Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Sentri - Adding a vehicle
gsbotanico
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2016 at 01:03 PM

Transponders are no longer issued. I still have a decal on my windshield, but I've been told I can take it off. I renewed my Sentri late last year. I just hold the card up to the reader. My previous one worked the same way.

It used to be if you replaced your windshield you had to go in for a new decal. This is no longer necessary. Transponders haven't been issued in a long time. Everyone should have a card with a chip by this time.
paul r
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 09:57 PM
More please

Bluto

[*] posted on 4-1-2016 at 08:35 AM
Vehicle approved today

Just wanted to update anyone curious on how long it was taking to add a second vehicle to sentri right now... Almost 4 weeks.

I added the vehicle in GOES on 3/8/16 and it was approved today.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 4-4-2016 at 06:34 AM

We just had our Sentri interviews 4/1. Enrolled my car at the interview, was told that when I cross the border, I can expect to be pulled over to secondary for vehicle inspection. Not necessarily the next time; could happen any random crossing. Stickers or transponders are no longer required. Can't wait to NOT spend hours crossing.....
gsbotanico
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2016 at 07:16 AM

I keep track of the dates when I get sent into secondary inspection. It turns out that it's about once in two years. I'm always told I've been randomly selected by the computer. Last time I waited almost an hour to clear secondary. There were a lot of Sentri vehicles waiting for inspection and not too many inspectors.

You don't want to get caught with anything illegal. Know the rules, especially concerning alcohol, and declare anything that is legal to cross, even if it means paying duty.
akshadow
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2016 at 01:59 PM
trying to add vehicle

Was trying to help a friend add a replacement vehicle to sentri. Got into the information, has pass ID ?membership number showing, data shows old velicle, but not a place to add vehicle. What are we missing?
also how to delete old vehicle?
he also now has a passport card in place of a passport.
how to make those changes.

thanks.

Ron San Felipe Oct, Nov. Feb. Mar. April. remainder in Juneau Ak
tecatero
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2016 at 04:58 AM

can you add a vehicle with Baja plates ? I have a CA vehicle in Sentri but want to travel nob in my Mexican plated toyota truck...thanks
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 4-6-2016 at 05:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by akshadow  
Was trying to help a friend add a replacement vehicle to sentri. Got into the information, has pass ID ?membership number showing, data shows old velicle, but not a place to add vehicle. What are we missing?
also how to delete old vehicle?
he also now has a passport card in place of a passport.
how to make those changes.

thanks.

On the main GOES screen, click "Manage Membership" to go to the next screen to add a vehicle. There, click on the "US Programs" pull down menu and select "Add Vehicle" or "Remove Vehicle" as you wish.

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2016 at 05:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tecatero  
can you add a vehicle with Baja plates ? I have a CA vehicle in Sentri but want to travel nob in my Mexican plated toyota truck...thanks

The computer system allows you to identify vehicles registered in Mexico, so I assume you can.
unomos

[*] posted on 6-30-2016 at 09:03 AM
Waiting 6+ Weeks So Far

I had my SENTRI pass, and removed a vehicle then added a new one that I just bought. I submitted May 16th, and still haven't been approved. I've called multiple times, but they say there is nothing they can do and that the application is "processed in Washington". This is extremely frustrating. Anyone know how I can get my application pushed through faster? What does it take 6 weeks for? Especially since they aren't actually inspecting it until I drive across the first time.

Just thought I would share how long it might take. The lady on the phone even slipped saying "up to 12 weeks currently". I'm guessing whoever does the approvals is on a long vacation.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2016 at 03:15 PM

I submitted a third vehicle application on May 3rd. I spoke to Otay Mesa SENTRI this week, and based on the timing info I was given I suspect it will take another couple of weeks for me.
Bluto

[*] posted on 6-30-2016 at 04:29 PM

I think it's just a roll of the dice when it comes to how long it will take. Hopefully it will not be much longer
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2016 at 05:37 PM

DHS is busy these days, San Bernadino, Orlando, etc. Perhaps employees who process SENTRI passes have been reassigned to more important tasks. 4th of July coming up, keep your fingers crossed all goes well.
paul r
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2016 at 04:30 PM

approved may 3rd, yet no card in the mail yet... no big deal!??!I'll post when it arrives...
paul r
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2016 at 11:09 AM

... had it wrong... no new card, they update new vehicle info on current card,... we used it yesterday, otay, 20 seconds, in line, 1-2 seconds in booth, off to the races!!!...
gschroder

mad.gif posted on 7-30-2016 at 12:51 PM
12 weeks and STILL waiting

I submitted my application for a new vehicle to my Sentri account at the end of April and it is still shows as "pending review." I called the Sentri office in SY earlier this month and they said it was taking longer than usual due to a rash of new Sentri applications and that reapplications for Sentri are taking the longest - up to 6 months from the date of submission. Very frustrating!
gschroder

[*] posted on 7-30-2016 at 08:35 PM
Finally!

Quote: Originally posted by gschroder  
I submitted my application for a new vehicle to my Sentri account at the end of April and it is still shows as "pending review." I called the Sentri office in SY earlier this month and they said it was taking longer than usual due to a rash of new Sentri applications and that reapplications for Sentri are taking the longest - up to 6 months from the date of submission. Very frustrating!

And of course, almost as soon I post this note... I am now as of today approved! I also got the "your Sentri application has been approved" letter so it sounds like starting tomorrow I can start to bring the new car along. But man, 12 weeks?
tecatero
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2016 at 07:16 AM

Has anyone here on Nomad added a mexican plated vehicle to their Sentri ?? I have my CA truck on there but want to cross on my BCS plated truck , I have see vehicles cross in Sentri with Baja plates before ,,,,,,I think.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-31-2016 at 07:36 AM

Yes, there have been lots of people who have added Mexican plated vehicles to Sentri.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2016 at 08:51 PM

My vehicle add was just approved. 3 months to the day.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.