Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Huge garage sale in Punta Chivato - photos added 2/2
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2016 at 07:41 PM
Huge garage sale in Punta Chivato - photos added 2/2

I am not sure if the huge annual garage sale starts at 9 or 10 am,but it is all over within i.5 hours. There is food for sale and sodas too.

we have gone for the last 3 years and it is so fun although crazy as Mexicans Americans Canadians vy for the best items.

Funds are used for their scholarship program and yours truly gets the leftovers to sell off to raise funds for my kids and my projects.

Come and make sure you introduce yourself to me and Les and my beautiful incredibly beautiful 81 year old white haired mom will be with us too! She is unmissable.

[Edited on 2-2-2016 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2016 at 09:15 PM

hahahaha that was a good line!

thanks for the bump

we had a grand time and I will do a report as soon as I can, we just got back this pm

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2016 at 01:02 PM

so here goes the trip report!

Our first stop was SAN IGNACIO where Steve - whom I have never met - donated 100 toothbrushes! Kazam! I will be doing oral hygiene classes first in the middle school. No one has ever taught these kids to care for their teeth and it becomes a nightmare when they join the teen scholarship program.

Thanks Steve - thanks so so much!

just as you enter santa rosalia - at the garbage dump, they accept any kind of plastic, which they squash and then send to China. such an easy way to help Baja! There are also wire mesh receptacles throughout santa rosalia that you can drop the plastic off at. I collect the plastic and whenever anyone heads south, they take the bag with them.

Ok - the second stop was for lunch and I was astounded to see that the ENTIRE BLOCK burned down with the last fire. Actually, apparently that month there were 4 fires. What bad luck. The stupendous news was that the stores at the end of the block (read Dr. Elizondo who does the eye screening for free for my "kids") were able to get all their equipment out before the fire hit.

HERE IS THE ENTIRE BLOCK RAZED:

HERE IS THE SECOND FIRE DAMAGE:

AND LOOK WHAT WE ALSO SAW - RARE SIGHT INDEED:

and now for the good part - Punta Chivato was absolutely gorgeous .... right temperature, no wind, great company....so we relaxed on Saturday afternoon:

LES AND THE DOC SHOOTING THE BREEZE AND FEEDING SEAGULLS:

REX KEEPING AN EYE ON EVERYONE:

The next day was the big bazaar - the goal of this adventure. All buyers had to wait in line - my helper, MOM, is standing on the other side and Les and I on this side. Our target? Tennis shoes for the teens in the scholarship program - think CHRISTMAS 2016 LOL:

INSIDE THE BAZAAR WHERE ONE HAS TO BE QUICK ON THEIR FEET TO GET THE GOOD DEALS. IT WAS A VERY POLITE CROWN THIS YEAR AND A MIX OF EX-PATS AND MEXICANS. MOM AND I BOUGHT SOME BOOKS, LES BOUGHT A MINI TEAK BOOKSHELF AND THE SHOES FOR THE TEENS....

PUNTA CHIVATO DOES THIS SALE ONCE A YEAR TO RAISE CASH FOR THEIR SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION. THEY ARE SO KIND AS TO GIVE ME THE LEFTOVERS TO SELL HERE IN LA BOCANA FOR MY PROJECTS! AND BOY DO I STRETCH THE FUN.... I DID NOT GET A PHOTO OF THE FULL TRUCK THIS YEAR, BUT AS WE PULLED INTO TOWN, SOME OF THE MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS WAVED AND FOLLOWED US HOME. SO I LET THEM GO THRU AND PICK OUT SHIRTS SHORTS FOR THEMSELVES OR THEIR SIBLINGS AND PARENTS. NOTICE THE LITTLE ONE WITH HIS BRAND NEW CHRISTMAS SWEATSHIRT ON:

AFTER I SORTED OUT WHAT I WANT TO KEEP FOR THE NEXT CHRISTMAS PARTY, I DONATED THE REST OF THE CLOTHES/GOODIES TO THE SOCCER TEAM FOR THE KIDS WHO ARE NOT ON THE SCHOOL TEAMS. IT HAS BEEN A GREAT YEAR FOR THEM, THEY HAVE WORKED HARD TO GET ALL THE EQUIPMENT TOGETHER AND THEY HAVE A BUNCH OF GAMES ALREADY SCHEDULED WITH SURROUNDING TOWNS' TEAMS

I AM GRATEFUL TO EVERYONE - ESPECIALLY STEVE FOR THE TOOTHBRUSHES , BUNNIE AND ANDY FOR LETTING US STAY WITH THEM EVERY YEAR SO WE CAN HAUL THE GOODIES BACK HOME. AND A SHOUT OUT TO HEALTH DETECTIVE WHO SAYS HE IS A NEWBIE ON BAJANOMAD AND CAME UP TO INTRODUCE HIMSELF.....I LOVE MEETING NEW FOLKS AND SURE HOPE HE COMES OVER TO SEE OUR PIECE OF PARADISE.

PLEASE LEAVE A HELLO IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO READ THIS TRIP REPORT!

[Edited on 2-2-2016 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 09:19 PM

I forgot to mention that HEALTH INSPECTOR came and introduced himself to us! He is new to Chivato - actually there are lots of new folks there. We hear that about 10 houses have sold recently.

Nice meeting you H. Inspector (who by the way is a chiropractor) and don't forget to come and visit this side of the world.

and over 400 people looked at the report and no one said hi? - boo.

Come visit La Bocana

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 09:37 PM

Hi! Wish I could've been there.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 09:40 PM

And you did remember to mention Health Detective in the first post. In ALL CAPS.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
2-3-2016 at 10:46 PM
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2016 at 04:28 PM

and so I did!

thanx for the hello BigBearRider.

Come visit La Bocana

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2016 at 08:30 PM

I read it all!

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2016 at 10:28 AM

thanks for the hello Cliffy! see you in the not so far future!

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.