BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Exede Satellite Internet with highly competitive installation prices. (everything straight, no B.S)
Floatflyer
Nomad
**




Posts: 286
Registered: 2-15-2009
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 08:33 AM


After suffering with Hughes Net for years, trying the "banda ancha" of Tel Cel, and wishing I had had the chance to use Excede, I have come to the conclusion that life is challenging and some aspects even more so in Baja!

Good luck in resolving your internet issues. Maybe look at it as increasing your level of patience.::)
View user's profile
Russ
Select Nomad
*******




Posts: 6347
Registered: 7-4-2004
Location: Punta Chivato
Member Is Online


[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 10:11 AM


Larry
Yep that's what I did. I'll consider myself lucky!




Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
View user's profile
Alexmcnc
Newbie





Posts: 4
Registered: 10-30-2016
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 10:55 AM
Abiding in Baja


HI Guys, yes the first "fix" was the installation of new 16 digit code. Also many requests to unplug/turn off modem for various periods of time (and multiple permutations on these sequences). None worked for me, although this did help some of my neighbors. After these distance attempts failed, Osiris said my account was shut down by Exede for fraudulent download activity, and accused me of downloading pirated movies. That's when I knew the game had changed and he was positioning for blame shift (I don't download pirated media and wasn't even in Baja between June and October). My supposition is that when it became apparent he would have to incur the expense of either personally visiting San Juanico w some new modems, or paying Jose Davila to do it, he made the economic decision to abandon me and others who had no service, and try to bury any record of the relationship. Not what I would call an honorable businessman, but life goes on.
View user's profile
shari
Select Nomad
*******


Avatar


Posts: 11904
Registered: 3-10-2006
Location: bahia asuncion, baja sur
Member Is Offline

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 02:44 PM


I was the receiver of a long rant by a Mexican business owner here in ASuncion who contracted Excede and it has been a nightmare for them and they are furious.....same issues...worked for a bit now it doesnt and the reps wont respond of fix it....beware!



View user's profile Visit user's homepage
willardguy
Elite Nomad
******




Posts: 4820
Registered: 9-19-2009
Location: bahia willard
Member Is Offline

Mood: im good

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 02:47 PM


whatever happened to alan thompson, our BCSTech?
View user's profile
rts551
Select Nomad
*******


Avatar


Posts: 6182
Registered: 9-5-2003
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 02:51 PM


Have you tried contacting Osiris on facebook. I am assuming when you call, you are calling Sat del Norte. He has always been responsive to us in Abreojos. We do have problems getting an installer over here sometimes.
View user's profile
mtgoat666
Select Nomad
*******




Posts: 10322
Registered: 9-16-2006
Location: San Diego
Member Is Offline

Mood: Indivisible, resisting fascists in orange hair!

[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 04:09 PM


Life was simpler before Al invented the internet.

Perhaps baja is saying y'all are fated to not have internet. You know, most of the stuff on the internet is worthless or just plain wrong. Perhaps life would be easier without the internet. My last experience without the 24/7 internet was during the bill clinton administrations, was a pretty fun time in my life. Lets hope hillary brings the same fun. Im with her! A womans place is on top! Rock the vote!

Peace out!
View user's profile
larryC
Super Nomad
****


Avatar


Posts: 1214
Registered: 8-11-2008
Location: BoLA
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 04:38 PM


Quote: Originally posted by shari  
I was the receiver of a long rant by a Mexican business owner here in ASuncion who contracted Excede and it has been a nightmare for them and they are furious.....same issues...worked for a bit now it doesnt and the reps wont respond of fix it....beware!


Shari
When you say the "reps won't respond" who are the reps? Someone from Exede or someone from Ensenada "?
I know an installer that goes down to that area occasionally maybe he could help.
Larry




Off grid, 12-190watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-2812 stacked Outback inverters, 6-2v enersys 125-33 2000 amp hour AGM batteries, FM 80 and MX 60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 220v from inverter, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
View user's profile
larryC
Super Nomad
****


Avatar


Posts: 1214
Registered: 8-11-2008
Location: BoLA
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 11-2-2016 at 04:45 PM


Quote: Originally posted by Alexmcnc  
HI Guys, yes the first "fix" was the installation of new 16 digit code. Also many requests to unplug/turn off modem for various periods of time (and multiple permutations on these sequences). None worked for me, although this did help some of my neighbors. After these distance attempts failed, Osiris said my account was shut down by Exede for fraudulent download activity, and accused me of downloading pirated movies. That's when I knew the game had changed and he was positioning for blame shift (I don't download pirated media and wasn't even in Baja between June and October). My supposition is that when it became apparent he would have to incur the expense of either personally visiting San Juanico w some new modems, or paying Jose Davila to do it, he made the economic decision to abandon me and others who had no service, and try to bury any record of the relationship. Not what I would call an honorable businessman, but life goes on.



Alex
If you saved the code send me a u2u of what the code was that they had you install. Maybe you got the wrong code.
Larry




Off grid, 12-190watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-2812 stacked Outback inverters, 6-2v enersys 125-33 2000 amp hour AGM batteries, FM 80 and MX 60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 220v from inverter, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
View user's profile
Alexmcnc
Newbie





Posts: 4
Registered: 10-30-2016
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 11-3-2016 at 10:09 AM


Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Have you tried contacting Osiris on facebook. I am assuming when you call, you are calling Sat del Norte. He has always been responsive to us in Abreojos. We do have problems getting an installer over here sometimes.


I contact (try) Osiris via his email address. No cellular in San Juanico. Thanks
View user's profile
internet4baja
Nomad
**




Posts: 107
Registered: 7-5-2014
Location: Ensenada Bcn
Member Is Offline

Mood: serving alphabet soup

[*] posted on 11-3-2016 at 03:45 PM
Alexmcnc


hi alex

this is osiris i want to openly apologize for not awnsering when you wanted me to awnser you i had 3,000 other calls to awnser

i have been busy with livestreaming and with my ofice in Durango

but like i sayed on the email to fix your problem is downloading the new software

also i did not change anything in your acount to beegin with i dont keep track of personal account so i dont know why you would say that but i guess you can only asume and blame me

which i dont really care i love helping people solving there problems
but let just get one thing clear

its been more then a year sence your install if i wanted to be a bad guy with all due respect you would first need to pay my travel fee

at least 500 dls just to arribe to san juanico
and then pay for any needed hardware

never did i once say you needed to pay so ill help you if you want my help but it will be when were ready to go south

or

there are other local installer in your area that can help
im ensenada why dont you hire a tec from loreto,mulegue,san juanico,santa rosalia

gracias
Osiris Arguelles
6462273070 office
www.satelitedelnorte.com.mx
www.bajalivestream.com
View user's profile Visit user's homepage
Alexmcnc
Newbie





Posts: 4
Registered: 10-30-2016
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 11-4-2016 at 06:16 PM


Quote: Originally posted by internet4baja  
hi alex

this is osiris i want to openly apologize for not awnsering when you wanted me to awnser you i had 3,000 other calls to awnser

i have been busy with livestreaming and with my ofice in Durango

but like i sayed on the email to fix your problem is downloading the new software

also i did not change anything in your acount to beegin with i dont keep track of personal account so i dont know why you would say that but i guess you can only asume and blame me

which i dont really care i love helping people solving there problems
but let just get one thing clear

its been more then a year sence your install if i wanted to be a bad guy with all due respect you would first need to pay my travel fee

at least 500 dls just to arribe to san juanico
and then pay for any needed hardware

never did i once say you needed to pay so ill help you if you want my help but it will be when were ready to go south

or

there are other local installer in your area that can help
im ensenada why dont you hire a tec from loreto,mulegue,san juanico,santa rosalia

gracias
Osiris Arguelles
6462273070 office
www.satelitedelnorte.com.mx
www.bajalivestream.com


Hi Osiris,
Thanks for your apology, I appreciate it. I also understand that being overwhelmed with technical difficulties with a satellite can be challenging. Not that I would presume to tell you how to run your business, but perhaps next time you could send out a communication to all your effected customers describing the problem and an estimated time and process to solution? In my experience, in the absence of communication, people often think the worst. It's the non response that people find frustrating.

I'm sorry if I falsely accused you of something you didn't do. The reason I assumed you changed my account information, is that you asked me several times via email for my MAC number and log in information for my.exede account. You said you needed this information to update the software, and hence solve my problem. I provided you this information, more than once, over a 3 day period. Despite my complying with your request, my connectivity issues were never resolved. Soon after I gave you my log in info you asked if I was downloading illegal content. When I went online the next day to check my account to verify your contention that Exede flagged my account for downloading illegal content, I was unable to log on, my username and/or password had been changed and/or the account had been shut down. Since this all happened within the time you had asked for my username and password for my.exede account, I assumed you had been involved. My suspicions were further aroused when your email communication stopped, and your promise to solve my problems if I provided my MAC and log in information never materialized.

In summary, I don't like making enemies. I hope this has all been a matter of circumstance and coincidence, and that you have not consciously mislead your customers, lied by omission, or outright deceived people. The takeaway for me is that Baja does not have the population density outside of major urban areas for infrastructure providers to be able to offer, maintain, and service their products on a timely basis. Hopefully we'll meet when you next visit San Juanico.

Thanks again,
Alex
View user's profile
rts551
Select Nomad
*******


Avatar


Posts: 6182
Registered: 9-5-2003
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 11-4-2016 at 06:34 PM


Communication is everything. I have had nothing but good response from Osiris.
View user's profile
Pescador
Elite Nomad
******


Avatar


Posts: 3544
Registered: 10-17-2002
Location: Baja California Sur
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 11-4-2016 at 09:48 PM


Here in San Bruno, Chivato, and Mulege we had some issues with a change that was done by Exede. When we talked to tech support they all suggested that we sign up for the service contract and did not do much to help us. Osiris got things up immediately when he gave us the new code and most of the people were able to get up and running. For those that had a problem, Hugho from Mulege was very helpful and he straightened out the rest of the problems.
I remember getting a little frustrated, like I did in the old days of Hughes Net, but have had nothing but very positive experiences with Osiris and said to some of my friends, I have faith in this guy and he will help us. When he got in to the office, he called me back right away and then helped me with the reset. I, then could help some of the others get going and for those that I could do nothing, Hugho came out and straightened things out. I for one am extremely happy to have this service and like a lot of things in Mexico, it is best to relax, have a tequila and wait a couple of days until everything straightens itself out.
View user's profile
 Pages:  1    3

  Go To Top


For high speed satellite internet in Baja call +1.6197170810 - or click here to email sistemassatelitales@hotmail.com



Tijuana Walking Tours - on Meetup.com


 






All Content Copyright © 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.
Powered by XMB; XMB Forum Software © 2001-2014 The XMB Group 






"If it were lush and rich, one could understand the pull, but it is fierce and hostile and sullen. The stone mountains pile up to the sky and there is little fresh water. But we know we must go back if we live, and we don't know why." - Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

 

"People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Ivan R. Misner, Ph.D

 

"You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them or to them." - Malcolm Forbes

 

"Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else's hands, but not you." - Jim Rohn







Thank you to Baja Bound Mexico Insurance Services for your long-term support of the BajaNomad.com Forums site.







Emergency Baja Contacts Include:

Desert Hawks; El Rosario-based ambulance transport; Emergency #: (616) 103-0262