Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Family of Amigos
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2003 at 04:19 PM
The Family of Amigos

To all old and new Amigos!!
The Amigos of Baja have meant more to me than can be described in my poor words.
I had just moved from Loreto,Baja after living there for 18 years. Coming back to the States was a difficult problem but much less aproblem than leaving our "Rancho Sonrisa" on the Beach North of Loreto.
To all of the known Amigos my everlasting thanks for helping me get over the sadness and overwhelming loniness after leaving Baja. Without your Posts i would not have made it!
To all you amigos I am an old Baja nut from 1968. If you have any questions please go on the obard and ask. I will do all I can to hSkeet/Loretoelp any of you with answeres as I am sure all the other Amigos will to!!
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2003 at 11:46 AM
SKEEEET!!!!!!

Glad to see you typing! got the house in Loreto, sharpen your casting arm!

Warmest regards....George
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-6-2003 at 02:32 PM
skeet, when does your doc give permission ..

to fly? you have won a ticket. lets go to loreto and visit meet capt. George soon? well i mean when he gets there... and BTW, you and George should check in at www.baja.net , they have started a great fishing discussion forum, many amigos settling in over there. like Jimmy Smith, MRChuck, minnow, and a whole lot more good baja folk.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2003 at 07:48 PM

:no:Skeet---I was not aware you were leaving Loreto. Porque? Health? Gee, I never got to meet you and here I have been going there all these years. I guess that is the downside to not hanging with the Gringos. I hope you will come back to visit. I spent one of the last nights with Ann O'Neil before she came back to the States. I think it was the best night I ever spent in Loreto---just talking with her on her front porch. I will be returning to Loreto on the 18th of October and staying until the 14th of December. Then after Christmas, back down again for another long spell. My surgery was a hugh success and I am feeling stronger each day. I had always hoped to meet up with you. I too, have been going since the road opened---every year. Hope to meet you sometime. Russ Hatch aka: Sharky
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2003 at 09:48 PM

Skeet,

Ouch!!! moving back to the states after getting used to the amazing sunsets of Loreto is a hard change, i am glad you are doing well and perhaps you will return to Baja very very soon.

Best wishes.

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2003 at 02:23 PM

Sharky and Jesse: Thanks to all for the good comments! I will meet you some day Sharky and you to Jewwe.It is good to share such a special Place.
Sharky: I spent about 3 hours with Tio Don before he died.Tio and I where very good friends for several years..Will you do me a favor and ask around to see if Alvaro Murillo is o. k. He may be having Heart problems and not leting me know. He can be found on the pier nearly everymorning on the south end and has the Slyvia 2 Panga. I will keep in /touch. Still have one small lot out Nirth about a block from the Beach. Skeet/Loreto
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2003 at 03:42 PM
Loreto

Sharkey, look me up in Loreto when you're there.....24 calla Davis, corner of Benito Juarez......

Skeet.....how's the farm etc.?

Sent deposit to reserve casa...will E.

George
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2003 at 05:47 PM
New Digs!

George,
Sounds like your rental is very close to my Panchito's store on Calle Davis, You should get to know him, he is one of the finest men in Loreto;D
How close are you to Tisbury, Mass? I have a good friend Don McGilvery who works in a tackle store in Vinyard Haven. He has not been down to Loreto in the past two years.

Kristian
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2003 at 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Sharky and Jesse: Thanks to all for the good comments! I will meet you some day Sharky and you to Jewwe.It is good to share such a special Place.
Sharky: I spent about 3 hours with Tio Don before he died.Tio and I where very good friends for several years..Will you do me a favor and ask around to see if Alvaro Murillo is o. k. He may be having Heart problems and not leting me know. He can be found on the pier nearly everymorning on the south end and has the Slyvia 2 Panga. I will keep in /touch. Still have one small lot out Nirth about a block from the Beach. Skeet/Loreto
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2003 at 07:37 AM
Skeet and Capn George

Skeet---I'll check him out when I am there next month. Capn. George, I'll look you up too. I will be in Loreto from 10/18 until 12/14. Just got to let these stitches heal up from the heart surgery. I am really homesick for Loreto and the days are dragging by until I can get back down there. Alvaro Murillo---doesn't he have a brother that is a pangero too. Seems like my neighbor used to fish with the Murillo Bros. all the time. I would like to live there all the time but my wife said she wouldn't sell our house here and move down until the put in a Nordstroms Department Store in Loreto. I figgure she is safe for about 300 years or so. Oh well, maybe in my next life. I do spend about half the year there now that I am retired. When the Ejido guys get their papers on their land, I will probably buy something as I think prices will really drop in Loreto:spingrin:
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2003 at 01:49 PM
Sharky

Have you met Skeet in the flesh? I'm begining to wonder if he is another imaginary friend, since we have tried several times (and failed ) to meet up. Just wondering??????? :)
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2003 at 03:24 PM
Murillo's

Sharkey, the other brother is Alejo, a wonderful man. Skeet has been an amigo of theirs for over thirty years...Glad you're retired, so am I.

Yes Deborah, there really is a "Skeet"!
And he's as good as they get!!

George
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2003 at 03:49 PM

Hey all you guys are giving me the Big Head.
Debra of the North , when I arrived in Key West Fla. at George an Deborahs home the instant I layed eyes on debroah I feel in Love. George is one of those Special New Yorkers that when he was made they broke the Mold.As I said before to get a New Yorker together with a Texas Cotton Picker is something Else.
To the other Debra, Some day mabe we will meet in person,I think so? I am just different like all of us who have met and connected. We are all so different it makes you wonder about the Power of Baja. When you take everybody from David K to Jesse with all of us in between it makes for a good study.
I have been real open with my background as I have been around too long to be afraid of anything. I always try to meet people on the Level and to be on the Square. Coming back after so many years i found that our Culture is changing in ways which I do not like are agree.
Maybe that is the reason all of us Baja Nuts do so well together, weare seeking the peace of Baja and the peace of its people!!Skeet/Loreto

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.