Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  11
Author: Subject: Carjacking
kevind
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 01:14 PM
Images of attack near Santa Rosalia

Thank you very much. I will attempt to upload.
Kevin
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 01:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by kevind  
..... I called the father this morning and spoke to he and the mother both. They have also combed through the obvious places that this should have been reported and have found nothing. This has fueled their concern. They have chosen not to write to local papers out of concern for their safety. Individuals from 3 different agencies: Federales, St. Rosalia Police and another agency took photos of their drivers license and other documents with their home address etc. .....

Kevind,
It appears that the victims reported to the agencies named above in your post. If so, what follow-up has there been from the authorities as it would seem easy to identify at least the military perp?

What are the victims fearful of....injury in Baja (if they are "regulars" w/ a place there)....or someone tracking them down stateside?

The "reporting" of it on the net or tv/print seems far less important than "legal" follow-up.

Don't believe everything you think....
kevind
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 01:20 PM
Images of attack near Santa Rosalia

blow to temple.jpg - 242kB
kevind
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 01:25 PM
attack near Santa Rosalia

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 01:34 PM

All kinds of reasons not to report this....One is the kind of treatment given to it by some of the Kourageous Keyboard Kowboys on this forum. It does little good to report it in Mexico, no one is going to do anything about it. And, should a person go back to that area, some of those folks have long memories. I said nothing about the incident of mine for months, until I got tired of hearing how safe it is in Baja. And then of course there is always a fulltime muckraker like JJJ with their expert opinions. The WORLD, not just Baja, has changed, not for the best...Pretending it hasn't wont change it back...

kevind
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 01:47 PM
attack near Santa Rosalia

FullSizeRender.jpg - 63kB IMG_2647.JPG - 99kB IMG_2644.JPG - 83kB
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 01:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Seems to raise many questions,like who, and why, why, why???

Seems like easy answers on both.
"Who" - Mexicans, of course :)
"Why" - for ransom, usually.
kevind
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 01:54 PM

IMG_2650.JPG - 56kB IMG_2645.JPG - 58kB IMG_2651.JPG - 43kB
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 01:54 PM

... his telling me that the authorities in Santa Rosalia told him that his was the 3rd such crime in the pass area.

This is disconcerting! Were the other victims gringos or Mexicans? Were the other victims also attacked by soldier(s) they saw at san Ignacio military checkpoint?

When the soldiers are preying on tourists they identify at the checkpoint, makes you not trust any of the soldiers if they are using the stop, interrogation and search to choose their victims! flock that!

[Edited on 2-6-2016 by mtgoat666]
kevind
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 02:27 PM

Thanks for the assistance in uploading the images. I do not spend much time on the forum so the advice was helpful.

I must say that this process of simply attempting to disseminate what I felt was important information regarding a very disturbing incident that did in fact take place outside of Santa Rosalia to readers of Baja Nomad has opened my eyes to a few facts regarding the readership of the forum. The fact that some of you believe that there are "Mexico and Baja haters" lurking in the shadows spreading lies is very interesting to me. I simply had no idea this was such an on going issue that you had to protect yourselves from. Good luck with this.
I first visited Baja with my fishing crazed parents in '63 taking a shrimp trawler from Guaymas to Santa Rosalia. We then drove overland for 8 hours on a dirt road to Mulege. I returned in '74 on a sailboat then drove the peninsula in '77. I have fished, boated and surfed the Baja, owned property there and continue to love the place and it's people, warts and all. I write this so that you do not confuse me with a Mexico hater. My sole intent in sharing this frightening story was to educated other travelers to the ever changing situations and challenges traveling in Baja presents to those of us who drive the transpeninsular highway.

My sincere best wishes to all.
Respectfully Kevin
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 02:32 PM

I hope the victims have reported this to the United States Consulate in baja. They should be aware of this, especially since a member of the Mexican military was involved.

Telephone numbers and email addresses here. I bet the report including the photos posted here could all be done via email.

http://tijuana.usconsulate.gov/contact.html

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 03:03 PM

These photos are interesting, it still doesn't prove that attack took place in Santa Rosalia. It only shows a man in a hospital for a possible broken leg and other injuries.

Kevind, do you have any photos of the wife and daughter in the hospital, and medical records with the intent of their injuries? You strongly imply the Mexicans at the check point, weren't interested in money, because you said the father threw his wallet at them, and the mother and daughter, threw their purses at them, but they were not interested with money, and so they held a knife to the daughters throat.

Were the mother and daughter kidnapped? You never said, but it seemed implied in your report.

And for Christ's sake, why not report the crime?

The alleged victim, the father, was brutally beaten, they broke his leg, they held a knife to the daughter's throat, and only God knows of the possible brutalization the mother and daughter allegedly suffered.

Does this family from Bend, Oregon, plan to return to Santa Rosalia, after the traumatization of the whole family?

Now speaking from a personal frame point. If it was me and my family, I would not rest until the perpetrators were behind bars, or 6 feet under, and I wouldn't be scared reporting them, because after I would seek justice, I would never take my family to Santa Rosalia again, but that's just me.

[Edited on 2-6-2016 by JoeJustJoe]
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 03:23 PM

Alleged "victim" ... :lol::lol:

This is NOT a court room ... pound sand :biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 2-6-2016 by wessongroup]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 03:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  
Alleged "victim" ... :lol::lol:

This is NOT a court room ... pound sand :biggrin::biggrin:

If it was a court room, both second, and third hand reports would be considered "hearsay" and therefore generally inadmissible in the court room.

I might add a forum report like this would probably never make the pages of newspapers like the " San Diego Union Tribune" without the newspaper's editor asking for corroborating evidence from the reporter.

Just something to think about.

[Edited on 2-6-2016 by JoeJustJoe]
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 03:33 PM

Operative word ... "IF" ... :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm giving you a MR 15+ on this one (MR = Muck Raker) :lol::lol:

btw the MR sale is 0 to 10

It's NOT IF THESE individuals were physically attacked and received some pretty bad "LUMPS" ...

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 04:14 PM

this is getting ugly fast.

Harald Pietschmann
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 04:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
this is getting ugly fast.

Of course it is Harald, would you expect anything different?

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 05:12 PM

JoeJustJoe adds his usual vitriolic BS here. The pictures indicate where the treatment took place, where the original accident took place (which is the grade by Tres Virgenes, not the Cuesta coming down into Santa Rosalia. What Kevin is calling a clinic is the ISSTE hospital in Santa Rosalia and not the general hospital.
My preliminary communication with the Federal Police (make that Pandas for those of you who understand nothing about the various police forces in Mexico, indicate that they are aware and investigating. More importantly, is the fact that the Policia Ministerial is investigating. When it comes to thefts, assaults, and the like the local Municipal Police are of little use, but instead it is important to talk to the Ministerial, which is more of a Federal Police.
So those who find it entertaining to cast dispersion (that means spreading the bullchit like Joe and others) can put it to bed. Will post more information when it is accurate.
And thank you Kevin for not listening to the Stupidity that is so prevalent here and putting out as much information as you have.:fire::fire::fire:

[Edited on 2-7-2016 by Pescador]
Highwayman

Mood: Sunny

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 05:15 PM

Long time viewer on this site. Thanks for posting this info. We are driving to Cabo in March and any info, good or bad, is a big help.. We drove down two years ago and had an excellent trip. I will post a trip report this time.
BigWooo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 05:32 PM

I was skeptical, but not any more. I checked the photo information (with photoshop) and they were taken with an iPhone on January 2nd. First photo of the police cars was around 11:00 a.m. and the injury shots were taken between 4:00 and 5:00 pm. I was hoping this was a hoax.

Edit: I sure hope they have a quick recovery. Mentally and physically.

[Edited on 2-7-2016 by BigWooo]
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.