Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: tres santos
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2016 at 08:46 AM
tres santos

http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_analysis/2987621/bruta...
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2016 at 10:02 AM

Thanks for the link. The web page mentions a New York Times article. In January the NYT listed 52 places to visit this year. Todos Santos is number 23. Why? Well, because of the Tres Santos development, of course.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/07/travel/places-...

"Nearly 50 miles north of Cabo San Lucas, tranquil Todos Santos has long been a surfer’s retreat and a day-trip destination for Cabo travelers keen to visit art galleries. In summer, the new Tres Santos development may tempt longer visits via Hotel San Cristobal, a new 32-room beachfront hotel from Bunkhouse, owners of Hotel San Jose in Austin. A new 3.5-mile hiking and biking path will link the beach to town to encourage sustainable commutes. Tres Santos, which bills itself as a “mindful living community” and includes vacation homes, also plans to open a farm and a village with shops, restaurants and a farmer’s market this year."

Elaine Glusac

[Edited on 4-29-2016 by SFandH]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2016 at 02:18 PM

I think this is the beachfront hotel development at Punta Lobos. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

http://tinyurl.com/hr4nezm

[Edited on 4-29-2016 by SFandH]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 06:16 AM

Nothing new here. Viviane Mahieux's one sided articles campaigning against this development have been around for a while.

The fight for and against this development are like watching a political debate....both sides telling only one part of the story
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 06:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Nothing new here. Viviane Mahieux's one sided articles campaigning against this development have been around for a while.

The fight for and against this development are like watching a political debate....both sides telling only one part of the story

you are so right - let's make all of Baja look/feel/smell like Cabo. Let's kick those bastard indigenous out

Harald Pietschmann
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 07:39 AM

"1000 words"
And a few of them not fit for print. gawdawful
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 08:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

make baja anything.

you are so right - let's make all of Baja look/feel/smell like Cabo. Let's kick those bastard indigenous out

When did I ever say make Baja anything. That should be up the citizens. and sure as hell, the indigenous got kicked out way before the yuppies took over Todos Santos.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 09:15 AM
The Sales Pitch

Just spent some time reading their website. Here are some words/phrases from just a couple of the web pages used to sell their houses that don't exist.

An epicenter for well-being.

artisanal

holistic

integrated

Commune with nature

Write. Paint. Breathe. Grow. Surf.

morning gong and sun salutations

Beauty and solitude

Find your own space

reach the summit in this stellar backdrop

inspires a shared sense of belonging and purpose

yoga teachers, and the enlightened crowd

wake-up call for mindful living

the soulful

:lol::lol:

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 09:46 AM

They should fit right in with Todos Santos then. You forgot to mention the free rock and roll concert every year where you can smoke a little medicine.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 11:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Just spent some time reading their website. Here are some words/phrases from just a couple of the web pages used to sell their houses that don't exist.

An epicenter for well-being.

artisanal

holistic

integrated

Commune with nature

Write. Paint. Breathe. Grow. Surf.

morning gong and sun salutations

Beauty and solitude

Find your own space

reach the summit in this stellar backdrop

inspires a shared sense of belonging and purpose

yoga teachers, and the enlightened crowd

wake-up call for mindful living

the soulful

:lol::lol:

hey, big money is super smart - more so than most of us. If you can sell yoga courses with those phrases - you can certainly sell property with them.

Harald Pietschmann
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 11:35 AM

The development - and its opposition - are gaining a lot of visibility in social media. The anti-Tres Santos forces appear to be preaching to the converted and therefore have yet to reach anyone in a position to intervene. For their part, the developers have yet to acknowledge that there is a shred of opposition to the project, and that their efforts are in harmony with the townspeople, the fishermen, etc. I would suspect that their ads are reaching more people than the voice of the opposition, which is largely led by volunteers and not a PR machine.

Needless to say, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 11:39 AM

Last time you were in Todos Santos, RTS? The Yuppies have arrived but most of us old timers still enjoy our peaceful living along with a Music event and nice restaurant once in awhile. How would you like a Development like this in Abreojos? Think I'll go for a quiet walk on the beach. Tio
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 11:45 AM

Tio, About 4 months ago. And no thanks...we do not have rock concerts or nice restaurants....just normal small town Mexican stuff. Have a nice walk...looking at the beacjh right now...not a soul in sight.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 01:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

make baja anything.

When did I ever say make Baja anything. That should be up the citizens. and sure as hell, the indigenous got kicked out way before the yuppies took over Todos Santos.

Don't think locals see yuppies taking over or indigenous kicked out. Maybe they don't see it. I don't. I do see greed and outsiders sneaking development though at Lobos. The marketing I'm reading isn't Todos -- maybe an outsiders idea of what yuppies think Todos is. They'll find out when they check things out.

Cerritos went the way Lobos has and San Pedrito is ripe for more development. Then La Pastora.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 04:24 PM

Lots of interesting reading about tres santos at the CSU newspaper's website. Make sure to check out the comments at the end of each article.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion...

[Edited on 4-30-2016 by SFandH]
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 08:34 PM

I give CSU credit for following up on events in Todos Santos and reporting them to the student body. It leads me to believe that they might have been unwittingly co-opted into "green-washing" the Tres Santos project.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 06:24 AM

Just one of the "locals" comments....

Joaquin Salgdo • 3 months ago

To Adams, Bodian, Obstfeld and the Collegian semi-reporter who wrote the uninformed and biased article-

What you wrote is just the simple mark of low class Americans trying to live an upscale life in poor and jobless Todos Santos, and desperately want to stop progress in town, we as local business owners and people that actually work are eager for this town to bloom and show the world its potential, you on the other side want to continue to live under your miserable pension as rich guys in this town that has been forgotten and disregarded form development-

Only 30 to 35 uninformed fishermen are the ones that are standing up to something that they do not understand nor want- and their leaders are being funded by americans who want to make a living out of videos and lies like Lisa Jackson and Sarah Teale-

Open your eyes students, speak wieth the peolple not with their leaders that cleary have other agenda-

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 06:25 AM

Another

Cachano Higuera • 3 months ago

a very small very unhappy frustrated group of foreign and some Mexicans
from Mexico city lazy freeloaders are those who criticize the project
they should be expelled from Mexico, they are causing a division in the town in fact 98% of the local people agree with
this source of employment, fix your culture and stay at home, Baja is not the place of alien haters
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 09:44 AM

I agree that it's interesting to read the comments. While I doubt the development enjoys 98% support of the local population, it's also undoubtedly true that the town is not unanimously opposed to the project. What remains is a dogfight between the resort's PR department and strident activists, along with the innuendo of back-door deals, crooked politicians and clueless marine biology students. The competing narratives of "Mindful Living in Paradise" versus "Salvemos Punta Lobos" have taken on lives of their own, more so than the future of the project or its true impact - good and bad - upon the community.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 05:20 PM

well said PaulDavid
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.