicts with treatment. That's my plan when I run for president.

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 10:40 AM

At some point in the life of a HARD drug user; if He/She was physically placed in proximity of the closest point of origin that same HARD drug the whole system would collapse in on itself.

Its the same logic as the war on terror. Take the fight to the point of origin as close as politically possible.

Es Todo Bueno
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 11:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
At some point in the life of a HARD drug user; if He/She was physically placed in proximity of the closest point of origin that same HARD drug the whole system would collapse in on itself.

Its the same logic as the war on terror. Take the fight to the point of origin as close as politically possible.

Excellent, Ted. And that is exactly what we did--------destroy the drugs at "the point of origin". (tons and tons of it throughout Central and Northern CA, and S. Oregon). We always felt our operations HAD to have some positive impact on reducing the availability of drugs, and in our case we were being paid our salaries anyway as Ranger's and Special Agents so the cost to the taxpayers was minimal. None of us were hired exclusively to fight "the war"------it was a very minimal part of our jobs (5% + -) but we DID think it was important.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 11:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I am still wondering that now with all of us having cell phones that can take pictures and film movies, why are we not seeing flying saucers anymore, like in years past??? So many reports from folks without a camera and then those few with a camera??? Now, we all have cameras, so where are the photos of our alien brothers???

Man, ain't THAT the truth!!! :light:

[Edited on 5-22-2016 by Barry A.]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 11:25 AM

Man, ain't THAT the truth!!! :light:

Seriously, right?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 11:38 AM
Hola Barry

We are talking apples and peachs when it comes to USFS and growing a weed in ca. I'm talking about the BIG picture of the drug trade into the USA, Not some pricks screwing up are forest's to grow pot (BAD) tHIS WAR ON DRUGS HAS DONE NOTHING GOOD FOR OUR PEOPLE (00ps Caps) and I have seen C140 loaded in nicky with coke (near Ollies point) who is gonna inspect a marine plane landing on the tarmac ?? answer:no one !! With all due respect for your view and will say you seem to always have been a straight shooter, I am talking about the tons of drugs that keep coming into the mother land of the usa..plain and simple "The War On Drugs" is like the "War on Terroisam" a BAD,BAD joke on the folks of the red,white and Blue..IMO BTW I Don't do drugs and I Live in B.C.S and santa cruz ca. where drugs are behind every redwood
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 11:49 AM

I just quit takin piktures of alien beings since they took up residence just about everywhere as elected offishals....heck, ya see em on TV every day...Some of em write books about missions in Baja Kalifornia...

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 12:15 PM

Capt.----------I don't pretend to know the answer to the big-picture. I only know what WE were doing (BLM and NPS, not USFS) and it seemed logical and productive to us. Our aim was to eradicate the drugs that we personally were involved with, and could control--------and we did.

I just get annoyed with people making broad negative statements about a program that we who actually were involved knew had merit because we personally were in control of the results, at least at our level, and we KNEW it worked because we saw it with our own eyes.

I tend to distrust and be skeptical of stuff I hear or read as there is way too much baloney being passed around as fact by people that really are not in a position as far as I know to personally "know" the truth.

But, I always like to hear other's intelligent opinions. I really like to hear from the experts that are in positions to KNOW what is really happening, and perhaps you are one of those----I really don't know you or your background other than what you have said on NOMADS.

We have an illegal drug-use problem in this Country, and elsewhere-----I have seen that with my own eyes. Hopefully we all do what we can to reduce that problem-----I know that I have. I believe (hope?) we all should take personal-responsibility in reducing any illegal stuff-------otherwise I see little hope.

Just my opinion, of course.

To me, you are the go-to person for info on boats and motors-----and I respect you for that expertise until proven otherwise.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 12:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  

That means US taxes will be supporting him on death row until he dies. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population.

pffft, no big deal. American taxpayers pay $39 billion dollars per year to maintain the highest incarceration rate in the world. Many think a shameful statistic.

$90K is 0.0002% of that amount

But, if that's still too much for you, we could let some non-violent marijuana convicts out of jail to cover the Chapo costs and right some wrongful imprisonments to boot!

http://www.cheatsheet.com/personal-finance/what-are-americas...

[Edited on 5-22-2016 by SFandH]
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 01:34 PM

Why in the world the USA would even want him under those circumstances is beyond me. He deserves to die----period. He is a total liability to society.

Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 03:00 PM

We are talking apples and peachs when it comes to USFS and growing a weed in ca. I'm talking about the BIG picture of the drug trade into the USA, Not some pricks screwing up are forest's to grow pot (BAD) tHIS WAR ON DRUGS HAS DONE NOTHING GOOD FOR OUR PEOPLE (00ps Caps) and I have seen C140 loaded in nicky with coke (near Ollies point) who is gonna inspect a marine plane landing on the tarmac ?? answer:no one !! With all due respect for your view and will say you seem to always have been a straight shooter, I am talking about the tons of drugs that keep coming into the mother land of the usa..plain and simple "The War On Drugs" is like the "War on Terroisam" a BAD,BAD joke on the folks of the red,white and Blue..IMO BTW I Don't do drugs and I Live in B.C.S and santa cruz ca. where drugs are behind every redwood

Was thinking of the bumper stickers I saw on Coronado vehicles during the drugs for guns time of the mid-80's.

"GOD BLESS OLLIE"

If you want to stop drugs, stop supporting them.

Same with terrorism.

If you want to stop terrorism, stop supporting it.

The U.S. is the #1 instigator of terrorism throughout the world.

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 03:20 PM

Plenty of pictures taken of the subject of this thread. Need to look elswere for spacey stuff.

Bob Durrell
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2016 at 05:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cisco  

Was thinking of the bumper stickers I saw on Coronado vehicles during the drugs for guns time of the mid-80's.

"GOD BLESS OLLIE"

If you want to stop drugs, stop supporting them.

Same with terrorism.

If you want to stop terrorism, stop supporting it.

The U.S. is the #1 instigator of terrorism throughout the world.

You want to explain that one to me, Cisco---------just how are we "terrorizing" the world???

Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.