Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Our old friend Tahmooressi got busted again
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 11:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

You sound like your panties are in a bunch over my question. My point is, I gave at the office too.... my credential.....

It hits me deep to the core when Armchair Generals have all the blab about something they know NOTHING about..... even 25 years of non-combatant training, because until you actually DO hunt the most dangerous game in the world, and it tries to kill you, you don't know squat. Too bad all that play-like didn't do him any good, or another several million GI's with night sweats and self-medication problems because there really is no cure. We (I) fought for their (your) right to say most anything you please freely in this Country, including the right to burn the flag as well as fly it. Don't thank me for my service either; it's an embarrassment. However even knowing the gig was a bad one, I still served out of DUTY. If that makes me a chump, oh well.

War is hell..... ask the man who fought one. Let's hope Tamorhoozits doesn't take anyone else with him. He's bound to go to heaven because he's living his own hell right now. Let him be.

TOTALLY AGREE!

Bob Durrell
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 11:42 AM

YES

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 12:49 PM

What happened, gun-toting, pot smoking, hooker loving, mama's boy, Andrew Tahmooressi, didn't have his Mommy around to bail him out of jail this time.

I don't understand why people defend this loser, Tahmooressi.

That said, what's up in Indiana, that they give a one-month jail sentence for being in possession of a small amount of marijuana, and drug paraphernalia.

Even Mexico, and most states in the USA are more progressive than that. Really jail time for a small amount of marijuana!

But then I read that Tahmooressi, was disoriented upon arrest, and he that he was allowed to represent himself and plead guilty, according to his Mama, so I take that with a grain of salt, because his mother will say anything even lie to keep her baby boy out of jail.

If so, Tahmooressi, is even dumber than I thought, and he just was caught up in one backward US state with a kangaroo court.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 01:22 PM

Thank you for your input, Mr.JJJ

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 01:32 PM

I'd like to see this marine's name on the list of banned words here.......that was a dark period in nomadlandia :no:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 04:30 PM

Pedigree..... being there....doesn't come with a guarantee of absolution.
Show me one thing in this victim's record that illustrates heroism.
The military today is a job applied for, and voluntarily accepted, as well as well paid by past standards. All who join aren't entitled to the honorific of "hero."
Some are put in a position to excel toward the definition, but not all by any means. They serve admirably, and are worthy of respectful gratitude, but not accolades for heroism.
The public today, since the end of the Draft, seems inclined to call all military individuals, heroic.
All are not heroic.
I have long had a private issue with military personnel who lay claim as combatants in Nam, wearing the green and gold ribbon here and there, who were chopper mechanics, or office workers out of harms way. I know they were there, but they weren't "down 'n dirty."

Anyway....this Thamooresi is a fraud.
Just my opinion. I wasn't there.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 04:45 PM

I doubt anyone here knows enough to make any determination, but there are a lot of people minding his business for him..in total ignorance..

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 04:51 PM

Regardless of what he's like, nobody deserves a criminal conviction on their record for possessing a bag of weed for personal use. The 30 days in jail is nothing. The criminal record will follow him around for the rest of his life. The judge should have reduced it to an infraction and let him go. Now he's a criminal forever.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 05:01 PM

We should have developed a cure for cancer a long time ago...And why cant the jews and arabs get along....Wouldas couldas and shouldas...

DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 06:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Other than the fact that you are a dumb chit, why would you bring up Smedly Butler?

It's Smedley

Never thought I'd get to paraphrase a line from Blazing Saddles :biggrin:

Just responding to your post about blabla books to link to one of the premier authors of said books.

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 08:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Pedigree..... being there....doesn't come with a guarantee of absolution.
Show me one thing in this victim's record that illustrates heroism.
The military today is a job applied for, and voluntarily accepted, as well as well paid by past standards. All who join aren't entitled to the honorific of "hero."
Some are put in a position to excel toward the definition, but not all by any means. They serve admirably, and are worthy of respectful gratitude, but not accolades for heroism.
The public today, since the end of the Draft, seems inclined to call all military individuals, heroic.
All are not heroic.
I have long had a private issue with military personnel who lay claim as combatants in Nam, wearing the green and gold ribbon here and there, who were chopper mechanics, or office workers out of harms way. I know they were there, but they weren't "down 'n dirty."

Anyway....this Thamooresi is a fraud.
Just my opinion. I wasn't there.

After 9/11 the meaning of the word "hero" began to diminish drastically as the "true hero's" began to be thrown in with the "rhinestone hero's". Soon every one was claiming the title simply for having weight and occupying space. Vietnam had its share of office clerks coming home with a chest full of medals, and it hasn't changed much since then.
I spent several years in the military and rubbed shoulders with hundreds of troops who volunteered, or were rounded up and drafted, and in all the conversations I can remember, not one ever said they entered the military to "serve their country". I don't think I was in a particularly unpatriotic group. Don't get me wrong, patriotism was seldom in doubt, but most volunteers joined because they had nothing else going and figured on maybe using the GI bill when getting out. The "serve my country" was saved for the press release in their hometown newspapers, much the same as many cops say they entered law enforcement to "help the people" although there are many who probably did. I agree with Budda, on the few times anyone has thanked me for my service I find it embarrassing. I was paid the going amount when I was in and probably got more out of the experience than I put in.
DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2016 at 12:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Some interesting history on PTSD:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-shock-of-war-55376...

Excellent article
Alan from San Diego
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2016 at 02:44 PM

Combat is not a prerequisite for PTSD. Extreme stress is. Believe me there are a lot of vets and non vets with PTSD. Some work thru it, some work around it and some need knowledgeable help. I went thru one of the VA programs and it was not something I would call helpful. And the VA medical process could qualify as something to diagnose you for PTSD. Since none of us know Tahmooressi how can anyone here make an informed judgement?
edit: Ive been bothered by my saying I went thru a PTSD treatment with the VA. I didn't, I only lasted a couple weeks and left.

[Edited on 11-4-2016 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2016 at 03:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  

Since none of us know Tahmooressi how can anyone here make an informed judgement?

My judgment is, the man is an over-rated marooon. Show one bit of evidence indicating heroism.
His conduct recently is an indication of his shallow character unlike any hero I've ever known....not many.
He was an embarrassment to Gretta on Fox news, but she never needed any help for that.
Just being there doesn't get anyone the HERO badge.

[Edited on 11-5-2016 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2016 at 11:51 PM

Whether he's a hero to anyone who hasn't served is a pointless argument. He volunteered to serve in the Marines AND in a combat zone.

Anyone here want to compare their ribbons and citations to his? Dennis?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.