Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  11
Author: Subject: Carjacking
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 05:56 PM

Yeah, this is a pretty pathetic attempt for attention for some posters who otherwise lead very drab and non-productive lives. Like it is the responsibility if JJJ that he is going to keep us from our poor mistaken little reports. I certainly hope that a caravan consisting of some of the finer members of argumentative jurisprudence decide to take a trip down the peninsula, (which I suspect many of these Komputer Kowboys have seldom, if ever, experienced, and they want to tell us this story is a complete fabrication and nothing of substance. That sure does not fit with the contacts that I have encountered from the ISSTE Hospital, Policia Federales, a new office of Tourism development for the area, and the guys who were working at the gas station on the entrance of Santa Rosalia, which is where the ambulance came and hauled the victims to the clinic.

So, the only motivation I can figure with these rather sick and misguided individuals who want to play make believe jurors, is that they are desperately trying to impress all their friends about how intelligent they are. After failing miserably, maybe those of us who would really like to know just what went on can get some understanding of what happened so that we can make corrective adjustments and avoid a repeat of a traumatic experience for those who had to go through this really negative experience.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 06:19 PM

Dittos

I was good with this post ... and still am

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Hmmmm,... Could be bs yarns by a hate club member playing with his false IDs,... The story is consistent with certain whack jobs that post on a board that shall not be named...

These seem to be - from my standpoint - legit posts by legit users.

fyi

[Edited on 2-10-2016 by wessongroup]
kevind
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 09:51 PM

I received a text from Heather this afternoon saying that she was contacted today by the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana. They will now contact the appropriate agencies in Santa Rosalia regarding this investigation.

[Edited on 2-10-2016 by kevind]
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 10:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by kevind  
I received a text from Heather this afternoon saying that she was contacted today by the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana. They will now contact the appropriate agencies in Santa Rosalia regarding this investigation.

.....glad to hear something's being done with the file.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 10:44 PM

Thanks for the up date ... :):)

[Edited on 2-10-2016 by wessongroup]

[Edited on 2-10-2016 by BajaNomad]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 07:32 AM

the local police stopped by here yesterday, they had NOT heard about ut but our delegado told me he had. I still have a student in santa rosalia investigating what the police know there.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 07:42 AM

It is my understanding that the consulate is now working on this case, but privacy concerns prevent public comment. We just need to respect that and let them do their job now.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 08:20 AM

Thanks for the posts bajablanca and bajagringo.

I hope more information comes out.
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 11:55 AM

Good to know. It seems very reasonable that they would want to heal up from their injuries before stirring things up too much. It must also be terrifying knowing they need to get their vehicles back up north, and back through the same checkpoint.

Hopefully they can get someone to drive their stuff back up across the border and fly back, if they haven't already.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 02:24 PM

I know Mexico is dangerous, but what a bunch of BS - I have a secret - crap to keep people in the dark.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 03:02 PM
As "Easy" once said....................

"A man once told me that when you step out of your door in the morning, you're already in trouble. The only question is, are you on top of that trouble or not?"

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 03:17 PM

The incident is now under investigation by the Consulate and I talked to the Policia Federal and the Ministerial and they have both been contacted by the Consulate. So there will be some investigation. My major interest was that people who travel this area have some information as a heads up for their own safety, not get into a Pi...ing match with some lightweights on the computer. So keep your eyes and ears open as you transit this area. There is an increase in cracking down on some of the cartel and that may or not be related. After consulting numerous resources, it goes beyond saying that this incident occurred. So now, Proceed With Caution.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 03:54 PM

The only secrecy I could see should be coming from the US Consulate, discussing private information of the victims with others, but I'm hard pressed to see why the alleged victims can't talk about their ordeal if they choose, especially if they are no longer in Mexico, and they're out of harms way of retaliation by the alleged Mexican perpetrators.

News sources from both sides of the borders routinely get a hold of information like this and report it in their local papers without consent from the victims.

As far as I can see, the US Consulate doesn't conduct investigations, and if you have been a victim of crime, they ask to see your "police report," although they do say they can assist in gathering information.

In the meantime I'm still waiting for official corroborating evidence this incident took place, because this incident raised too many red flags, especially the sudden secrecy. Maybe, the whole thread should be deleted out of unknown concerns of the alleged victims.

Help for U.S. Citizen Victims of Crime Overseas

If you are the victim of a crime overseas:

Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate:
Consular officers are available for emergency assistance 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.

Contact information for U.S. Embassies and Consulates overseas can be found here or by going to our individual Country Specific Information pages.

To contact the Department of State in the U.S. call 1-888-407-4747 (from the U.S. or Canada) or (202) 501-4444 (from overseas).
Contact the local police to report the incident and get immediate help. Request a copy of the police report.

Here is what they can and can't do:
We can help:

Replace a stolen passport
Contact family, friends, or employers
Obtain appropriate medical care
Address emergency needs that arise as a result of the crime
Explain the local criminal justice process
Obtain information about your case
Connect you to local and U.S.-based resources to assist victims of crime
Obtain information about any local and U.S. victim compensation programs available
Provide a list of local lawyers who speak English

We cannot:

Investigate crimes
Provide legal advice or represent you in court
Serve as official interpreters or translators
Pay legal, medical, or other fees for you

read the rest here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/emergencies/vi...

Here is some specific information if you decide to file a complaint:

Initial Decision: Filing a Police Report and Seeking Prosecution

If you decide to pursue a criminal prosecution, you have a choice as to which type of police report to file. The type of report you choose to file is based on the type of crime committed and what you hope to accomplish.

If you intend to pursue criminal charges, the suspect has already been caught, or an arrest is likely, you may file a complaint, or “denuncia,” with the District Attorney’s office. The filing of this complaint formally starts the investigation with the objective of charging a suspect and going forward to trial. For law enforcement to act as quickly as possible, this complaint should be filed in the judicial district where the crime took place. The process of filing a complaint may take several hours. Many police stations will not have an English-speaking officer available to assist you. Although consular personnel may assist you with informal interpretation, they cannot act as official translators. They can assist you in finding an English-speaking attorney.
If you want to trigger an investigation, but pursuit of a criminal trial is not likely, you may still file a report called a “Reporte de Hechos” with the District Attorney’s office. You may need this type of report to pursue an insurance claim or for other purposes. Filing this type of complaint usually takes several hours as well.

If you do decide to file a report or "denuncia" for a serious crime, please provide a copy to the U.S. Embassy or closest U.S. Consulate in Mexico, accompanied by your address, telephone number, and email address in the event we need to communicate with you. While we are not authorized to act as your legal representative, prosecutor, or investigator, our office can help you track the progress of your case and advise you of any developments.

http://tijuana.usconsulate.gov/initial-decision.html

[Edited on 2-10-2016 by JoeJustJoe]
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 07:01 PM

Investigation AFTER the consulate contacts them.. Come ON! Another case of sweeping it under the rug. who is the next VICTIM?
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2016 at 08:21 AM

As usual, jjj(does not even rate capital letters) is spewing his BS and know it all attitude. As my father used to say, "If you are so cotton Pickin' Smart how come you are so Cotton Pickin' broke".
The people who had the problem have communicated to the proper people but with the very negative attitude displayed by jjj and his compatriots it was decided that they did not need any more hassle. They were already traumatized by the incident and did not need to go through a second round of amateur CSI investigators or junior lawyers. The Federales have confirmed it did happen, they have it under investigation.

Because of various people reporting there have been lots of twists. They were passed by the king cab vehicle who passed them and then pulled sideways in the road before assaulting them. The perps were not seen at the checkpoint. It did occur at Cuesta de Infierno, which is the Santa Rosalia Grade, near the bottom. They pulled in to the first Pemex station and because of the injuries, the police were called. The Municipal Police of Santa Rosalia called the ambulance who took the patient to the ISSTE hospital in Santa Rosalia.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2016 at 08:27 AM

Back in the old days before we collected the current population of Keyboard Kowboys, I remember the hijacking of a 210 Cessna from the airstrip at Serinidad Hotel in Mulege. Thank goodness the reports came out so that people could be informed of what happened, but there was very little reported in the press about the incident but that was a time when things were more positive here and the news got out to the people that might find it useful. Since I live in the Santa Rosalia area, I found the information about the carjacking informative and helpful in raising my awareness of a potential problem. If you want to play junior detective that is fine, but it would be beneficial to keep your thoughts to yourselves.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-11-2016 at 09:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
As usual, jjj(does not even rate capital letters) is spewing his BS and know it all attitude. As my father used to say, "If you are so cotton Pickin' Smart how come you are so Cotton Pickin' broke".
The people who had the problem have communicated to the proper people but with the very negative attitude displayed by jjj and his compatriots it was decided that they did not need any more hassle. They were already traumatized by the incident and did not need to go through a second round of amateur CSI investigators or junior lawyers. The Federales have confirmed it did happen, they have it under investigation.

Because of various people reporting there have been lots of twists. They were passed by the king cab vehicle who passed them and then pulled sideways in the road before assaulting them. The perps were not seen at the checkpoint. It did occur at Cuesta de Infierno, which is the Santa Rosalia Grade, near the bottom. They pulled in to the first Pemex station and because of the injuries, the police were called. The Municipal Police of Santa Rosalia called the ambulance who took the patient to the ISSTE hospital in Santa Rosalia.

The only one who is showing a know it all attitude is you pescador. You seem to say, "trust" me I know what's going on here,"and all you "BN' members better fall in line, and accept what I'm saying, or I'll engage in name calling.

I'm sorry, pescador, I'm the kind of person who asks the 5 w's, who what where when how and why.

A few of those W's have not been answered yet, and the red flags are continuing, like the Facebook page of the alleged mother, who went over to Talk Baja, to repeat essentially a second hand report, and really didn't add much to the second hand report, except to say a few odd things.

Now suddenly all her posts were pulled, and along with her disappearing, we also find out that Doc Holiday, also disappeared from "Talk Baja!" If you recall Doc Holiday, was another second hand, eyewitness, who claimed, he knew for a fact the incident took place, because the victims, either the father, mother, or Daughter, used his doctor friend in Mexico, and the doctor related all the personal information to Doc Holiday.

I know it's a peripheral issue, but what happened to the second hard, eyewitness Doc Holiday? ( BTW Doc Holiday, hit my BS radar big time! ) Peripheral issues add up.

The way this is going, I expect pescador, and his posts to disappear soon. At least I hope so.

[Edited on 2-11-2016 by JoeJustJoe]
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2016 at 11:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
If you want to play junior detective that is fine, but it would be beneficial to keep your thoughts to yourselves.

Beneficial?

Lighten up pes. Like chuck, you are very passionate and perhaps a bit emotional and over the top with your condemnation and name calling. Who put you in charge of anything around here?

I might be wrong here. I'm thinking Joe has an equal vote and opinion as you do. His posts are too long and complicated for me to follow. Maybe you should skip his posts too? Just a thought.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2016 at 11:31 AM

I have been on the fence but leaning towards being a believer but now I'm getting a little confused. The second post on here said that they recognized a guy from the check point and now they didn't.

This is a big deal as my relationships with the Army and Marines down here have been excellent.

At some point some hard information will surface but so far this all something I could concoct with some effort.

Sad to say, this is the flaw in social media. It has and will do so much for us but anyone with any experience has found that it is also much infiltrated with people in their mother's basement with too much spare time on their hands.

I'm still keeping an open mind but a personal friend (mexican) here in Mulege went through the newspapers (Sudcalifirniano, Collectiva Pericu and Zeta) for the week or two after the second of January with no results. They are fairly chatty about local affairs and tend to report even auto accidents if they are sufficiently lurid (of course).

Time will tell. For now I still leave the key in my bike in town much of the time and have lost the key to my house.

But if bullets start flying in Mulege then lookout! Don't get in my way as I drive North! Of course then I have to get through L.A. Sigh.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2016 at 06:58 PM

rumors, rumors, rumors...now the rumor is it was a road rage thing after he ran someone off the road (wide load trailering the boat)...who knows....but you are right...nothing in the news.
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.