BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anyone out there looking for way to retire in Baja earlier?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 10:54 AM
Anyone out there looking for way to retire in Baja earlier?

http://littlecg.com/
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 11:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

Yo no se nada. Need to talk to them.

Bob Durrell
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 11:42 AM

1 year construction experience? i love those guys, especially the safety guy who wants to run the project. we all know safety is job 1,2 and 3 but 1 year construction experience?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 01:13 PM

"Headhunting"? And you don't know why? WTF?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 02:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

"Headhunting"? And you don't know why? WTF?

just posting for Dave and he doesn't want me to know anything else except job openings are legit.

Bob Durrell
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
4-9-2016 at 02:47 PM
bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 03:24 PM

I have seen the industries change drastically as baby boomers retire. There are not enough experience younger people to fill the positions. supervisors are selected that have very little to no experience in the work that is being done. all they know is work safe and get it done quick. I have seen this in the oil/gas industry. It scares the crap out of me knowing how bad things have gotten in the management. Thankfully there are still a lot of skill workers left who perform the actual tasks. that's changing too though.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 06:17 PM

Hoo Dave?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2016 at 06:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Hoo Dave?

son in law

Bob Durrell
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2016 at 09:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
1 year construction experience? i love those guys, especially the safety guy who wants to run the project. we all know safety is job 1,2 and 3 but 1 year construction experience?
See my edit Woody. It now reads: "1 year hands on experience in a trade such as plumber, electrician, carpenter so you understand how workers feel about some of the OSHA requirements

Bob Durrell
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-11-2016 at 07:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
See my edit Woody. It now reads: "1 year hands on experience in a trade such as plumber, electrician, carpenter so you understand how workers feel about some of the OSHA requirements

1 yr exp in a trade and you barely know how to wipe your own nose. Not enough experience to be a supervisor. When I was young I thought I knew it all. Now that I am older I know that young people don't know what they don't know, and that makes them poor supervisors.

[Edited on 4-12-2016 by mtgoat666]
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2018 at 09:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

whats this have to do with retiring in Baja earlier? Looks to me like its jobs in California? (yeah i know its 2 years old - just wondering?

[Edited on 4-25-2018 by caj13]
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-25-2018 at 09:31 AM

We used to call the young guys that had about a years experience and now was able to sweat a joint properly "one year wonders"

The young Dudes really thought and would say "I'm a plumber"
we would laugh and tell them no, you have SO MUCH more to learn, you have no idea.......

They knew enough to be dangerous..

I would say that it rakes at least five years before someone has a bit of a grasp on being professional...

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 4-25-2018 at 10:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bledito  
I have seen the industries change drastically as baby boomers retire. There are not enough experience younger people to fill the positions. supervisors are selected that have very little to no experience in the work that is being done. all they know is work safe and get it done quick. I have seen this in the oil/gas industry. It scares the crap out of me knowing how bad things have gotten in the management. Thankfully there are still a lot of skill workers left who perform the actual tasks. that's changing too though.

That is exactly the scenario in power generation where I work. Management makes less than the skilled workers so no one wants to take the management jobs.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2018 at 10:08 AM

Its a good job for the right person. I spoke to them back when but it didnt fit my needs. Never hurts to talk to someone you never know where it’ll lead.

bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2018 at 05:38 AM

Safety professionals are in high demand right now. We sent one of our employees through all the required training to get his certs for a project at the airport. He will remain our full time safety officer for future projects as we move forward. His cost to company will ideally offset any future costs from potential injuries. Well worth the investment for company and families. One back injury cost us hundreds of thousands and lost opportunities for jobs for 3+ years. Not worth it. And we're a small business glazing contractor. Typically larger GC's are the ones who retain such professionals. I tell many people who want a change of direction to think about this position. But with it does comes the responsibility of being charge of keeping the company and it's projects/employees safe and that for some is too much to bear.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 4-26-2018 at 08:06 AM

Another case of clueless old fa*ts not understanding the modern computer driven workplace. Decision making, ojt and knowledge are no longer a prerequisite. We now have Google right on our phones. JFGI

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-26-2018 at 09:01 AM

I'd rather be an "old fart" than a "young turd"

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2018 at 09:21 AM

Its hilarious how weebray (is that the sound more than two asses make?) thinks google can solve problems related to construction safety with a phone. You can have the best accident prevention program known to mankind, the most qualified and experienced workers and STILL have injuries or worse. It’s human nature to be careless and think it won’t happen to me. RIO, I just passed my EM385 refresher, again!

Does weebray ever have anything constructive to add here? Not that I’ve seen.

bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2018 at 10:46 AM

in my industry, gas, oil, transportation pipeline. most of the people who really knew how to do the work retired. I wound up as a general supervisor after years of in field experience. Now the same job goes to a kid maybe 20 something who has no clue what the actually work is. It's a very dangerous job at times when chit goes wrong and things leak. knowing how to properly handle the situation is a learned thing. not an off the cuff look it up on my I phone. if you actually had an I phone on the site you would most likely be incinerated as it would ignite the gas. it's a scary change I would not want to be involved in today. I know too much about things that go on in this industry. these pipes are old like me most are even older some put in in the 1800s and a lot of steel put in in the 50s it is past it's expected lifetime and ready to fail. good luck to all these wanna be bosses when the crap hits the fan.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 4-27-2018 at 07:41 AM

Its hilarious how weebray (is that the sound more than two asses make?) thinks google can solve problems related to construction safety with a phone. You can have the best accident prevention program known to mankind, the most qualified and experienced workers and STILL have injuries or worse. It’s human nature to be careless and think it won’t happen to me. RIO, I just passed my EM385 refresher, again!

Does weebray ever have anything constructive to add here? Not that I’ve seen.

Ho ho ho, Swallowed the bait, hook, line and sinker.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.