BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Facebook page for the Grandpa's is back up and running.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 12:55 PM
Facebook page for the Grandpa's is back up and running.

Well, the old saying that no good deed goes unpunished is rearing its ugly head.

There is a very disturbed person who lives in Baja who has accused Penny of stealing money from the Grandpas. And this person has convinced the full time caretaker that Penny is a con artist.

Penny has kept very accurate records of all donations and how the money has been spent. But she is in Oregon right now and cannot control this person.

Besides, anyone who knows Penny knows that there is no way she is capable of stealing --- shoot, when she could NOT afford to give anything, she gave everything to the grandpas.

Bottom line is that at least for now, we are taking down the facebook page and the paypal account. The accusations are just too much, and it is really sad that the caretaker is buying into them.

She is heartbroken over this and knows that this person is hurting the grandpas more than anything.

Penny also wants to encourage people who visit and take goods to continue to do so for the sake of the grandpas. It is so unfortunate that she has to back away, but it is just too much. :fire::fire::fire:

I won't even mention how I feel about this because the software would edit out the language.

[Edited on 4-8-2016 by DianaT]

[Edited on 5-2-2016 by DianaT]
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 01:11 PM

:mad::fire::mad:

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 02:17 PM

It would be a shame to loose the momentum gained by the support shown for these men so far. Penny should return and sit down with the accuser and Juan the caretaker and any other interested parties and prove to them her accounting is accurate. Facts speak for themselves and would remove any doubt as to the disposition of the finances. In cases where there is only one person handling the finances of any charitable organization accountability invariably comes up. More than one person should handle distribution of funds and remove the burden from just one individual.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 02:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
It would be a shame to loose the momentum gained by the support shown for these men so far. Penny should return and sit down with the accuser and Juan the caretaker and any other interested parties and prove to them her accounting is accurate. Facts speak for themselves and would remove any doubt as to the disposition of the finances. In cases where there is only one person handling the finances of any charitable organization accountability invariably comes up. More than one person should handle distribution of funds and remove the burden from just one individual.

If she could be there, this would all be very, very good advice. But she can't be there right now because of her health and her mother's health.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 06:46 PM

Just another Baja catfight. You should see the mess the whole dog welfare/adoption business in La Paz is in. Suffice to say there are lots of dislocated elbows from the self agrandizement going on.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 06:51 PM

can we all agree that the old dudes should be the focus? if the caretaker is easily influenced by some b!tch trying to settle a score, well, that's none of our business.

We met Penny and Murray a couple of 3 years ago and they were good people. getting into the minutia at this point seems counter-productive, to say the least. didn't anyone think that jealousy would be an obvious outcome?

[Edited on 4-9-2016 by woody with a view]

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 07:11 PM

This is one of the saddest posts I have read in a long time.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Nappo
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 09:16 PM

"Caretaker" are you talking about Juan? The "disturbed" person has convinced Juan??? Let's clear this up. My friends and I have stopped numerous times, both coming and going (dropping off fish on the way home) and have seen nothing but love and good things with our donations. Penny is absolutely an angel and it "angers" me that she has to read this "stuff".
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 09:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Nappo  
"Caretaker" are you talking about Juan? The "disturbed" person has convinced Juan??? Let's clear this up. My friends and I have stopped numerous times, both coming and going (dropping off fish on the way home) and have seen nothing but love and good things with our donations. Penny is absolutely an angel and it "angers" me that she has to read this "stuff".

Penny has been nothing but an angel and this is all very heartbreaking for her.

Read Talk Baja if you want to know more a bit more about the person who is doing this to Penny.

And being Penny, she is nothing but worried about how this will affect her grandpas. She hopes that people like you will continue to your support.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 09:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
can we all agree that the old dudes should be the focus? if the caretaker is easily influenced by some b!tch trying to settle a score, well, that's none of our business.

We met Penny and Murray a couple of 3 years ago and they were good people. getting into the minutia at this point seems counter-productive, to say the least. didn't anyone think that jealousy would be an obvious outcome?

[Edited on 4-9-2016 by woody with a view]

Yes, and that is what Penny wants --- keep it about the grandpas.

I guess we were naïve to not see the jealousy and revenge coming. It is all about how successful Penny has been in gaining support for the old dudes. She is successful because she is Penny. It is really difficult to believe that someone would be so jealous of someone who was doing so much good for some others, but that is what happened.

Yes, keep it about the grandpas and their needs. That is what she wants!

[Edited on 4-9-2016 by DianaT]
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2016 at 11:49 PM

Oh my ... so sorry to read this .. Penny dear hang in there -- tend to your and your moms health ... keep the faith that the truth will prevail ..

So frustrating that cr*p like this goes on .. sick, just sick ...

Penny F.
Junior Nomad

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 07:41 PM

THE PAGE IS BACK UP!!!
I will Not let Anyone or Anything detour me from helping this Amazing group of men...My Grandpas at Casa Hogar del Ancianos!! They are my Heart and Soul♡♡ Please, this has Never been about Me, it is about Them living of Life of Love, Dignity, and Respect!!! Please dont stop helping them, they need So Much, and Ask for so Little!!
With All my Love and Respect, Penny
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 07:44 PM

atta girl!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 07:44 PM

Good for you Penny!

Don't let the b-tches/bastards get you down.....

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 09:14 PM

:bounce::bounce::biggrin::biggrin::bounce:

No one is going to keep Penny down for long, especially with such miserable falsehoods. She is the guardian angel for those grandpas, and always will be.

And I have received an inquiry about Juan, and please, he is a very honest person --- just keep up the support.

And Penny, the part that is about you is that I know how many people join with me in sending you lots of healing thoughts for your health! Love you --

[Edited on 5-2-2016 by DianaT]
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 5-2-2016 at 07:32 AM

Good!!! These old guys can always use some help.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2016 at 10:36 AM

Hola Penny,

i have been following what your GREAT heart, and Murray's, may he R.I.P. have been doing without all the fantastic help that you are currently receiving and ALL BY YOURSELVES !

and yes, it is ALL about you and murray having giving so much over the years and not asking for help.

accounting ? who cares ? you should be able to do whatever you wish with monies and other donations without question.

do people realize that in the states, it would cost thousands of dollars a month to maintain EACH senior the way you do.

PLEASE disregard all the negative comments and just take care of your health and that of your mother's FIRST and get back home happy & healthy only when you are ready.

with all the outpouring of love for you and the grandpas, everything will be fine.

ALL MY LOVE,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.