Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: A pictorial road trip.
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 11:32 PM

Or drive all the way to the top of the island and challenge yourself with the Cape Scott and North coast trails.

Here we are camping on the beach on the North Coast Trail, backpack with all the food hung high and hopefully out of reach of the bears…and there are LOTS of bears there!

North Coast Trail. Vancouver Island, BC.jpg - 250kB

[Edited on 4-14-2016 by Fatboy]
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 11:35 PM

Back down through Washington and Oregon now to my home state of California. Just a couple of pictures.

Here is the Middle fork of the Eel river in the Yolla Bolly Wilderness, another bear haven….

Followed by my sole picture of a week long kayak trip me and my daughter went on from Red Bluff to the San Francisco bay…

Last shot is rain over Mono Lake….

Yolloa Bolly Wilderness, ca.jpg - 241kBSacramento River, CA.jpg - 123kBRain, Mono Lake, CA.jpg - 115kB
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 11:38 PM

Alright, if you made it this far you know we went coast to coast and up into Canada.

So lets finish with a final shot in Baja….

Dinner, Baja.jpg - 150kB
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2016 at 07:36 AM

Ha, before I opened my computer, I was thinking of planning a road trip. Now it feels like I took one!!!
Thanks for this, really great stuff!!

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 4-14-2016 at 07:59 AM

Well. This helped my early morning awakening pass by enjoyably. I've driven from Oregon to Florida and back once some years ago. Didn't take pictures. Was in a hurry to get there to get on a cruise ship. Was one of those "been there once. done that once. don't need to do that again." trips. BUT. Did manage to see a lot of country in a month trip. Thanks for sharing your trip & photos. Tons of places to see in Oregon. (been doing that for past 81 years) Yes. Native Oregonian. If you haven't been to Crater Lake in Oregon, I highly recommend it. Start at mileage post 125 on I-5. at Roseburg Oregon. Spend some time at Two Shy Brewing (son & partners 4 year old brewery). Tell them that your a Baja Nomad, and the first beer will be on my charge account. Curious why I'd post about Two Shy Brewing? Look it up on Facebook.
The variety of brews have great tasting pleasures. It's only a tasting event, as no bottling yet. BUT. They do sell growlers in a couple sizes.
Any other Nomads offering free samples when Nomads are "passing through"?
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2016 at 08:01 AM

Excellent group of photos. How many miles was your entire trip? Makes Baja driving appear wimpy. Really like your photography!

Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2016 at 08:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Ha, before I opened my computer, I was thinking of planning a road trip. Now it feels like I took one!!!
Thanks for this, really great stuff!!

Your Welcome and more importantly Thanks!
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2016 at 08:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  
Excellent group of photos. How many miles was your entire trip? Makes Baja driving appear wimpy. Really like your photography!

Was more a series of trips over about 3 years. Moved to Florida for work for 1 year and that ended 1 year ago last month.

Definitely racked up some miles. Phoenix to Tampa 4 times in the last 2 years along with two road trips from Tampa to Maine to see the country.

Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2016 at 08:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Phil S  
Well. This helped my early morning awakening pass by enjoyably. I've driven from Oregon to Florida and back once some years ago. Didn't take pictures. Was in a hurry to get there to get on a cruise ship. Was one of those "been there once. done that once. don't need to do that again." trips. BUT. Did manage to see a lot of country in a month trip. Thanks for sharing your trip & photos. Tons of places to see in Oregon. (been doing that for past 81 years) Yes. Native Oregonian. If you haven't been to Crater Lake in Oregon, I highly recommend it. Start at mileage post 125 on I-5. at Roseburg Oregon. Spend some time at Two Shy Brewing (son & partners 4 year old brewery). Tell them that your a Baja Nomad, and the first beer will be on my charge account. Curious why I'd post about Two Shy Brewing? Look it up on Facebook.
The variety of brews have great tasting pleasures. It's only a tasting event, as no bottling yet. BUT. They do sell growlers in a couple sizes.
Any other Nomads offering free samples when Nomads are "passing through"?

Free beer? Your chitting us!

Crater lake is amazing, pick the right day and it is off the charts.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2016 at 09:04 AM

Wow, really great pictures, thanks.
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 4-14-2016 at 10:26 AM

big boy. Yeah? It's free lst glass. Is that so unusual? I'm a Nomad, and proud to be one, and it's a legit offer. It promotes an incredible National Park in our area. And it also promotes an incredible brewer company that makes incredible brews. And one of it's IPA's made a top ten list in one publication judging Oregon brews. So fellow Nomads. Look up Two Shy Brewing Roseburg Oregon on I-5, and check their days & hours their open, and have a free "first glass" pleasurable experience. Oh yeah, big boy. No one questions our Baja Nomads offers to "stop by and I'll buy you a beer" that live in Baja. And though I don't own in Baja anymore, I still visit every year or so, and will be in Cabo next week for a week meeting with relatives & friends, and again in November for couple weeks.
Viva La Nomads !!!!!!!!!
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2016 at 10:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Phil S  
big boy. Yeah? It's free lst glass. Is that so unusual? I'm a Nomad, and proud to be one, and it's a legit offer. It promotes an incredible National Park in our area. And it also promotes an incredible brewer company that makes incredible brews. And one of it's IPA's made a top ten list in one publication judging Oregon brews. So fellow Nomads. Look up Two Shy Brewing Roseburg Oregon on I-5, and check their days & hours their open, and have a free "first glass" pleasurable experience. Oh yeah, big boy. No one questions our Baja Nomads offers to "stop by and I'll buy you a beer" that live in Baja. And though I don't own in Baja anymore, I still visit every year or so, and will be in Cabo next week for a week meeting with relatives & friends, and again in November for couple weeks.
Viva La Nomads !!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I was typing it with a 'That is awesome!' or 'That is soooo cool' mindset..... Not meant in a negative or disbelieving way....
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2016 at 03:53 PM

That was fun! Thanks for sharing it all.

Visiting alligators is definitely on our bucket list.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-14-2016 at 08:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

How about crocodiles? You can get up close and personal with them here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Manzanilla

There is no barrier between their lagoon and the restaurants on the beach. They lay on the beach and swim in front of it. I have some photos, but will have to figure out how to edit and put them here!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2016 at 08:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

How about crocodiles? You can get up close and personal with them here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Manzanilla

There is no barrier between their lagoon and the restaurants on the beach. They lay on the beach and swim in front of it. I have some photos, but will have to figure out how to edit and put them here!

Personally I would not want to get up close and personal with them. :)

Course you can go to Florida and see plenty of Gators, see crocs down on the tip and even go boating with wild monkeys.

Do wish it was easier to post pictures here.
daveB
Nomad

Mood: wondering about Nomads!

[*] posted on 4-15-2016 at 12:36 AM

Lots of stories about that congregation of crocs! Fishermen feed them and that, plus the thin fence wire, never anchored to the ground, generally kepps them from walzing out on the main street, about a hundred feet away from their estuary. Once the rains flood there, and open a direct water route to the beach and ocean, there will always be the odd tale of them being sighted out where the swimmers are. Someone will always shout and bring to the swimmer's attention, a croc's location. La Manzanilla, Jalisco, Mexico on the Bahia Tenacatita. These are the big ones!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-15-2016 at 04:34 AM

Small world! I was also at the TRINITY site this year, so we were there at the same time..Thanks for the pics...

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 4-15-2016 at 07:14 AM

Thanks, nice trip and pics!
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2016 at 07:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Small world! I was also at the TRINITY site this year, so we were there at the same time..Thanks for the pics...

That's funny, really is a small world full of coincidences.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2016 at 10:38 AM

amazing photos! wow.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.