Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Coco road search
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2016 at 08:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Again RTS and Nerdy the real estate lawyers.Give it a rest , baja works little different. Everywhere in baja,when the state.Builds a new fence. They block old existing roads,somehow they get gates. Just a fact of life.What right do you have to call anybody trespasser. You don't own it now do you.

Again, you make no sense. What is different about private property in Baja? Yes...the state can build a fence along the highway and people can build a fence around their property (at least you got that right). I don't have to own the property to know - If you go on someones property uninvited, you are trespassing. What about that do you not understand?
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 3-15-2016 at 08:21 PM

Haters gonna hate
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2016 at 08:25 PM

Hate? I just don't see anything wrong with the highway being separated from private property. a foreigner demanding to cross that property...now that's hate.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-15-2016 at 09:25 PM

Your the foreigner,that is telling people. Who you think,is demanding to cross property. Now that's hate.Again I ask you and Nerdy.What is it your business,since your a foreigner. Its none of your business.Your not the police,your not the land owner.Your not Mexican.Your a bed wetter,along with MT6.In his case,he just needs diaper changing. So your gonna change the world,with your.Thinking your still in the US.Welcome to baja. The three of you,wont change anything with your worthless posts. I do enjoy them,Save the world.Maybe try another country.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 3-15-2016 at 09:29 PM

wow - that went ugly fast. Is hate the new christian mantra? What happened to Jesus with all that peace stuff?

Harald Pietschmann
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2016 at 09:42 PM

I have zero tolerance, for TWs in off road forum.(Time wasters) .After wheeling with you nomads the first time.Seeing how your great people.All get along,then the stupid posts.From non off road people. The three need to put there politics,in that forum.Hope to wheel with you again Harold.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2016 at 10:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
A paved road doesn't magically turn the desert into private property. In fact, the fence blocks any property owners from accessing their land. So, for the respect of land owners and taxpayers alike: Mr. Highway builder, tear down this fence!

So you're against the fence but support building a wall:light:

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-15-2016 at 10:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
A paved road doesn't magically turn the desert into private property. In fact, the fence blocks any property owners from accessing their land. So, for the respect of land owners and taxpayers alike: Mr. Highway builder, tear down this fence!

So you're against the fence but support building a wall:light:

Apples and oranges------------and a red herring to boot-----------yes, "haters just hate", it's in their DNA, I believe.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2016 at 11:03 PM

As some here know (obviously not every one), I do own property in Baja Sur and am a resident of Mexico. What I am amazed at is, how some, not all, would understand why a fence could be built around private property. Its not about Hate...Its about how some seem to believe anything goes in Mexico. Sorry folks, its not a lawless country. Does being on Nomads give someone some secret power or just a blatant ignorance.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-15-2016 at 11:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
As some here know (obviously not every one), I do own property in Baja Sur and am a resident of Mexico. What I am amazed at is, how some, not all, would understand why a fence could be built around private property. Its not about Hate...Its about how some seem to believe anything goes in Mexico. Sorry folks, its not a lawless country. Does being on Nomads give someone some secret power or just a blatant ignorance.

As someone mentioned before, the "fences" along highways are built to prevent large animals from being on the highway-----not to keep vehicles from exiting or entering the highway. Logically, it seems to me that simple gates could be installed in these fences where existing roads are found, and that would solve any of these problems. "Private land" is seldom the issue in my experience, either in Mexico, or the USA in the west.

The "hate" I refer to is the vicious non-sense attacks on people having different opinions--------which accomplishes nothing.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 07:11 AM

This is very true,the fences are to prevent.Live stock from crossing road. Not to stop vehicles. Every time some one shows,a map here.Then the three knuckle heads.Are not posting opinions,there posting. How to be a control freak. As far as RT, I'm a resident too.Also own many property's,and rancho. That does not give me the right to tell someone.How and where I think they should go. Oh yea my rancho,has unlocked gates both ends. Just to inform you,the military.Comes past every rancho here once a year. You lock your gate.They climb over fence, (yes on your property). If they cant locate someone to open locked gate. They drive right over your fence. So to compare,Baja to the U.S , is more of a joke then anything else. This is a off road forum, not your play ground.To state,who can and cannot. You don't like the attacks,Start a new post.Control Freaks. Also yes I do hate control freaks, they will be answered.
spikemd
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 07:46 AM

Back to my original question and pertaining to the topic at hand, which mines are worth exploring in the area around Cocos corner and Punta Final?
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 09:06 AM

Wow. Did not mean to bring Trump's son into the fray with his incomplete sentences and name calling. He does show what is wrong with some off-roaders...He thinks he has the same right to cross property as the military does.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 05:28 PM

Give it up Nerdy,Trump is your buddy not mine.You will get name calling.As long as you post Brainless posts. I never said, I cross same right as Military. Your nobody to post,Where people can go. Unless its your property.Is this your property,where they show on the Map. Are you a Mexican Lawyer.Are you in a foreign country. You three marooons only here to disrupt Off road forum. So that's the name calling you get. Direct all your attention to me,then the rest.Does not need to hear,If you approve. I Also forgot are you the Land police of Mexico,think not.Then shut up.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2018 at 11:53 AM

DavidK wrote:

Paul, I have posted it...

Here you go, where La Turquesa Canyon road meets dirt Hwy. 5 (not necessarily the paved route when it reaches this point): 29�34.36', -114�22.01'[/rquote]
==== ==
For completeness read:
I believe without driving the road to La Turquesa Canyon, this link tells the turn off at/on the new road on the north side of the new bridge.
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=88271
Anyway, hardly any difference from the old coordinates.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2018 at 12:06 PM

Back on the original subject I just drove the road in question going South over the summit past the Pioneer mine thru Calamajue and I will post my tracks later. Rich T. led four other Jeeps for this trip. One more desirable road to check off my list.
To summarize the road (wash) North of the summit is heavily overgrown and the rocks are large requiring careful tire placement. Lockers were not needed, but all of us used 4Lo most of the way. After the summit all the way to El Crucero was easy driving. It was a long day starting in San Felipe later than desired - dark at El Crucero. Very shallow puddles in Calamajue.

[Edited on 2-5-2018 by PaulW]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2018 at 06:42 PM

The last time I was at the Turquesa Mine road jct along Hwy 5 the turn off was at the northwest corner of the bridge. Easy to drive down at the GPS coordinates shown above.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2018 at 10:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Back on the original subject I just drove the road in question going South over the summit past the Pioneer mine thru Calamajue and I will post my tracks later. Rich T. led four other Jeeps for this trip. One more desirable road to check off my list.
To summarize the road (wash) North of the summit is heavily overgrown and the rocks are large requiring careful tire placement. Lockers were not needed, but all of us used 4Lo most of the way. After the summit all the way to El Crucero was easy driving. It was a long day starting in San Felipe later than desired - dark at El Crucero. Very shallow puddles in Calamajue.

[Edited on 2-5-2018 by PaulW]

==== =
Continuing
Trip description for Pioneer Mine Road First day of a 5 day edventure
Day 1 - 1/18/2018
Our leader was Rich T. He had done the trip before and had a correct GPS track. San Felipe to Hwy5K156 to begin the Pioneer Mine road heading South thru Calamajue and El Crucero then to LAB

Started in San Felipe and drove the highway to just south of Gonzaga. Then drove east to the subject road which is a track between Hwy1 and Punta Final via El Crucero / Calamajue. Spent night in a hotel in LAB.
The road on the north side of the mountain was difficult. It was way overgrown with heavy bushes. Did not need lockers but used 4Lo mostly and 15 psi for my rig. Huge rocks to drive over. Everybody made it thru ok. Rigs were my Unlimited TJ with 35” tires. Rich’s CJ rock crawler with 39” tires and stretched wheel base. Two late model JK 4 door rigs, one with 33” and the other with 37”. One TJ with 33” tires. These guys are very experience their rock crawling days (In other rigs). Lots of new scratches on all rigs. I searched many sources and could not find a decent depiction to the road we took. We now have it with my tracks on GE as well as GPS tracks
Details: Leave Hwy5 at ~K156 and head east along good roads to the start of the trail. Arrive at El Crucero at Hwy 1 at K261 after dark.
Here are my collection of maps for the day:

Google Earth image

From my Inreach with 10 minute data points

Attached is a GPS file. Load it into Google Earth for details or desired closeup.

Attachment: Trail 2 Revised Day 1 H5-Lab Rd.usr (80kB)
This file has been downloaded 281 times
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-6-2018 at 10:54 AM

Beautiful! Do you have photos of the Pioneer Mine or other sites, please?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 7-15-2018 at 10:01 PM

Reviewing for IMPOSSIBLE 2019 run

Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.