BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Comondu Property Article?
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2016 at 12:48 PM
Comondu Property Article?

Can't find recent article advertising property in Comondu. Help, por favor. Search was of no help. Tio ;D
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-21-2016 at 05:40 PM

Tomas,
Maybe try it misspelled (Commundu, Comundu, etc.)?
I tried one way, but don't know the approx time of that post or forum it was in... Any info that you can add, and I will look more, if you can't locate it.

One reason I think learning the right way to spell Baja place names is a good Nomad activity!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2016 at 07:10 PM

I think Discover Baja had a property listed for sale in the Comondu in the last few months.
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2016 at 01:37 AM

I was there two weeks ago and you could have fired a cannon down the main street without startling anyone. I think pretty much everything has been for sale in there for the last fifty years. Certainly since Rt. 1 went down the East side.

Nice folks though. I bought a stone head carving of Padre Salvatierra from Adam Gomez and it's in my garden amazing the lizards.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-22-2016 at 07:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gulliver  
I was there two weeks ago and you could have fired a cannon down the main street without startling anyone. I think pretty much everything has been for sale in there for the last fifty years. Certainly since Rt. 1 went down the East side.

Nice folks though. I bought a stone head carving of Padre Salvatierra from Adam Gomez and it's in my garden amazing the lizards.

Can you post a photo of it please?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2016 at 08:00 AM

Later today when the light is better I'll give it a try. I'm the worlds worst photographer. I have the reverse of the "Photographer's Eye". Always a tree growing out of someone's ear.

You understand that this is not some historic carving (wait a hundred years I suppose). Just an old guy with a drinking problem doing miles better work than I could ever attempt.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 3-22-2016 at 09:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gulliver  

I'm assuming you rode there. How is the road and did you go all the way through from San Isidro to the San Javier road? It looks like the old KLR and I will be back in Mulege in about 3 weeks. Enjoyed meeting you on my brief visit to Mulege last month and will check in with you on the next trip. If there are any moto items you or Al need that will fit in my luggage just let me know. You had mentioned tire irons that needed to get to you.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2016 at 11:26 AM

Tried various misspellings but no luck. I believe it was a recent post like within the last 7-10 days. Mentioned a small hotel, too. I will look in Discover Baja. Thanks, todos. Tomas
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2016 at 12:20 PM

I rode the bike there. All as usual from El Rosarito (Rt.1) to Isidro. Bumpy old dirt and rock road getting plenty of use. I would find an 'adventure bike' to be a lot of work but a KLR won't be an issue of you let down your tires and use some good sense (not me!)

The rest of the way from Isidro to Comundu isn't that bad except for couple of washed out spots where I actually had to creep for a few feet in low gear, even slipped my clutch a bit and (gasp!) put my foot down a few times. The shame! The shame!)

The last mile down into Comundu from the cemetery is a mess of dusty hog wallows. Doable going back up but tedious. My partner going down a couple of weeks ago said that anyone headed up to the cemetery to stay would most likely be restored to life by the climb.

Get your self down here soon. I bug out for the San Juan Islands at the end of April.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 3-22-2016 at 01:12 PM

Thanks, did you go on to the San Javier road? That's really the part I like best. Might ride into Comondu from the south if the road is ok and then out by the paved road west.

Tio, sorry about the hijack.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-22-2016 at 03:43 PM

The new little hotel in Comondu (built in past three years) may be owned/operated by someone in Loreto....maybe the same person running the rental casita in San Javier...I saw a window poster to that effect in a storefront just west of the church in Loreto last year....

A lazy detective could track that down easily, I would think.

Don't believe everything you think....
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2016 at 04:12 PM

The road South of Comundu to San Javier is fairly wiped out. I explored in from the South a couple of years ago but I was riding solo and it was starting to feel like a good way to end up under the bike. At 73, I can smell rubbing liniment and bandages from far away.

Going Southbound might be easier but it's too far for a day trip from Mulege so it will have to wait for a group ride with a layover/camping stop.

The hotel in San Miguel Comundu looked alive two weeks ago. No restaurants in either Comundu. Maybe a home owner might produce but a month or so ago she said that the tinenda in town was empty so no comida for wanderers.

Great cheeseburgers in Isidro though.

[Edited on 3-22-2016 by Gulliver]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.