Author: Subject: Medical Clinics and Hospitals in Baja and Baja Sur
pacificobob
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2017 at 07:33 AM

crickets....
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2017 at 07:45 AM

Would be nice to have this all in a PDF stored on my phone.....maybe I will copy and paste and post a document online for all to download.

Headed South.
bajamary1952
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2017 at 09:16 AM

I had cataract surgery back in 2010 at Hospital Angeles in Tijuana and was very pleased with results with no problems. This chain is where all the celebrities go in Mexico as they're located in major cities. They might be more expensive than others but still much cheaper than the U.S.
The hospitals in Ensenada - haven't been there but I know several people who had bad experiences with them so might get a second opinion on that one before committing to anything.
EnsenadaDr
Elite Nomad

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 3-4-2017 at 08:25 AM

Reminds me of the late James Gandolfini. He had a great time in Rome, Italy with his son celebrating his son's graduation from 8th grade. When he returned to the hotel room, he collapsed. The son called the emergency hotel line. Reports said he was conscious when the paramedics came. When he arrived at the hospital, after working on him for almost an hour, he was pronounced dead. I am sure the hospital bill was very high considering all of the emergency services that were performed. In a cardiac arrhythmia, which usually occurs during a heart attack, you may have a pulse initially and then not after the heart goes into full cardiac arrest. To label an entire company culpable and intentionally doing something underhanded is premature. The reality is that people go on vacation, eat and drink to excess, and don't take their medication as prescribed. Even if the state of the art Lear Jet arrived at the scene, after 5 minutes and the brain is deprived of oxygen, there would be irreversible brain damage. To point fingers at paramedics who initially might have not gotten a pulse, and then 10 minutes later the hospital found there was a pulse, can happen after a person goes into complete cardiac arrest and CPR was initiated. The vacation was ruined not by the hospital but by the patient having a heart attack. Yes maybe the hospital overcharged the patient but $21,000 for a full emergency treatment on a cardiac patient in the U.S. would have been a bargain. The clot busting drugs such as Alteplase are almost $7000 a dose. We don't know what medications and treatments were used to try and revive this patient. More information is clearly needed before a conclusion of financial fraud on the part of the hospital is assumed. And paying for the entire bill in a private hospital in Mexico before the body is released is customary.

[Edited on 3-4-2017 by EnsenadaDr]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

For high speed satellite internet in Baja call +1.6197170810 - or click here to email sistemassatelitales@hotmail.com

Tijuana Walking Tours - on Meetup.com

All Content Copyright © 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.