Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Mulege Getaway Home for Sale $90,000 USD
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 01:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Beachgirl  
Now we can get back to civilized communication about our house! By the way you can U2U us with questions. Nomads limits photos, so we have lots more, taken last month. Thanks.

What please is a "civilized communication"? Not telling the truth, is that civilized? Oh boy!
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 02:23 PM

Looks like a smokin good deal, particularly the turn key house with furnishings and all of the toys necessary to enjoy Mulege area to the max. Should sell quickly.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 05:41 PM

God, I was hopin that JC43 had found something else get on a soapbox about... She just can't leave it alone... There are no guarantees anywhere you plant yourself...
Pretty hard to not know what has happened in Mulege over the last 10 years.
You all knowing preacher but there are many folks that choose to take the chance.. You can't find a much nicer place to winter. It's not really any of your business but you make it so... Take a hike princess.....
Oh well, nuff said, she is never gonna let it go and what a waste of time arguing with a pinhead...
Good luck Mike and Roz.. it is a pleasure to know you and you can see by the pictures which are current how well some folks take care of their property after the flood events..
Take care...

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Beachgirl
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 08:58 PM

Mulege boasts, or should, about having the second oldest mission on the Baja Peninsula. It is remote, beautiful, almost untouched by the ugly tourist population, and I am almost afraid to mention this, as I don't want this to change. Do not move to Mulege if you have in mind a fashion show in your suitcase to parade down the boulevard. This is a raw place, with real residents, real locals. Pig races, Dorado tournaments, a small local community of real people wanting to just swap lies at the local bar...or not. People who live in Mulege are strong, intelligent, interesting people who don't give a damn about a storm now and then. Who really cares? We move our stuff, hunker down, and then move back into our homes after the storms. What is the issue here? We live in a tropical zone. We have warm winters, great fishing opportunities, fabulous friends in our little community. Rent a storage space, move your stuff, move it back in, who cares? It is a fabulous little loving community NOT for sissies. Anyone want to be sissy? Live somewhere else. Mulege is awesome, the people are fantastic, and the community is wonderful.
Brinloor
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 11:35 AM

"Do not move to Mulege if you have in mind a fashion show in your suitcase to parade down the boulevard."

Oh that's precious, coming from the woman who brings an elf costume in her suitcase every year :) The local kids are going to miss you as much as your friends and neighbours will.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 03:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
@micah202: Are you that naïve to think that everybody in the US knows about the problems inside the Mulege river valley? That it is their fault if they buy something in the river valley?

...as I said in my post,, 'caveat emptor',,buyer beware. If a person buys a place -anywhere-but especially in baja, they should exercise due diligence. Land title,,local conditions,, are only a couple of things one must investigate. If someone doesn't go beyond seller's word an -any- purchase they deserve what they get.

That said,,,even knowing -fully- the possibilities of living on-river in Mulege,,,that seems like an alluring price for the package. Many would decide that the downside possibilities outweigh the allure of the good times!

Best advice for anyone going to baja is to have a mobile home or rent first,,,know what you're getting into before you buy. Anyone not doing this basically deserves what they get.

[Edited on 2-7-2016 by micah202]
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 07:27 PM

@ micah202. This is not the X-Factor, but you got "4 YESes" on your comment.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 07:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
@ micah202. This is not the X-Factor, but you got "4 YESes" on your comment.

...yah,,,you've certainly made your point here, glad you agree the price seems appropriate, all considered. ..... nothing much more to say,eh!?;D.

[Edited on 2-8-2016 by micah202]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 10:55 PM

Oh my goodness! Living in the tropics is fabulous, and sometimes a bit of a challenge. I don't know JC43, but apparently this person would rather not live anywhere in a tropical zone. There is a very large band around the earth which includes at a casual glance to cover at least ONE HUNDRED places which could sustain hurricane weather. JC43, you might want to make a list of these countries and areas to be certain you avoid any contact. North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Central, East and West Africa, and Southeast Asia...or, you could be creative and start sabotaging real estate ads on a global basis. Please discontinue making posts on the ad for our home. If you want to stand on a bandwagon, run for President.

Many house in hurricane areas are not built in flood zones. This house is, it WILL flood.
Jc43 speaks truth, just not very politely.
The RE ads for these mileage places on river should disclose that these river houses flood every few years, the floods are frequent. I have never seen the ads disclose that floods are frequent,... I don't think the ads ever mention floods
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 07:54 AM

The add is posted on Baja Nomads, everyone that participates here (the few that are left) are well aware of the flooding potential in the river valley. Nobody is trying to hide anything from a potential buyer.

It's unfortunate that your post has gone in the toilet like the rest of the posts on Nomads Mike, your place is great and a bargain at the asking price. Perhaps posting the add on a web site that is followed by sober adults would be a good idea. Good luck with the sale....

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 10:58 AM

mtgoat666
You are absolutely right: Not very polite what I had to say. But it is hard to be polite seeing sellers of homes located in the Mulege river valley trying to pull other Americans over the table. Mulegemichael said: I mentioned honestly the house is located on the river. That statement triggers something very positive. Exactly that is not honest as folks NoB are not aware that the Mulege river is dangerous to dwellings during hurricanes. The many homes formerly along the flood zone washed into the Gulf of California are the best evidence to that! And, you are right again. No word about the potential danger of floods is mentioned in the post.

@ dtbushpilot
I agree that everyone HERE is aware of the potential danger inside the flood zone.
But all ads here - this one , COL`s and others - are targeting potential byers NOT reading BajaNomad on a regular base. Those who are scrolling through the net by occasion looking for a home in Baja.
Now, this might be a surprise to everyone here: Yes, I agree, the price tag on this property is 100% o.k. Considering that just some years ago K. Smith sold the property to Mulegemicheal and Beachgirl for more than 200K. (::: rumor, not sure! Info from 3rd party) Even more thinking about boat, Quads etc. coming w/ the deal.
As always, there is a "But" to a low price. Question is, who wants to own a home > looking for fun, going fishing and having a good time < but every two years or so, a potential new owner has to come several weeks not having fun, spending $$$ cleaning his new home from mud, buying new furniture, painting the home and restoring flood damage.
That is the question which needs to be answered.

Last not least. Why is it that nearly all home owners along the flood zone of the river are trying to get rid of their homes??? For cheap! Despite the fact that they purchased or built the home some years ago for many $$$ more than they are now asking for?

Beachgirl
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 05:26 PM

Thank you, friends, for your lovely comments about our house, and about us, and, of course, about our dear Mulege, and yes, I will cop to the elf costume comment, but am proud to stand with my husband, mulegemichael, Santa Claus in various places in Baja for over 20 years. Above all else, we love our friends, and our community. That is something that cannot be replaced, or erased from our memories. Today I went through our Gringo Phone Book, and our photo albums, and flashed over our years there in our beautiful home. Birthday parties with the (Mexican Beatles) Districo 13, Geoffrey Castle, community dinners with everyone bringing fish to Cliff Taylor's, a dear, dear wonderful gentle soul, fishing at Mateo's Hole, hugs and an afternoon c-cktail at Bart's, dinner on the riverside night after night sitting in tank tops and shorts in February, friends walking by on the riverfront with (or without) dog(s), popping in for a chat, squeezing our own orange juice from our own orange trees, fishing tournaments for Dorado, carnitas on Saturday mornings at Dany's, the Bloody Marys at El Candil - the finest worldwide, drives to Santa Inez for long walks and sand dollars where not another person was seen all day, planting our feet in the sand at El Patron while enjoying their perfect seafood soup, reading/napping while slack-jawed in a recliner outside, shopping at Saul David's and scoring half-and-half, whale watching in the lagoon after a night in San Ignacio in a yurt. We will have these amazing experiences in our hearts until we die. What can compare to that?

[Edited on 2-9-2016 by Beachgirl]

gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 05:37 PM

Thank you, friends, for your lovely comments about our house, and about us, and, of course, about our dear Mulege, and yes, I will cop to the elf costume comment, but am proud to stand with my husband, mulegemichael, Santa Claus in various places in Baja for over 20 years. Above all else, we love our friends, and our community. That is something that cannot be replaced, or erased from our memories. Today I went through our Gringo Phone Book, and our photo albums, and flashed over our years there in our beautiful home. Birthday parties with the (Mexican Beatles) Districo 13, Geoffrey Castle, community dinners with everyone bringing fish to Cliff Taylor's, a dear, dear wonderful gentle soul, fishing at Mateo's Hole, hugs and an afternoon c-cktail at Bart's, dinner on the riverside night after night sitting in tank tops and shorts in February, friends walking by on the riverfront with (or without) dog(s), popping in for a chat, squeezing our own orange juice from our own orange trees, fishing tournaments for Dorado, carnitas on Saturday mornings at Dany's, the Bloody Marys at El Candil - the finest worldwide, drives to Santa Inez for long walks and sand dollars where not another person was seen all day, planting our feet in the sand at El Patron while enjoying their perfect seafood soup, reading/napping while slack-jawed in a recliner outside, shopping at Saul David's and scoring half-and-half, whale watching in the lagoon after a night in San Ignacio in a yurt. We will have these amazing experiences in our hearts until we die. What can compare to that?

I'm sure your recollections put a smile on many faces reading your post; they sure did on mine. Cliff walked me around your house when I was down last Fall and it is a beautiful spot; the largest lot in the Oasis and a dream for anyone with a family and time on their hands to spend in Baja. Your description of Mulege earlier was spot on as well. Sure, there are perils with owning a home in a remote area adjacent to a river, but perils exist anywhere (even in the hills of coastal Orange County, where we have our share of fires and mudslides). Like any real estate transaction, a buyer needs to do their diligence and make an informed decision.

Anyone in the market should definitely check out this spot; it is fantastic. I wish I had more time to spend down there. Although I have never met the buyers, I have certainly heard their names and always in positive terms. This is not a fire sale by any means.

Mulege is definitely a place where memories are made.
baron
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 10:18 AM

If it matters at all I had the pleasure to put a face to the name mulegemichael at a super bowl party downtown.....the year that the Who played half time. Very nice older gentleman who seemed well liked at the party. Sometimes I forget how many "old guys" are on this forum! They are usually the ones with all the great experiences though.
Beachgirl
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 05:38 PM

Baron - You gave me my daily dose of laughter. Mulegemichael is nine years older than you, my friend! Thank you for the nice comment, though. Old Guys Rule!
baron
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 08:41 PM

So what'd I say? Nice older guy? Like that is how I remember him. I mean to put faces to some of these guys can be a surprise. lol If he is 9 yrs older than me....he be gettin old!
And now it makes sense that he wants to sell and go back home!! Somewhere like Bainbridge Island? Great place.
BTW anyone that visits any of those places on the river would obviously ask the question.....How often does it flood here? Hardly any need to talk about it. Its called due diligence.
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 2-18-2016 at 09:40 AM

Hey, another nomad amigo of mine was able to host a bunch more pics of our house on his server for folks to look at. Simply go to http://tinyurl/jfxxb53 ...thanks willyairstream, for your help; much appreciated

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2016 at 09:44 AM

http://tinyurl.com/jfxxb53
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2016 at 09:48 AM

Not trying to be rude, but I'm curious how high the water was on the house in the biggest flood?

"The future ain't what it used to be"
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 2-18-2016 at 09:44 PM

Not rude at all...8 feet if i recall. Livin' in the tropics, it ain't all it's copped out to beeee.

But it'll really git to ya when it's a lot, lot coola up herrrrre.

If'n I'd eva loved livin' in a town of love that would take my heart away,
It would be mulege....

mulegeeeee.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.