Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: medical marijuana
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-24-2016 at 12:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by micah202  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
99% of people buying medical pot are doing so to get high. Med pot is a farce concocted by drug dealers to legally sell pot to people seeking to get high.

Have you looked at the sales pitches? the sales pitches say pot cures most every ailment, do you really think pot is a magic cure of all these ills?

Of course pot makes sick people feel better, It makes all people fell better. that's why I and many others like to smoke occasionally, but I call it what it is: getting high.

....motoscrote,, yer should check out hi CBD strains,, all new to me, but very interesting.

...here's a link again...... http://www.leafscience.com/2014/02/23/5-must-know-facts-cann...

Micah,
Please leave the prefix "moto" out of this....."Goatscrote" sounds way better...:biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2016 at 01:05 PM

Lee,
Don't know where you were in the 60's, (or whomever told you that), but any high grade cannabis produced today can't come close to the effects of man-made purple haze, orange sunshine, or 4-way windowpane LSD readily available in the 60's. Apples and oranges.

Maybe you/they are referring to naturally produced peyote, mushrooms, or mescaline also available at the time. Still, all very potent and no where near any of the effects of any form of THC/cannabis around today, or any day.
Granted the "good" stuff is powerful, but not at all psychedelic like the 60's.

Yah, at least that's what I am told.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-24-2016 at 01:33 PM

Cancano and Lee--------very interesting info, and not previously known by me------thank you for your comments. Aspirin scares me, so probably will not experiment, but I appreciate your comments. Now, some good sipping Canadian Whiskey----that is a different story. :bounce:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-24-2016 at 01:43 PM

In moderation, alcohol and pot are about same, it's all about people getting buzzed. It is hypocritical of alcohol drinkers to treat pot differently.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-24-2016 at 02:12 PM

Alberta Springs 10 year Rye Whiskey.....can only buy it in certain places in Canada.

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
.... Now, some good sipping Canadian Whiskey----that is a different story. :bounce:
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-24-2016 at 02:45 PM

Most 60's and 70's weed was mostly leaf (better not have too many stems!) and flower buds were turned into Hash. There were Thai Sticks, which were bundled flower buds 'tied' on a stem that came from Thailand that'd put a water buffalo down. I had a dentist in '72 that had some bud he'd use on ... special patients.... that coupled with Nitrous made dentistry a thing of beauty, and I HATE going to the dentist.

The strains of today are rated and priced on their potency (so i'm told). Most are pure bud with a little leaf thrown in; back in The Day I smoked a bunch, but can't tolerate today's potency. Total paranoia and disorientation. Had a one-hit with a fellow Nam Vet who smokes constantly; he called it "Purple Jesus!". I barely made it from his house to my 5th wheel where I comatosely spent the rest of the afternoon wondering why the hell I did it. I don't enjoy buzzing much any more, but I've wished for NORML-ization and legalization for 50 years now.... ever since the 'matchbox generation'. \

High, medicinal, good buzz, stoner, whatever you wanna call yourself or justify it with, more POWER TO THE PEOPLE. And Goat-Scrote, aren't you dizzy that high on your horse? You think people should all march to your drum, and you're as full of Chit as a Christmas Turkey (or any common turkey for that matter). You did your job; you incited animosity, which you seem to revel in. As usual.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2016 at 03:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
:lol::lol:
If you like to get high, just say so, and quit making up medical excuses for your recreational drug use, no one believes them!

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Look at it this way. In Colorado, and other states where it is legal to purchase cannabis for recreational use, a medical card isn't necessary. Just buy your bud and get high.

There's a reason why some folks get a medical card. And there's a reason cannabis is available to those who don't want to get high but want medicinal relief.

DEA approving cannabis research for PTSD is a step in the right direction.

No magic cures but many substantiated studies for pain relief. Do the research or shoot from the hip, Tom.

When did John Denver write "Rocky Mountain High"?

1975. Feel old as I do?

[Edited on 4-24-2016 by Bajahowodd]
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 4-24-2016 at 03:19 PM

1968 'Fraternity of Man' Don't bogart Me

Easy Rider Soundtrack 1969

How old now?

"Don't bogart that joint, my friend....... pass it over to me....."

[Edited on 4-24-2016 by bajabuddha]

86 - 45*

8knots
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2016 at 08:36 PM

As part of my 3.5 year old grandson's treatment for epilepsy he is taking doctor approved, high CBD, low dose marijuana. He is fortunate to live in WA State where it is legal. There are parents from around the world trying to get approval for their child to take part in CO's program that uses special, high CBD stains to treat epilepsy. It was covered in depth by Dr. Sanjay Gupta on his show on CNN among other news shows. Wiki it....Charlotte's Web CBD oil.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-25-2016 at 08:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
1968 'Fraternity of Man' Don't bogart Me

Easy Rider Soundtrack 1969

How old now?

"Don't bogart that joint, my friend....... pass it over to me....."

[Edited on 4-24-2016 by bajabuddha]

Did I ever mention that I went to Helix High with Dennis Hopper? He turned me in for smoking backstage during rehearsals for Sr. class play.

Bob Durrell
baconjr
Nomad

Mood: Es la vida de perro!

[*] posted on 4-25-2016 at 09:07 AM

Dealing with a wife dying of cancer, medicinal pot kept here off opiates until she went into hospice. There is a eatable which is 100%CBD's without THC that worked. At the same time I had a old beagle who was is his final weeks of his life who was in pain and depressed with his dying owner. There is a product called Canna4Pets that is made from hemp and can be sold without the hassle. There is no measurable THC. The dog could hardly walk and wouldn't eat. I gave him the meds and that night he could walk again without apparent pain and ended up that night climbing up the stairs and getting in bed with me. It improved the quality of life and he lived comfortable for 5 months and had a cold wet nose and a wagging tail until his last 24 hours. The stuff works and those who think it is just getting stoned need to get it out of their mind. There is more research coming out about the effects of various Cannabinoids many will reduce pain, anxiety which will make you feel better without the high from THC.
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 4-25-2016 at 11:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
I smoke pot on occasion but only because, at times, I have PTSD issues.
I don't smoke in public but only when I want to get to sleep.
The high part is extra.... makes pretty much any lame comedy really funny.

Kinda like reading Goat-scrotes' comments on BN for me! :lol:

86 - 45*

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2016 at 11:31 AM

It's unfortunate that there is such a moral judgement by some around the use of cannabis (in whatever form).

It's always interesting to read about folks glorifying their alcohol consumption and NORMLizing it as a social standard....but dissing cannabis users. The old Reefer Madness link has already been mentioned....seems like some folks buy into it.

Some folks react poorly to cannabis (especially when gobbling the brownies unknowingly :lol: ), but it is fair to say that for those with anxiety problems, it sometimes increases anxiety until the user is more "experienced"....it's a matter of dosage, intention, and managing one's consciousness...a challenge of balance.

High grade pot can certainly have psychotropic outcomes, but not usually hallucinogenic to the extent that LSD or organics (e.g. peyote cactus, psilocybin, etc).

"Medicinal" pot is a curious term....as has been referred to earlier...."medicinal" is more a reference to the application more than the strain....aside from the strains being developed to more the intended effect of pain and seizure management than the "high".

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-25-2016 at 12:59 PM

Go into a medical pot place. They are primarily marketing pot to get buzzed, very few of the customers are there for treatment of any real disease.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2016 at 01:32 PM

Go into a medical pot place. They are primarily marketing pot to get buzzed, very few of the customers are there for treatment of any real disease.

....and ?

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2016 at 01:44 PM

CBD pain relief without THC, fascinating, I had no idea about this.
here's a question, if all this low to high test weed is available through dispensaries, who's buying all this pot thats being smuggled through the border??? is it that much cheaper?
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2016 at 02:18 PM

The crap coming from Mexico is for easy/cheap sales, I imagine.

Up here in the frozen wastelands, pot enthusiasts get to enjoy primo bud...."No stems no seeds that you don't need...". The same is likely true in parts of the USA where local growers offer a much better product than the Mexican stuff.

Since 9-11, the Canada-to-USA border smuggling is much more difficult and has decreased somewhat from what I have heard, but it happens regularly.

NorCal bud is a good contender/competitor for BC bud....don't know about what they smoke in Arkansas or Ohio....or in Kansas.

Mexican is cheap....

bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 4-25-2016 at 03:35 PM

It's a very simple answer why Mexican weed is still coming over in TONS at a time; only a few States has decriminalized or ok'd medicinal use. As I've stated many times, if the rest follow suit the over-the-border demand will be nil.... especially for enthusiasts who can finally grow their own next to their tomatoes. Again, THEN the DEA can concentrate more on the serious stuff without wasting time and energy on something that is going to happen. Hopefully sooner than later. Kinda like letting women vote; who woulda thunk it?? Now they think they can run for President!

86 - 45*

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2016 at 03:44 PM

Make America Great Again....grow it like they did while writing the Constitution....except without the slave labour.... :light:

Made in America....none of that "Bad Trade Deals" stuff from Mexico

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2016 at 05:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 8knots  
As part of my 3.5 year old grandson's treatment for epilepsy he is taking doctor approved, high CBD, low dose marijuana. He is fortunate to live in WA State where it is legal. There are parents from around the world trying to get approval for their child to take part in CO's program that uses special, high CBD stains to treat epilepsy. It was covered in depth by Dr. Sanjay Gupta on his show on CNN among other news shows. Wiki it....Charlotte's Web CBD oil.

Its criminal that this treatment, that has proven effective, is outlawed in most places. Saw the program and there are folks moving their whole families to states where they can get help.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.