Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10  
Author: Subject: Carjacking
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 2-14-2016 at 12:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
This is worse than 2 children in a sandbox.

Please take your bickering elsewhere. You want to fight and kill each other, that would probably help the gene pool anyway but PLEASE take it somewhere else

They are not welcome anywhere else, they have to post here.

No one is searching for the root of the problem.
Fire bomb the poppy fields
send the fish story ghost to sink the meth lab
What caused the brain damage that made them commit such a crime?
Find out and fix the root of the problem
Sounds like the night shift works for the cartel, easier to transport a truck load of drugs if your employe works at the check point.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 2-14-2016 at 12:41 PM

How is Roger doing?

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-14-2016 at 01:16 PM

Let me share some things I look at when trying to determine if a "trip report" is truthful or not.

And BTW I don't go around questioning all reports and I think I only challenged three reports in the main area of "Baja Nomad" since I been a member of this site.

I look to see if a report is timely, believing if something happens to somebody, they will probably report it right away, instead of waiting weeks, months, or years later to report it.

I look at the members who are reporting the alleged incident. I ask, do they have a track record on the forum, do they come off truthful, do they have respect from other forum members? I look to see if they make posts that are agenda based, and I want to know if they are promoting something, or are they just ugly Americans, that are always looking to put Mexico in a bad light.

Obviously with newbies, with no track record on a forum, I distrust them more than I do regular members, because I know nothing about them, and find it odd, they come to a forum with a fantastic story when they only been a member for a few days, although I don't discount their report out of hand, but I will scrutinized their report more carefully than a known forum or Facebook member.

With second hand reports, I basically say, nice report, but it's a second hand report, and I have no way to try to judge the validly of the report, and this is probably the reason courts treats second hand reports as 'hearsay" and usually don't allow it into evidence.

Third hand reports, forget them, because by the time you hear about it, most of the actual facts of the story will be changed, forgotten, or made up. It still might be an interesting story and have some truth to it, but a third hand report, is nothing but a third hand report, and should be treated as anecdotal evidence, or a good story.

Then I look at the report itself.

I want to know if there are things in the report that seems way over-the-top. I want to know if the report, asks you to suspend beliefs of known physical laws.

I also look for odd things in the report, and ask myself, " would a reasonable person( victim) act like that.

Hell, I even look at the behavior, at the bad guys in the report, and ask myself, would a bad guy, mugger, thief, or scam artist really do that. Even the bad guys are somewhat predictable.

These are just some of the things I look at when trying to determine if a report is truthful or not, and no, I don't have pencil and paper, checking things off, as I'm reading a incident report, but for sure, I see red flags right away, and sometimes I can't help myself, but share those feelings I have with others.

I'm also a contrarian in life, if the herd is going one way, I will go the opposite way, because herd behavior is almost always wrong.

[Edited on 2-14-2016 by JoeJustJoe]
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2016 at 01:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Let me share some things I look at when trying to determine if a "trip report" is truthful or not.

And BTW I don't go around questioning all reports and I think I only challenged three reports in the main area of "Baja Nomad" since I been a member of this site.

I look to see if a report is timely, believing if something happens to somebody, they will probably report it right away, instead of waiting weeks, months, or years later to report it.

I look at the members who are reporting the alleged incident. I ask, do they have a track record on the forum, do they come off truthful, do they have respect from other forum members? I look to see if they make posts that are agenda based, and I want to know if they are promoting something, or are they just ugly Americans, that are always looking to put Mexico in a bad light.

Obviously with newbies, with no track record on a forum, I distrust them more than I do regular members, because I know nothing about them, and find it odd, they come to a forum with a fantastic story when they only been a member for a few days, although I don't discount their report out of hand, but I will scrutinized their report more carefully than a known forum or Facebook member.

With second hand reports, I basically say, nice report, but it's a second hand report, and I have no way to try to judge the validly of the report, and this is probably the reason courts treats second hand reports as 'hearsay" and usually don't allow it into evidence.

Third hand reports, forget them, because by the time you hear about it, most of the actual facts of the story will be changed, forgotten, or made up. It still might be an interesting story and have some truth to it, but a third hand report, is nothing but a third hand report, and should be treated as anecdotal evidence, or a good story.

Then I look at the report itself.

I want to know if there are things in the report that seems way over-the-top. I want to know if the report, asks you to suspend beliefs of known physical laws.

I also look for odd things in the report, and ask myself, " would a reasonable person( victim) act like that.

Hell, I even look at the behavior, at the bad guys in the report, and ask myself, would a bad guy, mugger, thief, or scam artist really do that. Even the bad guys are somewhat predictable.

These are just some of the things I look at when trying to determine if a report is truthful or not, and no, I don't have pencil and paper, checking things off, as I'm reading a incident report, but for sure, I see red flags right away, and sometimes I can't help myself, but share those feelings I have with others.

I'm also a contrarian in life, if the herd is going one way, I will go the opposite way, because herd behavior is almost always wrong.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 2-14-2016 at 03:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  

Please take your bickering elsewhere. You want to fight and kill each other, that would probably help the gene pool anyway but PLEASE take it somewhere else

Sounds like the night shift works for the cartel, easier to transport a truck load of drugs if your employe works at the check point.

The story seems to be falling apart a little bit, because now we heard, at least three partial versions of the alleged incident.

The first story, which was a second hand story, the Mexican military, at the check point were involved in the assault on the family, because they deliberately held up the second car in the caravan, which allowed three men in military assault the family, and according to this report, the wife and daughter could eye witness at least one of the perpetrators, because he didn't even take off the military uniforms.

However, according to the mother's first hand report posted over at "Talk Baja," which has been since erased. The mother was asleep in the back of the car, dressed with hoodie and loose clothing, and she said her and her daughter didn't recognize the men from the check point, and could only give a vague description of the men, but she thinks the uniforms of the attackers were the same as the check point.

Now we have a third version of story from a "Baja Nomad" member who now is in contact with a family member, and he says, the perpetrators, were not seen at the check point at all.

The alleged victims, can't even recognize the perpetrators, and probably couldn't even point them out in a line up.

I don't know about me, but if anybody broke my car window, and pulled my daughter out by the hair, and then held a knife to her throat. I think I would remember their face, and in fact, I probably would never forget their face as long as I lived.

There is now little to no evidence that the military check point, and Mexican military personal was involved in this alleged incident at all. There are no alleged victim witnesses connecting the Mexican military, to this alleged incident.

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2016 at 03:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  

The story seems to be falling apart a little bit, because now we heard, at least three partial versions of the alleged incident.

The first story, which was a second hand story, the Mexican military, at the check point were involved in the assault on the family, because they deliberately held up the second car in the caravan, which allowed three men in military assault the family, and according to this report, the wife and daughter could eye witness at least one of the perpetrators, because he didn't even take off the military uniforms.

However, according to the mother's first hand report posted over at "Talk Baja," which has been since erased. The mother was asleep in the back of the car, dressed with hoodie and loose clothing, and she said her and her daughter didn't recognize the men from the check point, and could only give a vague description of the men, but she thinks the uniforms of the attackers were the same as the check point.

Now we have a third version of story from a "Baja Nomad" member who now is in contact with a family member, and he says, the perpetrators, were not seen at the check point at all.

The alleged victims, can't even recognize the perpetrators, and probably couldn't even point them out in a line up.

I don't know about me, but if anybody broke my car window, and pulled my daughter out by the hair, and then held a knife to her throat. I think I would remember their face, and in fact, I probably would never forget their face as long as I lived.

There is now little to no evidence that the military check point, and Mexican military personal was involved in this alleged incident at all. There are no alleged victim witnesses connecting the Mexican military, to this alleged incident.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-14-2016 at 03:52 PM

17year old kid on a Polaris won the main at Deadwood today....Same kid that won at Fargo 2 weeks ago....

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2016 at 03:55 PM

Jihad you're always complaining that people do not provide links to what they post. How about you providing proof you emailed the American Consulate and show the actual emails back and forth! Until that happens I do not believe you.

Here is a little bit of information I received from the U. S. consulate, when I sent them an email, asking basic information about this alleged case, and I related to them a few concerns of mine, that may have crossed the desk of the U.S consulate over the years.

Since there is no note about their email being privileged and confidential. I'm comfortable, sharing at least partially the main gist of their email to me.

The other main thing they told me, was that due to Privacy Act limitations, they can't publicly or privately discuss any inquiries of any possible case. I'm sure this extends to everyone, even those claiming special friendship with Consulate personal.

In the future, if I ever find myself a victim of a serious crime in Baja, after I received medical attention, I'm going to call the U.S Consulate, because I will probably need help to navigate all the red tape, especially if I want to do the equivalent of "press charges" in Mexico. I would also want a local police report, because the U.S. Consulate wants proof the incident took place, although they may be able to help you in that regard.

"The Consulate’s primary responsibilities are the safety and security of U.S. citizens in Baja California; therefore, we treat all such reports as valid until they are demonstrated to be otherwise. With all reports of violent attacks targeting U.S. citizens, once we have spoken to the alleged victim, we regularly follow-up with local law enforcement contacts to verify the facts of the report and to inquire about investigative progress. In addition, we provide guidance to the victims on filing a criminal complaint, and in seeking out victims assistance programs."

[Edited on 2-13-2016 by JoeJustJoe]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2016 at 04:41 PM

I think his dad has a shop over in Duluth.....

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-14-2016 at 05:10 PM

And Duluth isn't far from Hibbing.....some good music came out of Hibbing....

Don't believe everything you think....
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2016 at 05:37 PM

Uff Daa!

Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 08:04 AM

Another grubby day in paradise. Blue sky wall to wall. Gonna hit 80 maybe. Light breeze.

I hated school and lived in Washington State so waking up to sunny weather still means that it's Summer vacation and I don't have to go to school today!

Big grin.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 11:05 AM

I went grocery shopping at 9:00 a.m. in shorts and flip-flops today! Must be all that warm air flowing eastward from SoCal lately.... thanks, I love springtime, especially when it's only the middle of February. I should mention we're at 4500' elevation at that!

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 11:16 AM

Yesterday was 89 degrees in Ensenada!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 11:21 AM

What weird passive-aggressive grade school type trolling here in an attempt to derail this thread.

The good thing is the mass hysteria of these kind of threads seem to generate have also ended.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 11:34 AM

Warm enough here that I pulled the boat out...Walleyes be biting soon...

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 11:34 AM

....finally not raining in vancouver :biggrin:
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 11:39 AM

Jihad you're always complaining that people do not provide links to what they post. How about you providing proof you emailed the American Consulate and show the actual emails back and forth! Until that happens I do not believe you.

What weird passive-aggressive grade school type trolling here in an attempt to derail this thread.

The good thing is the mass hysteria of these kind of threads seem to generate have also ended.

Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 11:56 AM

Finally opened up the house. Being down on the river seems to mean that the mornings are chilly.

Going to a ride out Icehouse Road with a newbie on Friday afternoon and it's looking like a T-shirt day. Whee!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-16-2016 at 11:59 AM

Yep, it's melting up here in the southern interior of BC. Snowmobilers are sulking, dirtbikers are getting ready and the gardening shops are saying "still to early to be in the garden".

I am "retiring" at end of April....so the difficult decisions ahead of me are "riding or gardening?"....

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.