BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Photos of Semana Santa at Bahia Concepcion??
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-22-2016 at 06:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
I have a half-dozen or so from just a few years' back, will post later and soon. Was just thinking, a full page and not one OP's request. Gotta do the 'photobucket-gig'........ pictures forthcoming.

Principle of the whole thing is, IT'S STILL BAJA SUR, MEXICO. IT'S THEIR (not my) COUNTRY. They can do whatever they want, when they want, as they want. As to the trash, they don't have landfills and collection services as we in El Norte consider appropriate. If you don't like it, or are offended, please..... stay the hell home.

You think the majority of Mexicans like the way their country is? I don't.

They are mostly resigned to it. They'd love to change it, if they could.

Why do you think so many have risked life and limb in an illegal crossing into the US?

Because they DON'T want to "stay the hell home". :rolleyes:

BTW, we have collection services and landfills in Sonora. What's up with BCS?
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2016 at 07:22 PM

There are trash cans at the playas on Conception and the holiday people mostly use them. I have seen less of a problem down there the last few years.

It just such a contrast with the usual scene. The beach population jumps so much. I have more of a problem with noise. If I could bring down a curse on boom boxes and car audio I would. I think they have perfected noise.

I was hanging around in town today and the tourists from Ensenada and parts North are looking more and more like gringo tourists. Same cars and clothes and haircuts. The stores are doing great volume. When this all folds and the flood starts North next weekend, then is good time to not be on the road. Tired, sunburned, running late and the kids and wife bugging you about when it will all be over. No different than stateside but with a relatively small road.

The Red Cross people were out with their donation cans today and I cleaned out my pocket change. They might be busy soon.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-23-2016 at 04:33 AM

As requested by OP to begin with from 2011:

Santispac

Coyote

Requeson

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

amigobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2016 at 09:04 AM
trash

Sometime it takes small steps to make changes. Yesterday I was kayaking at the mouth of the river. I went close to the southside beach and there was our locale Pangaro guide Alex and his small son cleaning the garbage off the beach. I was so impressed I thanked Alex for not just the clean up but setting a life time example for his son.
I have only fished with Alex once about ten years ago but I do recommend him and others to people looking to go fishing. After yesterday I will start only recommending Alex so in a small way he gets rewarded for his efforts. If you have someone looking to fish Mulege waters please consider Alex first.
Genecag
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2016 at 09:51 AM

Generalizations typically start with some true observations but also portrays a myth longer than it should.....

I agree that some 1st generation immigrants from less economically developed countries have less priority in environmental concerns to start but with steps of good example and rising economics We learn for the better. We all start with food, water, shelter and then develop altruistic endeavors.....

As a 1st generation immigrant myself, I am guilty. Now, as I have learned and seen good example, I have worked to make up for my past mistakes.

We Boy Scouts have a good motto: leave it better than you found it.

Bless all the Americas!

Make it a Great Day!!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-23-2016 at 09:54 AM

buddha, thanks for the photos, wish I was there........next week.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2016 at 02:32 PM

I have a half-dozen or so from just a few years' back, will post later and soon. Was just thinking, a full page and not one OP's request. Gotta do the 'photobucket-gig'........ pictures forthcoming.

Principle of the whole thing is, IT'S STILL BAJA SUR, MEXICO. IT'S THEIR (not my) COUNTRY. They can do whatever they want, when they want, as they want. As to the trash, they don't have landfills and collection services as we in El Norte consider appropriate. If you don't like it, or are offended, please..... stay the hell home.

Never heard such BS before! The Mexicans CAN NOT do w/ their country whatever they want. And many Mexicans care about their country. Just reading this thread, shows it clearly. Not all Mexicans are low class!!! > Every flock has a black sheep, do you know that Buddha?
1. There are landfills in existence and trash cans on most beaches. Matter of education to use ´em.
2. I do not need anybody in this board to tell me not to criticize malpractice (littering) or leaving trash behind.
3. Staying away and closing the eyes is not the right suggestion at all.
4. One can love Mexico, see the disadvantages, still coming back again but still criticizing those things which are in need of criticism.
5. Sticking the head into the dust, pretending not to care about malpractice is just not the way the world it ticking these days.

Example: If you don`t like Donald Trump, don`t come back into the U.S. after spending Semana Santa in Baja????????
(Don`t shoot at me > I know it`s BS, like the comment quoted)

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-23-2016 at 03:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
buddha, thanks for the photos, wish I was there........next week.
I assume you meant that you wish you were there back in 2011 and NOT next week?

Bob Durrell
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2016 at 03:36 PM

JC, the biggest source of stinky garbage in Baja is you.

My point of no landfills is that in the Concepcion Beach area the 'landfills' are all just a half-mile from the beaches up a side canyon and the trash is just re-dumped to blow wherever the winds take it. It takes fuel to transport it, and the beach cleaners don't have very much of that. I've beach-camped my whole tenure in Baja for 20 years, so don't 'lecture' me on BS with your BS. I recycled as much of my trash as I could to help out my Señora beach tender. Head in the sand? Hardly; but i'm not going to spend all my time cleaning up an un-fixable problem. I have noticed over the last 10 years the populace has done more to police their own areas, and it's a heckuva lot cleaner than it used to be in some areas, so why don't you rail and rant about North Loreto instead of fuming about Mulegé every chance you get? Complain all you want to about it: but how about YOU picking up a big black bag and start DOING instead of biatching (what you're best at). :P

86 - 45*

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2016 at 06:58 PM

My point of no landfills is that in the Concepcion Beach area the 'landfills' are all just a half-mile from the beaches up a side canyon and the trash is just re-dumped to blow wherever the winds take it. It takes fuel to transport it, and the beach cleaners don't have very much of that. I've beach-camped my whole tenure in Baja for 20 years, so don't 'lecture' me on BS with your BS. I recycled as much of my trash as I could to help out my Señora beach tender. Head in the sand? Hardly; but i'm not going to spend all my time cleaning up an un-fixable problem. I have noticed over the last 10 years the populace has done more to police their own areas, and it's a heckuva lot cleaner than it used to be in some areas, so why don't you rail and rant about North Loreto instead of fuming about Mulegé every chance you get? Complain all you want to about it: but how about YOU picking up a big black bag and start DOING instead of biatching (what you're best at). :P

First and foremost: Thanks for the personal attack.
That is your spirit but not the spirit of BajaNomad!

Secondly, read the whole thread again.... slowly... maybe you might catch the point :light:: This thread is NOT about Mulege, but about beaches along the Bay of Constitucion in the first place. Then beaches around the world. And: I am not `fuming´about Mulege but posting facts about beaches in general > like other Nomads did without personal attacks on each other. I.E. China or the Netherlands.
BTW, I am not fuming about Mulege - I love Mulege as I lived there for many years - but criticizing dishonest people trying to pull others over the table. A practice which you are supporting.

In general Buddy, there are educated people, highly educated ones. Those people are moving things. (Like teaching others not to litter) They are ruling the world btw. Then there are people less educated or non educated.
Those do not even understand what`s written in a forum.
?? Do You Know What I Mean??

I for my part just need to read your mood::: Always cranky unless medicated. Did you miss your medicine:fire::fire::fire: today

[Edited on 3-24-2016 by JC43]
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2016 at 07:23 PM

Wow..... with those flames, who needs the meds more?

??? Do You Know What I Mean??? (The caps were very impressive btw) :smug:

86 - 45*

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2016 at 10:39 PM

As you outed yourself again w/ a personal attack>>> no further comment from my side.
Back to the threat: Semana Santa is in full swing. I heard that all beaches South of Mulege are already crowded. Mostly with folks from Baja Norte. Oh! Why that? In Baja Norte they have trash cans on the beaches, as we heard. Not so in Baja Sur??? What a crap! Of course we have trash cans. And most visitors are using them. Just some folks who maybe never stood in Baja Sur don`t know that. Down here in Los Cabos on the beaches in town officially it is not allowed to camp. (But it is tolerated mostly) Only on beaches way out of town there are a lot of campers and visitors during Semana Santa. But the beaches are mostly left -more or less- clean after Semana Santa.
Baja Sur is by far not what a certain guy is trying to make of it.
Well,,,,,,,, the medication........
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2016 at 10:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  

As you outed yourself again w/ a personal attack>>> no further comment from my side.
Back to the threat: Semana Santa is in full swing. I heard that all beaches South of Mulege are already crowded. Mostly with folks from Baja Norte. Oh! Why that? In Baja Norte they have trash cans on the beaches, as we heard. Not so in Baja Sur??? What a crap! Of course we have trash cans. And most visitors are using them. Just some folks who maybe never stood in Baja Sur don`t know that. Down here in Los Cabos on the beaches in town officially it is not allowed to camp. (But it is tolerated mostly) Only on beaches way out of town there are a lot of campers and visitors during Semana Santa. But the beaches are mostly left -more or less- clean after Semana Santa.
Baja Sur is by far not what a certain guy is trying to make of it.
Well,,,,,,,, the medication........

As usual, more full of stuffing than a Xmas turkey (or just a turkey in general, no personal attacks intended on Santa Claus). My first Semana Santa 1996 was sharing my camp, my camping gear, my toys, my food with an extended family who camped with us from Bahia Tortuga, which by the way is in BAJA SUR, and came over to Concepcion for their one and only vacation. All cooperativo langosta divers. I spoke bastante Español so was the defacto interprador for la playa, and had a ball with todos personas. I still have a wind breaker given to me from the Dueño of the familia with his embroidered name on the front; it was their Año 25 aniverisdad of their cooperativo an honor to receive as a gift for amistad. It was my first and last camping on the beach during Semana Santa, mainly for the total disregard for any and everyone else but ME from the campers... from boom boxes to garbage to ATV's racing through at high speeds with little children in the middle of the dirt roads... been there, done that. My last move in '11 to a new locale was because of Semana Santa.

I'm not an arm-chair commando, nor am trying to make a buck off people in Baja, like some on here (hint) with a grudge (hint) on those who do (hint).

As I said before, I exclusively LIVED on the beach for almost 20 winters. Stay in South Cape in your condo, JC. Cada loco con su tema.

86 - 45*

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-24-2016 at 01:49 PM

today is thurs...the biggest day on the beach...here is santispac

really not too many people

the hotels in town are full
the eating places busy
the stores busy

travel trailers and camping isn't as fun as it sounds
no hot showers
no internet

the world is changing

3-24-16santispac.jpg - 83kB

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-24-2016 at 03:09 PM

That does appear to be a smaller crowd than I remember from the past few years....Economy?

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-24-2016 at 03:50 PM

It's only Thursday. TONS of people will arrive this afternoon/ evening if it goes like our town. Many people still have to work on Thursday, but not Good Friday.

And people will still come Friday AM for two nights. It wouldnt surprise me to see that photo with three times that many people by Sunday AM.

Our town appears to be experiencing the biggest influx since the high-water mark of 2011.

[Edited on 3-24-2016 by Hook]
cocomo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2016 at 04:18 PM

Hey Alm,
I take offense to your hasty generalization about Asians. I am Asian and I'm first generation. I was raised with a lot of pride and respect. There's a lot of duty, work ethic and responsibility in my culture.Just remember, there are buttcracks in every culture. Just as there are ignorant F*cks in every culture. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2016 at 08:46 AM

Things are hopping in Mulege, almost every hotel and motel is full, along with a couple of tour busses. We play at Serenidad Saturday night at the hotel and then Sunday at Santispac Beach at Armando's Restaurant. We are expecting full crowds both nights and a big turnout. Should be a lot of fun and we are going to drive home very slowly both nights.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2016 at 11:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  

First and foremost: Thanks for the personal attack.
That is your spirit but not the spirit of BajaNomad!

Secondly, read the whole thread again.... slowly... maybe you might catch the point :light:: This thread is NOT about Mulege, but about beaches along the Bay of Constitucion in the first place. Then beaches around the world. And: I am not `fuming´about Mulege but posting facts about beaches in general > like other Nomads did without personal attacks on each other. I.E. China or the Netherlands.
BTW, I am not fuming about Mulege - I love Mulege as I lived there for many years - but criticizing dishonest people trying to pull others over the table. A practice which you are supporting.

In general Buddy, there are educated people, highly educated ones. Those people are moving things. (Like teaching others not to litter) They are ruling the world btw. Then there are people less educated or non educated.
Those do not even understand what`s written in a forum.
?? Do You Know What I Mean??

I for my part just need to read your mood::: Always cranky unless medicated. Did you miss your medicine:fire::fire::fire: today

[Edited on 3-24-2016 by JC43]

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2016 at 11:32 PM

omg I forgot how to use this site
they are not expecting large crowds for this Semana Santa
Alot of the folks are staying North and maybe traveling as far as
San Felipe..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.