Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  11
Author: Subject: Carjacking
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 01:54 PM

While making a high speed reverse towing a hobey cat!.....????

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 02:09 PM

No reverse, forward. At that point I wouldn't care about the Cat

a
Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
While making a high speed reverse towing a hobey cat!.....????
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 02:11 PM

Mexico is a very dangerous place.. But after reading talk baja and here....no police report...consulate knows nothing, bogus descriptin, OP decides to leave all mad... The wjhole thing wqas made up to get people excites. aND IT WORLKED. hAPPY nOMAD DAY!
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 02:32 PM

It has happened just like I feared, not so much here on " Baja Nomad" but over at Talk Baja, Facebook, it looks like many of the members are into full panic over this alleged incident Santa Rosalia, where according to Heather, who was sleeping and in a daze, a trio of Mexican men, with a hammer, baseball bat and knives made a coordinated attack on her husband and daughter after cutting them off on the road.

But now over at "Talk Baja" most of the talk and a number of threads are concerned with personal safety, and what to do is a similar situation happened to them.

There is nothing wrong with discussing personal safety issues on the road, but some of these ideas, are way way over-the-top for average older ex-pats traveling on Baja highways.

Some people need to get a grip, Americans aren't being randomly targeted in Mexico or any other place in Mexico. Yes there is violence in Mexico, but the mass majority of violence and homicides takes place between Mexican cartel members fighting turf battles in urban cities.

I'm still waiting for official confirmation from official sources or legitimate newspapers with editors. if indeed this incident did take place, it has to be a very isolated and rare occurrence. It doesn't sound to be that Santa Rosalia, peninsula road is a hotbed of criminal and cartel activity. Of course there have been reports of harassment at this check point.

In the mean time I would tell those over at "Talk Baja" to calm down and relax.

The yahoo, Doc Holiday, who also wrote a second hand report claiming the highway incident did take place, and is obviously posting behind a fake Facebook page, is whipping up the hysteria with a few of his posts, Although I admit, I want to see Doc's," MAMBA (Multiple Attacker Maiming/Disabling Tool) stick, and perhaps get me one. But I'm sorry, most of his ideas are just comical, and really just tough guy talk.

Doc Holiday, isn't alone, with personal safety ideas. Other recommendations are traveling in a caravan, which I admit is a good idea, but it's not something everybody could do, so should they just stay home if they can't get a caravan together?

Everybody seems to recommend wasp spray, which is OK I guess if the other party doesn't have a gun, knife, or other weapon.

Then we see even far out ideas, like the "TB Facebook" member that recommends a "flame thrower! ( I'm not kidding!)

My advice is simple, don't pull over you car ever on Baja roads, unless it's a police officer pulling you over, it's unlikely somebody is going to be over to cut you off while you're driving at a high rate speed on a highway, you only see that in movies, or you read about them on Baja sites.

Pity the fool that tries to pull over Doc Holiday.

Doc Holiday wrote: ALERT: Some will have no interest in this thread.

The details related in Ron's recent post of the road attack near Sta. Rosalia are real. The attack was vicious and only ended because of the random arrival of another vehicle. I have been thinking about what I would do in a similar attack and have developed an immediate action plan. I am curious as to what others have planned out. If you are willing to share ideas please post them. Some of this exchange of info will need to take place off the public domain of f.b. thru private messages. This thread is for people who are at least willing to resort to violence to protect themselves. If you're unwilling to fight for your life please go start your own non-violence thread. Thanks.

________
More Doc Holiday ideas:

Using the recent scenario as an attack "template".
Vehicle passes me cuts me off, stops and several men emerge with bats and hammers. Fight is on.
My strongest weapon is my truck. I will drive it into the suspect vehicle and try to crush as many assailants as I can. I will hit their vehicle and try to push it out of my way. I will back up and try to put space between us and ram them again. If they jump on the vehicle trying to break windows and gain entry I will jam on the breaks to knock them loose. I'll use the truck as a weapon until it no longer moves or until they gain entry. Then it's time to get out and fight. You cannot effectively fight from inside a vehicle. Meanwhile I've already grabbed my MAMBA (Multiple Attacker Maiming/Disabling Tool) stick. This is a tool that I modified to take on multiple attacker. I will send you a pic if you PM me. This is held in one hand allowing the other hand to open doors, grab assailants and open one last beer. Now it's a street fight. Gotta practice for that. I also have a Belgian Malinois who's a bit timid for the breed but when excited knows how to bite. I am training him in car-jacking scenarios but he remains an unknown factor. My mindset in this scenario is that they are trying to kill me. And, I believe that mindset is what gives you the best chance of survival.

[Edited on 2-8-2016 by JoeJustJoe]
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 02:39 PM

....yeh,,,don't drive at night. <;-/

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 03:35 PM

What a schmozzle this is turning into....
"Be Afraid....very very afraid" kind of reactions abound with the usual strategies of armed defense fantasies.

I stated I find the report credible.....but have also said that Rand Paul has some good ideas....

It all leaves me thinking that there may be some "hotspots" to be wary of in Baja as well as certain driving conditions to be alert to....and keep on learning from common sense and caution applied to some circumstances.

Don't believe everything you think....
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 03:56 PM

Harald said it....Use your brain...

windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 04:57 PM

Hi,

Just to clear things up...I was quoting Pescador and thanking him for the information that he provided. Sorry to you, Pescador, for not quoting your complete post. I deleted my previous post to reduce any further confusion.

I am not involved in anything related to this matter other than as a reader and a person heading home on Mex 1. My only dog in this fight is a wish for safe journeys for all.

W

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
JoeJustJoe adds his usual vitriolic BS here. The pictures indicate where the treatment took place, where the original accident took place (which is the grade by Tres Virgenes, not the Cuesta coming down into Santa Rosalia. What Kevin is calling a clinic is the ISSTE hospital in Santa Rosalia and not the general hospital.
My preliminary communication with the Federal Police (make that Pandas for those of you who understand nothing about the various police forces in Mexico, indicate that they are aware and investigating. More importantly, is the fact that the Policia Ministerial is investigating. When it comes to thefts, assaults, and the like the local Municipal Police are of little use, but instead it is important to talk to the Ministerial, which is more of a Federal Police.
So those who find it entertaining to cast dispersion (that means spreading the bullchit like Joe and others) can put it to bed. Will post more information when it is accurate.
And thank you Kevin for not listening to the Stupidity that is so prevalent here and putting out as much information as you have.:fire::fire::fire:

[Edited on 2-7-2016 by Pescador]

[Edited on 2-9-2016 by windgrrl]

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 06:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
it looks like many of the members are into full panic over this alleged incident Santa Rosalia

How about some "links" or statistics to support this kinda statement ... Or, is it just an opinion that doesn't require any factual support and should be just considered Free Speech ... lacking any factual support ... the same thing which you accuse the victim's in this incident of doing

If this statement is your opinion, so STATE

Which would be reasonable to expect IMHO :biggrin::biggrin:

One thing for sure ... It didn't happen in Bend, OR ... or are you stating it did ... :lol::lol:

[Edited on 2-9-2016 by wessongroup]
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 07:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gallesram  
I am thankful for this post; it caused others to post their experiences at the SI checkpoint which, as of now, will be on my radar as a potential trouble spot. Same thing happened with the cops in Constitucion; I wasn't aware of the problem but then read the posts about the crooked cops. When I finally did get pulled over there, I knew what to do thanks to the information posted here and avoided paying a mordita.

What did you do to avoid being robed by the crime police?

What ever happened to the guy that went missing a year or so ago? The one where they found his truck. The really long thread.

If the cops say they did not hear about it and the uniforms match the check point.. .. .. what does that mean. Crime cops with brain damage

Do not forget, they found 4 or more other mass graves while they were looking for the 43 students. Anyone still in jail?

You have to understand the type of brain damage caused by heroin addiction to understand why a crime like this can happen. Stop using the word cartel, replace it with the word heroin junkies

Mexico has a heroin problem that reaches all the way to the top
How do you fix the problem before you understand the problem?

no e got it

[Edited on 2-9-2016 by joerover]

[Edited on 2-9-2016 by BajaNomad]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 07:24 PM

Heroin = Heroin is an opioid painkillerl. It is also used as a recreational drug for its euphoric effects.

Heroine = A woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for her brave deeds and noble qualities.

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
I am thankful for this post; it caused others to post their experiences at the SI checkpoint which, as of now, will be on my radar as a potential trouble spot. Same thing happened with the cops in Constitucion; I wasn't aware of the problem but then read the posts about the crooked cops. When I finally did get pulled over there, I knew what to do thanks to the information posted here and avoided paying a mordita.

What ever happened to the guy that went missing a year or so ago? The one where they found his truck. The really long thread.

If the cops say they did not hear about it and the uniforms match the check point.. .. .. what does that mean. Crime cops with brain damage

Do not forget, they found 4 or more other mass graves while they were looking for the 43 students. Anyone still in jail?

You have to understand the type of brain damage caused by heroine addiction to understand why a crime like this can happen. Stop using the word cartel, replace it with the word heroine junkies

Mexico has a heroine problem that reaches all the way to the top

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 07:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  

You have to understand the type of brain damage caused by heroin addiction to understand why a crime like this can happen. Stop using the word cartel, replace it with the word heroin junkies

Mexico has a heroin problem that reaches all the way to the top

no e got it

[Edited on 2-9-2016 by joerover]

Chrisx,
Don't forget to lump meth heads in with the h junkies.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 09:31 PM

I've been addicted to HEROINE(s) for years. I'm a little too young for Fay Wray, but mine started with Jessica Lange who played King Kong's ingénue Ann Darrow in the first sequel. And her equal anti-HEROINE portrayal in 'The Postman Always Rings Twice'. Even in her twilight, her performances on the small screen are equally riveting.

Now, back to the bullchit. :smug:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 07:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBreak  
May stick to moto travel, simply because I am tired of the checkpoints and having some armed caucasion hating fool rifling through my stuff.

You may be the only person who thinks the military is being racist when they search gringos,.... And have not ever heard anyone think the military guys were hating gringos.

I have found that the military guys have always been respectful and the searches have been short. If you routinely experience inordinately long searches, perhaps it it your demeanor or appearance that prompts the long searches.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 09:16 AM
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones

Out of the dozens and dozens of Baja travel by car and RV I have never had any negative experiences at any checkpoint. When I use to travel with my Lab the even treated him with fun and respect.

I am sorry for your bad experience and may we learn from this. Maybe with any luck the perps are in a ditch somewhere.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 10:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
If this happened on the steep part of the grade, the road could easily be completely blocked by a truck, and backing up would be very difficult (personally I don't relish the idea of backing off a cliff). Horrible incident, the photos look like the clinic in Santa Rosalia (it is up on a hill and the pics indicated that with the view). The motive for such an attack is baffling. I drove through this check point twice in October and the young men were nothing other than polite. It is hard to fathom those soldiers doing something like this. But it does sound like the convoy was intentionally separated. Note to self - always wait for your convoy, even if you have to stop up the road a little bit.

Please re-read my posts. The clinic was the ISSTE hospital which is above KOPPEL in Santa Rosalia, it was not the general hospital which is up by the Hotel Francis. The grade, I think is the Tres Virgenes Grade and not the Cuesta de Inferierno which is the last grade coming into Santa Rosalia.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 10:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
just to stir the pot a little"

"The municipality police say there was no report of an incident on the hwy."

There are a few others over at "TB Facebook" asking questions, and talking to local officials like Ralph, who said he talked to a local police captain in the same municipality, but he hasn't heard about this alleged tragic incident.

Of course if you express any doubt , or ask too many questions, other than the second hand narrative, and now supposedly a first hand narrative, you may be attacked in this thread.

Ralph wrote: I translated the story and showed it to our police captain (since we are in the same municipality). He had not heard anything on the police chatter. He will ask for me tomorrow

I attack JoeJust Joe for being a little less intelligent than the rock he crawled out from under. Municipal police have almost nothing to do with any of this kind of thing. I have talked to the Federales and they relate that they are very much aware of this incident and have been monitoring that area for any further problems or incidents. They are very suspicious of people from Vizcaino.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 12:06 PM

I think the real issue here is how are the authorities responding to the victims' reporting.

We can certainly go down the gopher hole of "who is the best armchair sleuth?".....sure hope this doesn't deteriorate into the posting around Gary's disappearance a while back.

Different perspectives......a phrase that I remind myself of occasionally:

"If things exist exactly and only like I think they do, then everyone else would perceive it that way. Since that is not the case, then things must exist differently..."

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 01:36 PM

I think( MY opinion) is that not much will come of this from any investigation....there is said to have several instances of this, in the same area and what has happened so far? I'll believe they are serious when someone is in jail....I hope I am wrong...we shall see....

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 05:07 PM

Those '32 fords make the coolest rat-rods.....:light:

Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.