BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 'At the limit,' Mexico buckles under migrant surge to U.S.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2016 at 03:03 AM

When an illegal immigrant comes to the USA they need a SSN to work or generate ID to be documented but they can't get one legally, so they make up a SSN, or buy/use a stolen SSN, they often use either the stolen name with SSN or make one up so it mismatches but isn't caught by employers I-9 on w-2 who do not verify.

ID thieves may never work at all, and use stolen SSN to get a DL or other id then generate fines and bad credit or simply file many false tax returns for deductions or credits. If someone files a tax return on your SSN before you you may or may not be informed. If you use electronic filing (quickbooks) you will be notified and you will need to file a form to declare the prior false filing and subsequent correction.

You may become aware of SSN theft when you receive a letter from the IRS but if it is associated with your SSN and another address you may never know, unless you check your credit score and find issues or get sent notice of IRS delinquency, unpaid tickets or other artifact from stolen ID. Often times people who file late are most affected sine the false forms got filed first (so file early). If you hang out in campgrounds of expat enclaves you may hear the panic as late april 15th filings are rejected due to having been already filed by id thieves causing the filings to become truly late. People panic, it causes fines and headaches, unless you are are capable to file electronic forms to correct the filing and send declarations to credit reporting agencies declaring corrections to credit issues while you are in Mexico.

Nomads may be more likely to be victims because they travel to Mexico and may put their SSN on documents (FMM?) which then are shared or stolen. It happened to me. I have many mexican friends, both illegals in USA who explain the process they use to work and mexican americans who have had their name stolen and when it came time to file, their return was rejected on the fist filing since it had already been filed.

Children's SSN are stolen so they won't know until they begin to use their SSN and find their credit history is ruined and their IRS history has false filings.

Here is an article from the center for immigration studies and another from the Boston Globe showing that in 2013 1.6 million false returns were identified for billions of dollars, and many are not identified. "In 2004, the IRS got 7.9 million W-2s with names that didn’t match a Social Security number."
http://cis.org/IdentityTheft
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2014/02/16/identity-...

The issue is huge and the IRS is not doing an adequate job to verify returns and is sending billions of tax payer dollars to foreign nationals, often electronically, who remit funds back to other countries removing the money from our USA GNP where it would help our economy.

This issue is caused by IRS failure to verify SSN with names, and signatures. E-filings may be being hacked. This massive IRS fraud is used as justification for amnesty for illegals. So here we have another case of Federal ineptness and corruption by design that hurts everyone of us and allows illegal migrants to burden each of us and our country financially and instead of addressing the issue is used to support amnesty for criminals as opposed to ending federal support of illegal immigration.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/taxes/wave-fake-federal-stat...

https://www.carolinajournal.com/news-article/tax-preparer-ex...

It's nice to know that Nomad's are reading, asking questions sharing and becoming informed about US federal corruption. It's understandable this makes people mad and they want to attack the messenger. This corruption is not a oversight, a mistake, or an oopsie. The federal corruption is by design within CBP, ICE, DHS and IRS will not go away until we become aware, share knowledge and experience and hold them to task to put an end to Federal administration corruption that supports mass illegal immigration, crime, drug cartels and fraud.

[Edited on 6-13-2016 by gnukid]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2016 at 07:11 AM

Thanks, Paul. Well stated.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 11:48 AM

Illegal immigration:

A short and appropriate video report from a San Diego TV Station just sent to me.

http://www.kusi.com/Clip/12667034/special-report-border-cris...
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 01:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Who said I was joking? If it is as flagrant as you purport it to be, then you should be leading the charge to stop it, rather than posting on the internet. I don't think anyone in government is very interested in stopping it for lots of reasons. I doubt that will change much. Too much big money involved. I lived and worked on the Mexican border, Sierra Vista Az. Bisbee, Las Cruces NM....I have crossed that border my guess, upward of a thousand times....Throwing stuff around to make a political point doesn't impress me....

Your about the last one anyone cares if your impressed or not by this post. It is legitimate, cites pertinent information, deserves attention from interested Nomads, and if not, simply ignore it and try to get a life rather than mucking up the post with your usual sarcastic remarks.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 01:19 PM

Thank you for your input Lancair Driver!

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 03:15 PM

The simple fact that the American Southwest was once a part of Mexico, and I will just go beyond so much of the known stuff, people just have to stop going bat guano and realize that the US Southwest and Mexico have a shared heritage. can we please get over this??

I have been a member of this website for a very long time, and I just have a huge problem with folks on this site siding with with idea that it is imperative that we deport people.

The recent numbers are showing that the target group for deportation is Central Americans, as is the preponderance of what group the Obama administration is actively deporting. I suppose you can condemn Mexico for alleged and tacitly allowing Central Americans to transit tie country, but Screw Trump. The US and Mexico are long time partners. Do not mess with that partnership.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 10:37 PM

President Bill Clinton in 1995 – State of the Union address. Does the Democrat party remember / know about this?

https://www.c-span.org/video/? c4351026/clinton-1995-immigrat ion-sotu

(this may not be a "live" link, but copy and paste it if not)

[Edited on 8-25-2016 by Barry A.]
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2016 at 04:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

President Bill Clinton in 1995 – State of the Union address. Does the Democrat party remember / know about this?

The Democrat party title is so typical of the right wing. Used as a pejorative. The name is THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2016 at 10:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  

The Democrat party title is so typical of the right wing. Used as a pejorative. The name is THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

Actually, I have always thought that "Democrat Party" was the correct name, and it made sense to me. I am sorry if I was wrong, and did not mean to offend. I certainly have never thought that the Democrats had a singular right to being "Democratic". LOL

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-25-2016 at 11:16 PM

How about the great American Republican Amnesty President Ronald Reagan, who pushed through amnesty legislation for Mexican immigrants back in the 80's.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Split
9-27-2016 at 09:04 PM
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.