Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: lots for sale south of Bahia de los Angeles
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-25-2016 at 08:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by cristian75a  
I don't enjoy 50 degree water, fishing is one of the best in Bahia , if not the best in all of baja. I enjoy scuba, and snorkeling , being a beach bum. Pacific is not my thing or anyone I have met once they know the sea of cortez.

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
good luck. But your insult to us blue/green pacific guys turned me off.

Tell me how wonderful it is in June, July and August.

I'm not concerned about you Pacific guys, unfortunately you guys are stuck with the purchase/lease.
I think it should be a rule to see both sides before buying.

you forgot the other months that are wonderful too

Stuck with our purchase. No more stuck than any one else with a purchase...unless of course you now have a lifetime buy back guarantee as well....:lol: 12 months of good weather and good fishing suits me just fine. People from your area come over to the Pacific coast to survive. Insults don't help you sell whats so ever....But I am happy where I am at any way.

The SOC side is hellish inferno 5 months of the year! I like living and playing where AC is not required. SOC side ok to visit, wouldn't want to live there.

Re that lot, it's a pretty beach, but won't be after the road comes and people build every square inch, cramming in houses along the shore to their little boxes on their little lots.
Once houses come, las animas won't be able to continue the Eco tour vibe, and they'll have to build a hotel, there will be power lines, there will be annoying people on quads and jet skis, and crime and meth heads will come too -- Good bye solitude, hello san Felipe.

Anywho, the best thing to save that pretty beach is for the road to never come. :light::light:

[Edited on 3-26-2016 by mtgoat666]
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 3-25-2016 at 08:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Anywho, the best thing to save that pretty beach is for the road to never come. :light::light:

could not agree more

I am an old school environmentalist - the one who built last year.

Harald Pietschmann
cristian75a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2016 at 09:59 PM

beach-front here with an ocean breeze is really nice even in the summer. just need shade.
Even when and if the road comes it will be very limited on the construction and permits. This is a very protected area, very limited. but i do have TOURIST USE TITLE, most and the rare who do have have title it is RUSTIC USE. No big hotels allowed.
for example, in town there is a housing development in the works, about 200 lots. at $50 dollars a square meter, not beach front. They cannot get the permits to develop, and many doubt they will even though they are backed with a lot of $$. They wont give them 3 permits to do, one being an environmental impact study, another is water. They will have to have a desalination plant, is my guess.
I do get people for and against the road, of course the little lodge is going to hate it, but hey, my lots are for sale.

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
I don't enjoy 50 degree water, fishing is one of the best in Bahia , if not the best in all of baja. I enjoy scuba, and snorkeling , being a beach bum. Pacific is not my thing or anyone I have met once they know the sea of cortez.

I'm not concerned about you Pacific guys, unfortunately you guys are stuck with the purchase/lease.

Stuck with our purchase. No more stuck than any one else with a purchase...unless of course you now have a lifetime buy back guarantee as well....:lol: 12 months of good weather and good fishing suits me just fine. People from your area come over to the Pacific coast to survive. Insults don't help you sell whats so ever....But I am happy where I am at any way.

The SOC side is hellish inferno 5 months of the year! I like living and playing where AC is not required. SOC side ok to visit, wouldn't want to live there.

Re that lot, it's a pretty beach, but won't be after the road comes and people build every square inch, cramming in houses along the shore to their little boxes on their little lots.
Once houses come, las animas won't be able to continue the Eco tour vibe, and they'll have to build a hotel, there will be power lines, there will be annoying people on quads and jet skis, and crime and meth heads will come too -- Good bye solitude, hello san Felipe.

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 3-25-2016 at 11:40 PM

SOC or Pacific side, which has been scientifically proven to be better? I'm pretty sure it depends on your tastes.

I personally prefer the SOC side 9 months out of the year, and the Pacific side the rest. But, there are many months that are really good on the Pacific side, where it's a close call. SOC can be unbearably hot in July, August and September, but that's what AC, outdoor showers and the sea is for.

The lots look beautiful. I hope it becomes a great deal for someone. Good luck to the seller.

As for development, I think it will take many, many years before it becomes a real concern. Look at the rest of Baja. There are so many open spaces.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 07:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
mericans are notorably bad with any Spanish name or title. What you all call fedeicomiso here is is in reality: Escritura de fideicomiso
http://www.investorguide.com/definicion/escritura-de-fideico...

Trust deed

It involves a borrower commending a title to a Lender. If the borrower does not repay the loan, the lender can sell the public title. Relationship in which a real estate trust gives the Trustee authority to Mortgaging, fractionate or sell real estate. How you use these powers the trustee will depend on the Beneficiary stipulated the trust. A deed of trust is also a term loan which states that if a borrower defaults, the lender can make foreclose on the property.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 08:26 AM

50 degree water....I hope your ignorance of the water temps in the pacific area of Baja Sur does not extend to your knowledge of land use in Baja Sur. Buyer beware. Yes snorkeling is good on the gulf side. no waves.
http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=mg

[

[Edited on 3-26-2016 by rts551]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 08:38 AM

Who goes south to get cold?
Heat is the attraction... warm water in the sea and warm to hot days to relax and have some tasty, cold Pacifico, XX, Tecate, whatever!

Late May to Late October is our favorite months for the Sea of Cortez side of Baja... Yes the HOT zone! Cold is painful, restrictive, not fun. Heck, surfers in the Pacific wear wetsuits, don't they? Well, no wetsuit is needed in the Gulf of California in the summer! Our best Baja vacations were in July... the beaches between San Felipe and Cabo San Lucas!

Sure, if the humidity is high with the heat (usually late July to early September) sleeping is not as comfortable, but that is all... Just jump into the sea and the humidity is erased! June, early July, and October are great. Just watch out for the occasional hurricane.

So, we all have different likes, and Baja is a land of different conditions. To cry about it being "hellish inferno" is quite an indicator that maybe Baja is not your best choice for a summer vacation. There are plenty of other places that may suit you better, Siberia perhaps?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

cristian75a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 09:17 AM

land use?

50 degree water....I hope your ignorance of the water temps in the pacific area of Baja Sur does not extend to your knowledge of land use in Baja Sur. Buyer beware. Yes snorkeling is good on the gulf side. no waves.
http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=mg

[

[Edited on 3-26-2016 by rts551]
cristian75a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 09:22 AM

u2u

most people, even here lease the land and build homes or put a trailer on it. a lease in mexico is only good for 9.9 years.
you would actually own the land since I have escritura ready for you. Escritura is Land Title.
Most don't have this , they will give you a contract of sale only. you would actually own it through a bank trust aka fidiecomisio, a bank holds the title in your name. this is done for non mexican citizens. but your name will still appear at the public registry in Ensenada, the municipal county. you will be owner 100%. just pay the sales tax at end of year.
I have a few questions:

1. What is an escritura? If it is a contract to sell as you state, what are the conditions that must be met in order for you transfer title?

2. When you say, "no one has a legal subdivision in the area", what does that mean? It must be subdivided to a certain extent or how did you and your neighbors get ownership? Do you actually own the land and pay the taxes on it?

I am more than willing to get answers to these questions via U2U if you don't want them to be public.

Thanks

[/rquote]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 09:29 AM

u2u is the Private Message system here on Nomad. To communicate with others in private.

The U2U button is along the bottom of a post or reply, click on it and send a message to that Nomad.

When you get a U2U, an alert will be in blue up at the top, right corner of your Nomad pages... Just click on it.

As with using Quote, make sure you are not adding text in the middle of another's text... go beyond the final tag... or as you have done, above the first one.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 09:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Heat is the attraction...

Disagree. I dont go in summer. I like to hike and bike, and those activities are more enjoyable in moderate temperatures. Also, when camping i much prefer cool evenings. Summer desert heat sucks.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 09:49 AM

Even better, go to Anza-Borrego instead and use less gasoline to get to the trails! Save the Planet!! Save Baja!!!

:light::biggrin:

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 10:11 AM

Heat is the attraction... warm water in the sea and warm to hot days to relax and have some tasty, cold Pacifico, XX, Tecate, whatever!

Late May to Late October is our favorite months for the Sea of Cortez side of Baja... Yes the HOT zone! Cold is painful, restrictive, not fun. Heck, surfers in the Pacific wear wetsuits, don't they? Well, no wetsuit is needed in the Gulf of California in the summer! Our best Baja vacations were in July... the beaches between San Felipe and Cabo San Lucas!

Sure, if the humidity is high with the heat (usually late July to early September) sleeping is not as comfortable, but that is all... Just jump into the sea and the humidity is erased! June, early July, and October are great. Just watch out for the occasional hurricane.

So, we all have different likes, and Baja is a land of different conditions. To cry about it being "hellish inferno" is quite an indicator that maybe Baja is not your best choice for a summer vacation. There are plenty of other places that may suit you better, Siberia perhaps?

David, Many of us like both sides. The Pacific area South of Asuncion seldom gets cold. Sometimes wetsuits are required, sometimes not. Water temps this summer were 86 degrees. Way better than the hot temps on the gulf. A little uncomfortable sleeping? This is why we have people coming to Campo Rene for the summer. I like visiting the gulf side in the winter and spring. wonderful vacations in La Paz or Bahia de Los Angeles. Variety in Baja is pretty nice.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 10:17 AM

Yes Ralph, the cold side of Baja folks have chimed in... I was just voicing the less heard minority voice that better supports the new Nomad here who actually created this thread.

It is so odd that in a classified ads forum, people who have no interest in buying his land still must tarnish his offer by saying it is too hot there, for them??? Well, it's not "too hot" for a lot of people... just saying.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 10:20 AM

David, Many of us like both sides. The Pacific area South of Asuncion seldom gets cold. Sometimes wetsuits are required, sometimes not. Water temps this summer were 86 degrees. Way better than the hot temps on the gulf. A little uncomfortable sleeping? This is why we have people coming to Campo Rene for the summer. I like visiting the gulf side in the winter and spring. wonderful vacations in La Paz or Bahia de Los Angeles. Variety in Baja is pretty nice.

86 degrees! wow I had no idea the water got that warm! far as left coast vs right coast......tecate vs pacifico, all personal preference I suppose :yes:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 11:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

86 degrees! wow I had no idea the water got that warm! far as left coast vs right coast......tecate vs pacifico, all personal preference I suppose :yes:

Lots of Wahoo, tuna etc last year. El Nino brought extremely warm water in. It is not abnormal to have 80 degree water though. Currents from the south push the warm water North.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.