BEAUTIFUL RANCHO PACKARD HOUSE FOR SALE

Nice place....fer sure.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 01:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Nice place....fer sure.

I agree grudgingly b/c it is Dennis who said it first. But I agree:::: One of the best places I have seen for sale in Baja.
Congrats to the owners!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 03:03 PM

Wow! Nice house!

I've often thought Punta Banda is like Point Loma in San Diego but with a lot less people.

Perfect year round climate.

If anybody is thinking "maybe" and is not familiar with Punta Banda, check it out.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 04:09 PM

Nice place....

How stable are those hillsides?

http://www.witpress.com/Secure/elibrary/papers/9781845646509/9781845646509011FU1.pdf

Don't believe everything you think....
osterhusm

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 04:56 PM

We have had the property since 1990 and the house was built in 2002. The hillsides are stable. See the virtual tour at:
www.bajaoceanviewdreamhome.com
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 05:04 PM

Awesome place. Can't imagine it being on the market for long.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 05:09 PM

Is the current land lease transferable and if so, how many years remain on the lease.

Thank you --- BEAUTIFUL PLACE

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 08:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Nice place....

How stable are those hillsides?

Very. They've been here for over a hundred years.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 08:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by osterhusm  
The Esparza family has promised that the new buyer will have a new lease that is the same as the existing one. The lease payment is $125 per month. Feel free to call us for details at: (619) 249-1286.

Meaningless.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 08:52 PM

The income bracket in Point Loma is in the upper echelon of retirees. Point Loma residents that own their home also own their land. Punta Banda is very nice but comparing it to Point Loma is stretching it considerably. Also the Punta Banda Yacht Club cannot compare to Point Loma Sportfishing!! I am certainly not in the social circles of Point Loma that is for sure, neither the financial ones.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-18-2016 at 06:20 AM

... Money transactions are conducted through U.S. banks with contracts subject to U.S. laws, which are generally certified by a notary.

what if you are from Italy or france or Canada and not the USA

I think transactions are due in Mexico and taxes too

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2016 at 07:21 AM

Technically, the lessor, the landlord, owns everything attached to his property. I don't say this only to be argumentative. I also live, with a sizable investment, on leased land, and accepted this fact from the git-go.
Anyway...wadda ya gonna do if the lease isn't renewed? Pick up your home and head down the road?
Leases, if in fact they are real, legal, and binding can be written for no longer than ten years minus one day. Any "promises" to give extensions, the ol' 10 plus 10 plus whatever, are unenforceable in court. Absolute nonsense
I only wish sellers would get their facts straight before offering them to the market.
On the other hand..."caveat emptor" and due diligence are on the buyer.

[Edited on 3-18-2016 by DENNIS]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-18-2016 at 07:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Wow! Nice house!

I've often thought Punta Banda is like Point Loma in San Diego but with a lot less people.

If anybody is thinking "maybe" and is not familiar with Punta Banda, check it out.

Punta Banda is nothing like pt Loma. Perhaps a superficial resemblance in they are both geographic largish hilly points. That's like saying lake Washington and Arctic Ocean are the same because they are both water.

Re real estate. Put Loma has safe title, Mexico does not, so any purchase should be looked at as potentially lost money
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 3-18-2016 at 09:01 AM

My daughter will be 18 in a year and a half and has dual citizenship. Would this help with buying land on the ocean area?
Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Technically, the lessor, the landlord, owns everything attached to his property. I don't say this only to be argumentative. I also live, with a sizable investment, on leased land, and accepted this fact from the git-go.
Anyway...wadda ya gonna do if the lease isn't renewed? Pick up your home and head down the road?
Leases, if in fact they are real, legal, and binding can be written for no longer than ten years minus one day. Any "promises" to give extensions, the ol' 10 plus 10 plus whatever, are unenforceable in court. Absolute nonsense
I only wish sellers would get their facts straight before offering them to the market.
On the other hand..."caveat emptor" and due diligence are on the buyer.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 3-18-2016 at 09:04 AM

Not to belabor a point but Point Loma has its own culture and relatively "old" San Diego money. Depending what you are looking for. Punta Banda has it's own clique but many renegades that are their own person.You will fit into Punta Banda no matter what type of person you are, unless of course you aren't accepting of the Mexican culture and lifestyle.
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Wow! Nice house!

Punta Banda is nothing like pt Loma. Perhaps a superficial resemblance in they are both geographic largish hilly points. That's like saying lake Washington and Arctic Ocean are the same because they are both water.

Re real estate. Put Loma has safe title, Mexico does not, so any purchase should be looked at as potentially lost money
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2016 at 11:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by EnsenadaDr  
My daughter will be 18 in a year and a half and has dual citizenship. Would this help with buying land on the ocean area

The property in question isn't for sale.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2016 at 11:18 AM

All lease hold improvements (house and any structures) are owned by the lessee. The land is leased from the property owner who pays any appropriate taxes, while the lessee pays only the lease payments agreed to in the land lease contract. Transfer of ownership of lease hold improvements is conducted entirely between buyer and seller, with separate negotiations regarding a land lease done solely with the property owner. Money transactions are conducted through U.S. banks with contracts subject to U.S. laws, which are generally certified by a notary.

Could anyone who has invested so much time and money on a house in Mexico, truly be this misinformed?
I'm not sure where I would begin...so I won't.
Good luck with your sale.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-18-2016 at 11:45 AM

Clearly they could, Dennis.....and a lot are....

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2016 at 01:51 PM

Yeah...I suppose you're right, Chuckie. Sad....ain't it.

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 3-18-2016 at 02:00 PM

On the other hand, not all property owners are bandits.
So it helps to know the folks you're dealing with. Not the realtor.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.