Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Ringing Ear
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 08:58 AM

Here's what the Harvard Medical School says:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/Should_you_...

I'm going to get the vaccine.
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2016 at 10:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Here's what the Harvard Medical School says:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/Should_you_...

I'm going to get the vaccine.

Great info!
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2016 at 12:20 AM

I got my 2nd of 3 steroid injections through my eardrum today - again, very painful but seems to be helping. The good news is that the needle hole from last week was not detected.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 6-8-2016 at 01:09 AM

55steve, thanks for the motivation. I get my shingles vaccination tomorrow afternoon.

Far's Tinnitus is concerned, again there's so many different causes and reasons for it. I'm gonna take the risk and maybe cross one off my list; got enough of it already. Good luck on your journey, and thanks for the feedback; keep it coming. Steroids, like Cortisone are just plain weird; they don't really know how they work or why they work, but sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't and sometimes they make matters worse. Again, good on ya.
bb

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

movinguy
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2016 at 09:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 55steve  
I got my 2nd of 3 steroid injections through my eardrum today - again, very painful but seems to be helping. The good news is that the needle hole from last week was not detected.

55steve - hope it works for you. I had the injections - helped temporarily , but when my hearing started to fade again my doctor ordered an MRI and they found the neuroma (tumor).

Might want to discuss with your doctor . . .

Cheers
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2016 at 10:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by movinguy  
Quote: Originally posted by 55steve  

55steve - hope it works for you. I had the injections - helped temporarily , but when my hearing started to fade again my doctor ordered an MRI and they found the neuroma (tumor).

Might want to discuss with your doctor . . .

Cheers

Yeah, an MRI is in the plan if this doesn't work. What did you do about the tumor? Please send me a message if you don't want to discuss it in this forum

[Edited on 6-9-2016 by 55steve]
movinguy
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2016 at 09:45 AM

Steve - check U2U
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2019 at 01:46 PM

Well for what it worth not first hand info. My aunt has had this maddening malady for years and had to just live with it after seeing countless doctor for relief. I was recently informed that she has found relief taking the herb MORINGA. Now Google that up and you will find that it is credited for curing more things than snake oil. But according to my aunt it worked for her. You will also see that different parts of the plant are good for different things. Most citations say stay away from the root as it is toxic. good luck let us know if you try it and it works
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2019 at 03:51 PM

Some ambulance chasers have found that some company sold ear protection to the military over the years that wasn’t quite up to specs. They are flooding the airwaves looking for some old vets who can’t hear so well and could use a few extra bucks to join the lawsuit.

Quote: Originally posted by alacran  
I had this problem when in basic training in the army, at night, came too close to an ammo pit, I had Tinnitus, could not sleep, got addicted to sleeping pills, went to Walter Reed hospital, no cure.
Was offered a medical discharge fom the army .
Did not accept it, still sometimes I get the ringing in the ears, not bad anymore.That was 40 yrs. ago.
In that time we did not sue.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.