BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Exede Satellite Internet with highly competitive installation prices. (everything straight, no B.S)
Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 08:33 AM

After suffering with Hughes Net for years, trying the "banda ancha" of Tel Cel, and wishing I had had the chance to use Excede, I have come to the conclusion that life is challenging and some aspects even more so in Baja!

Good luck in resolving your internet issues. Maybe look at it as increasing your level of patience.::)
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 10:11 AM

Larry
Yep that's what I did. I'll consider myself lucky!

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Alexmcnc

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 10:55 AM
Abiding in Baja

HI Guys, yes the first "fix" was the installation of new 16 digit code. Also many requests to unplug/turn off modem for various periods of time (and multiple permutations on these sequences). None worked for me, although this did help some of my neighbors. After these distance attempts failed, Osiris said my account was shut down by Exede for fraudulent download activity, and accused me of downloading pirated movies. That's when I knew the game had changed and he was positioning for blame shift (I don't download pirated media and wasn't even in Baja between June and October). My supposition is that when it became apparent he would have to incur the expense of either personally visiting San Juanico w some new modems, or paying Jose Davila to do it, he made the economic decision to abandon me and others who had no service, and try to bury any record of the relationship. Not what I would call an honorable businessman, but life goes on.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 02:44 PM

I was the receiver of a long rant by a Mexican business owner here in ASuncion who contracted Excede and it has been a nightmare for them and they are furious.....same issues...worked for a bit now it doesnt and the reps wont respond of fix it....beware!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 02:47 PM

whatever happened to alan thompson, our BCSTech?
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 02:51 PM

Have you tried contacting Osiris on facebook. I am assuming when you call, you are calling Sat del Norte. He has always been responsive to us in Abreojos. We do have problems getting an installer over here sometimes.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 04:09 PM

Life was simpler before Al invented the internet.

Perhaps baja is saying y'all are fated to not have internet. You know, most of the stuff on the internet is worthless or just plain wrong. Perhaps life would be easier without the internet. My last experience without the 24/7 internet was during the bill clinton administrations, was a pretty fun time in my life. Lets hope hillary brings the same fun. Im with her! A womans place is on top! Rock the vote!

Peace out!
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 04:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
I was the receiver of a long rant by a Mexican business owner here in ASuncion who contracted Excede and it has been a nightmare for them and they are furious.....same issues...worked for a bit now it doesnt and the reps wont respond of fix it....beware!

Shari
When you say the "reps won't respond" who are the reps? Someone from Exede or someone from Ensenada "?
I know an installer that goes down to that area occasionally maybe he could help.
Larry

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 04:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alexmcnc  
HI Guys, yes the first "fix" was the installation of new 16 digit code. Also many requests to unplug/turn off modem for various periods of time (and multiple permutations on these sequences). None worked for me, although this did help some of my neighbors. After these distance attempts failed, Osiris said my account was shut down by Exede for fraudulent download activity, and accused me of downloading pirated movies. That's when I knew the game had changed and he was positioning for blame shift (I don't download pirated media and wasn't even in Baja between June and October). My supposition is that when it became apparent he would have to incur the expense of either personally visiting San Juanico w some new modems, or paying Jose Davila to do it, he made the economic decision to abandon me and others who had no service, and try to bury any record of the relationship. Not what I would call an honorable businessman, but life goes on.

Alex
If you saved the code send me a u2u of what the code was that they had you install. Maybe you got the wrong code.
Larry

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
Alexmcnc

[*] posted on 11-3-2016 at 10:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Have you tried contacting Osiris on facebook. I am assuming when you call, you are calling Sat del Norte. He has always been responsive to us in Abreojos. We do have problems getting an installer over here sometimes.

I contact (try) Osiris via his email address. No cellular in San Juanico. Thanks
internet4baja
Nomad

Mood: serving alphabet soup

[*] posted on 11-3-2016 at 03:45 PM
Alexmcnc

hi alex

this is osiris i want to openly apologize for not awnsering when you wanted me to awnser you i had 3,000 other calls to awnser

i have been busy with livestreaming and with my ofice in Durango

but like i sayed on the email to fix your problem is downloading the new software

also i did not change anything in your acount to beegin with i dont keep track of personal account so i dont know why you would say that but i guess you can only asume and blame me

which i dont really care i love helping people solving there problems
but let just get one thing clear

its been more then a year sence your install if i wanted to be a bad guy with all due respect you would first need to pay my travel fee

at least 500 dls just to arribe to san juanico
and then pay for any needed hardware

never did i once say you needed to pay so ill help you if you want my help but it will be when were ready to go south

or

there are other local installer in your area that can help
im ensenada why dont you hire a tec from loreto,mulegue,san juanico,santa rosalia

gracias
Osiris Arguelles
6462273070 office
www.satelitedelnorte.com.mx
www.bajalivestream.com
Alexmcnc

[*] posted on 11-4-2016 at 06:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by internet4baja  
hi alex

this is osiris i want to openly apologize for not awnsering when you wanted me to awnser you i had 3,000 other calls to awnser

i have been busy with livestreaming and with my ofice in Durango

but like i sayed on the email to fix your problem is downloading the new software

also i did not change anything in your acount to beegin with i dont keep track of personal account so i dont know why you would say that but i guess you can only asume and blame me

which i dont really care i love helping people solving there problems
but let just get one thing clear

its been more then a year sence your install if i wanted to be a bad guy with all due respect you would first need to pay my travel fee

at least 500 dls just to arribe to san juanico
and then pay for any needed hardware

never did i once say you needed to pay so ill help you if you want my help but it will be when were ready to go south

or

there are other local installer in your area that can help
im ensenada why dont you hire a tec from loreto,mulegue,san juanico,santa rosalia

gracias
Osiris Arguelles
6462273070 office
www.satelitedelnorte.com.mx
www.bajalivestream.com

Hi Osiris,
Thanks for your apology, I appreciate it. I also understand that being overwhelmed with technical difficulties with a satellite can be challenging. Not that I would presume to tell you how to run your business, but perhaps next time you could send out a communication to all your effected customers describing the problem and an estimated time and process to solution? In my experience, in the absence of communication, people often think the worst. It's the non response that people find frustrating.

I'm sorry if I falsely accused you of something you didn't do. The reason I assumed you changed my account information, is that you asked me several times via email for my MAC number and log in information for my.exede account. You said you needed this information to update the software, and hence solve my problem. I provided you this information, more than once, over a 3 day period. Despite my complying with your request, my connectivity issues were never resolved. Soon after I gave you my log in info you asked if I was downloading illegal content. When I went online the next day to check my account to verify your contention that Exede flagged my account for downloading illegal content, I was unable to log on, my username and/or password had been changed and/or the account had been shut down. Since this all happened within the time you had asked for my username and password for my.exede account, I assumed you had been involved. My suspicions were further aroused when your email communication stopped, and your promise to solve my problems if I provided my MAC and log in information never materialized.

In summary, I don't like making enemies. I hope this has all been a matter of circumstance and coincidence, and that you have not consciously mislead your customers, lied by omission, or outright deceived people. The takeaway for me is that Baja does not have the population density outside of major urban areas for infrastructure providers to be able to offer, maintain, and service their products on a timely basis. Hopefully we'll meet when you next visit San Juanico.

Thanks again,
Alex
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2016 at 06:34 PM

Communication is everything. I have had nothing but good response from Osiris.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2016 at 09:48 PM

Here in San Bruno, Chivato, and Mulege we had some issues with a change that was done by Exede. When we talked to tech support they all suggested that we sign up for the service contract and did not do much to help us. Osiris got things up immediately when he gave us the new code and most of the people were able to get up and running. For those that had a problem, Hugho from Mulege was very helpful and he straightened out the rest of the problems.
I remember getting a little frustrated, like I did in the old days of Hughes Net, but have had nothing but very positive experiences with Osiris and said to some of my friends, I have faith in this guy and he will help us. When he got in to the office, he called me back right away and then helped me with the reset. I, then could help some of the others get going and for those that I could do nothing, Hugho came out and straightened things out. I for one am extremely happy to have this service and like a lot of things in Mexico, it is best to relax, have a tequila and wait a couple of days until everything straightens itself out.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.