Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: ****SOLD**** Camp Gecko Lease Available - Bahia de los Angeles
Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

Mood: Muy Pacifico

[*] posted on 5-16-2016 at 03:15 PM
****SOLD**** Camp Gecko Lease Available - Bahia de los Angeles

For Sale/Lease in Bahia de los Angeles:

I’m selling the improvements to my lot that I lease from Abraham “Doc” Vasquez at Camp Gecko four miles south of Bahia de los Angeles for $6,000. I will not lie or misrepresent this. This is a 30’ x 60’ lot to park your trailer and boats on. It is literally a stones throw from the beach and has one row of similar lots with trailers and beach houses in front.

My lot has a 12’ x 12’ concrete block garage with an 1100 liter pila on top and about 250 watts of solar panels with six 6-volt golf cart batteries and 2,500 watt inverter. Everything (structure, concrete, solar, septic, etc.) is about 12 years old. It has a wood deck that measures 12’ wide by 30’ long to provide shade for the camper underneath and also acts as a nice elevated patio. Attached to the garage is another concrete block room I started with the intention of making it a nice, large bathroom/shower. I have a 22' camper currently parked under the deck. It will easily accommodate a 26’ trailer. Adjacent to the trailer is a concrete patio that is 12’ wide and also 30’ long and I park my boats there when I am gone. It is covered by a white polycarbonate roof that extends off the deck. Look at the pics and you will understand.

I recently built a neat little cardon fence along the side to provide sun protection in the morning and privacy. It looks very nice.

What I am really selling here is the opportunity to locate in Bahia for extremely cheap and to be in a very safe area with great long-time neighbors who know their way around Baja and are wonderful company. So many people move to Baja and find themselves all alone with no one to hang out with. Camp Gecko is very different. We have lots of neighbors and usually coordinate our visits so we always have a friend to fish with, swim with, throw horse shoes, party, and eat. It is a community.

Camp Gecko is a rustic little camp and some of our neighbors are not the best house-keepers. It is what it is and we love it and are improving it on a regular basis. The way this works is that you purchase and own the improvements to the land but if and when this all ends it all goes back to Doc as the property owner. You take what you can take (your camper and gear) but the improvements built upon the land stay. Doc no longer leases new lots so buying from a current owner is the ONLY way you will ever move in.

If you are not familiar with Camp Gecko, it was a rent-by-the-day camp for many years and introduced thousands of campers and future home owners to Bahia and Baja. Then about 15 years ago Doc ended the camping and began leasing out the lots. It is in the south part of Bahia, which means it has the absolutely best weather. When the town and north beaches are disgustingly hot and windy and Rincon is all but unbearable, Camp Gecko is a welcome refuge. The winds wrap around the bay and become a refreshing ocean breeze in your face.

We are all fisherman and we talk and eat fishing. We have a rough boat ramp in front of camp that works fine for aluminum boats and even fiberglass boats with the right tide and a little help from a neighbor. We do it all the time. The whale sharks literally swim in front of camp all summer and fall. While you sleep you hear whales blow and when you wake up in the morning you see porpoise swimming along the beach.

Why am I selling? Because I leased two lots in the front row next to the ramp. So I’m just relocating my stuff about 200’ and building a nice little casita. This lot will become available in the next couple months, as soon as I build a garage on the new lot, remove the camper, and move my stuff. You and I can speak with Doc to determine details of the lease (it will be about $750 a year – but no guarantees till you speak with him). One way to look at this is your savings from parking your boats and trailer here and not paying a monthly storage fee or trailering them back and forth with all the wear, tear, blown tires, etc., will easily pay for your entire investment in a few years. It did for me. So if you are interested send me a U2U or email me at dbpescador@gmail.com. If you just want to bust on Camp Gecko then screw you and please move along. :spingrin:

[file]33835[/file] [file]33836[/file] [file]33837[/file]

[Edited on 5-17-2016 by Doug/Vamonos]

[Edited on 5-19-2016 by Doug/Vamonos]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-16-2016 at 04:51 PM

He has (buyer will have) cool neighbors, too!

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2016 at 05:38 PM

Sounds like a good deal to me!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-16-2016 at 06:41 PM

It was a lot of fun to camp and party there with Nomads over the years. It was actually about 11 years ago Doc ended the camping and cabin accommodations. Our last time there was New Years 2005.

4baja, bedman, travelpearl (Debra), GeoRock, Frank O (Soulpatch), and so many more chose Camp Gecko for permanent vacation spots.

Good luck on the sale Doug/Vamonos!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 08:12 AM

Glad to see you're not leaving Doug!

Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 09:34 AM

Let's see if you feel the same way when I paint the new place bright yellow! Actually Pacifico yellow with Pacifico blue trim! Doc already put a Pacifico red roof on it. I'm hoping Pacifico will comp me some chairs and umbrellas! And maybe a couple cajas de cerveza for the move in party!
Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 09:48 AM

If anyone by chance got in on the crazy inshore surface yellowtail bite last spring it occurred directly in front of Camp Gecko in 10-20 feet of water! We were actually catching 20lb yellowtail on surface iron immediately after pushing the boat off the trailer. Once in a lifetime fishing that was - and it may repeat again. And it's all thrown in at no added cost!
Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 10:04 AM
More pics

Cortez from my deck. And some shots of ramp and Gecko Beach.

[file]33844[/file] [file]33848[/file] [file]33850[/file] [file]33852[/file]

Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 01:53 PM

I see Dos Locos, Pam and I in the background of your last photo.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 01:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Doug/Vamonos  
If anyone by chance got in on the crazy inshore surface yellowtail bite last spring it occurred directly in front of Camp Gecko in 10-20 feet of water! We were actually catching 20lb yellowtail on surface iron immediately after pushing the boat off the trailer. Once in a lifetime fishing that was - and it may repeat again. And it's all thrown in at no added cost!

I received a report last week that my neighbor Ray, just 4 houses north of Camp Gecko, caught a few 20+ pound yellows from his kayak just off the beach.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 02:59 PM

Sashimi heaven!
David A & Yvonne were serving some I think, on a Gecko vacation of past.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 03:03 PM

Yes...I had a nicely zoomed and framed pic of Pam and then your old butt appeared! Thanks for killing the morning wood!

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 03:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob53  

I received a report last week that my neighbor Ray, just 4 houses north of Camp Gecko, caught a few 20+ pound yellows from his kayak just off the beach.

Now, THIS is how to sell some property!!!! :lol:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 04:37 PM

I can confirmed it happened last year. Fingers crossed for 2.5 weeks from now!

[Edited on 5-17-2016 by woody with a view]

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 04:44 PM

This is classic, small boat baja fisherman property at a good price. What a getaway! Another world.

How far do you need to drive to buy some cold beer?

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 05:06 PM

Almost exactly 4 miles.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 05:45 PM

Yes...I had a nicely zoomed and framed pic of Pam and then your old butt appeared! Thanks for killing the morning wood!

Now, THIS is how to sell a piece of property! Hot fishin! Hot neighbors!!
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 06:00 PM
hot neighbors

no hot neighbors just old!!!
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 06:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Almost exactly 4 miles.

:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2016 at 07:26 PM

he means it's 1 beer each way....

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.