Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Coco speak English?
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 3-27-2016 at 01:42 PM

Hey Phil, do you have a cold beer for me?

Harald Pietschmann
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 3-28-2016 at 07:43 PM

4x4. I do understand English. BUT. What you just said is sort of foreign to me. I can see you speak English. But how could I get you a cold beer right now up here in the states? Stop by my place in Oregon some time in the summer, and there is always something there. Usually my son's micro brewery called Two Shy Brewing. It's Influence IPA just recently got written up in a trade journal saying, "rated in the top 10 Oregon brews. And they are just 4 years old.
To the others who have responded with "readable" sentences. I thank you for your responses. We will definitely stop by next time.
Regarding the comment regarding the Yukon. It's one hell of a safe car to be in in event of an accident. And the quietest car I've ever owned. I love my wife so much, I spend extra to keep her safe, because I can.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 08:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Coco loves for people to stop and visit. If you would like to take him something, he loves chocolate chip cookies. You could also give him a 12 pack of coke or 7 up or a case of bottled water. I'm not sure but he probably resells them to people stopping by. I usually take him a bag of rice and pinto beans. Another one of his favorites is tomatoes. Chicken soup and menudo too. Most any can food he'll gladly accept.

He sells Pacifico beer, a little pricey but if you take him something he may give it to you.

He also sells T shirts with Cocos Corner on them.

ANY updates on what Coco would like or need since this post by TW? At one time it was reported he appreciated Neosporin, cat food, and fresh fruit.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 08:43 AM

If you would like to take him something, he loves chocolate chip cookies. You could also give him a 12 pack of coke.....

Didn't he lose his legs to diabetes? Do him a favor and leave the packaged sugar snacks and flavored sugar water in your car.

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by SFandH]
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 09:18 AM

He loves pepino and its a healthy snack.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 09:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

If you would like to take him something, he loves chocolate chip cookies. You could also give him a 12 pack of coke.....

Didn't he lose his legs to diabetes? Do him a favor and leave the packaged sugar snacks and flavored sugar water in your car.

No he did not lose his legs to diabetes. He lost one leg in an accident in Ensenada. He was unloading some large pipes and they fell on his leg. His second leg loss was due to poor circulation maybe caused by the accident.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 10:08 AM

OK, I was mistaken. Thought I read that on nomad. Still, taking him some nutritious food might be a good idea but probably cookies and coke would be appreciated.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 10:45 AM

That story gets told differently every few years. Who knows for sure? The auto accident seems to be the newer version (perhaps after someone told him, "no more cookies for you!")?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
That story gets told differently every few years. Who knows for sure?

absolutely, depends which day you catch him on. we stopped listening looong ago, thats just coco!:yes:
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 12:11 PM

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by pacificobob]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 12:52 PM

we have never met him. one of these days we shall have to stop by!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 12:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

Be careful. He has been known to ask for panties and bra.
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 02:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

He's even been known to get them.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 02:28 PM

Hmmmmm....I would offer a few pesos to know what Coco was thinking in that photo....

Wait....I think I figured it out :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 03:20 PM

I know for a fact it was a land mine in Nam. He was a special-ops favorite choice and saved a hundred million GI's in a POW raid that cost him his pins.
Yankee Doodle Sgt. Coco.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 04:06 PM

I too have a Yukon XL Denali and love it for the drive up and back. Lots of room for people and/or stuff. Comfortable and competent. I average 18mpg on the trip and with 405hp it makes passing those trucks a snap.[/rquote]

Everone, including the Pope, lies about their gas mileage.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 04:15 PM

His name is Henry (or Enrique?) Corrales:

http://www.thecbcfs.org/AboutCoco

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 04:24 PM

Interesting article, but there are some factual errors...

Also, Dave & Juanita (Rancho Cielito Lindo) once employed Coco, and when they fired him, he moved from San Quintin.

His 'corner' did not exist until that road between Chapala and Puerto Calamajué was built and about 3-4 years later when the road from Puertecitos to Gonzaga was extended south and created the actual corner, about 1987. The older roads were east and west of that new corner.

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 9-3-2016 at 09:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

..needs to refurbish his dream catcher:

Bob Durrell
wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 9-4-2016 at 09:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by Phil S  
Driven past Coco's enough now to ask. Does he speak English?
Reason I have driven past is I don't comprehend espanol. Mia espanol is mucho malo. I've been afraid to ask. I just figured, what with seems "everyone" stops by & visits, are those who speak Spanish fluently, or are of Spanish heritage and it just flows naturally for them. Be going down next October, and would enjoy knowing if he does or doesn't speak English. Thanks responders in advance. Love getting the road condition reports as "you" drive through on occasion. Bought a Yukon XL 4X4 last year especially for driving this road. Now seems like it was a waste of money. Maybe I could go back to driving hwy 1 now without finding anyone on it, as everyone is going this way now that the road is better. My wife HATES driving through the mountains with freight trucks leading the way at 5mph, and my thinking "I've got to pass them now, or I'll never make it to G.N. before dark."

???

Perhaps you should stick to vacationing at knots berry farm, eh?

Great answer to someone asking a legitimate question 'NOT'.

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.