BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bahia De Los Angeles
bajathmpr

[*] posted on 9-4-2003 at 06:11 PM
Bahia De Los Angeles

My friends and I usually go to Bahia in mid-March to go off-roading. We are planning an extra trip for this upcoming New Year's holiday. Just wanted to know what kind of weather in Bahia in the Dec-Jan? How crowded for such a big holiday? Anyone have contact info (if there such a thing) for Las Hamacas Hotel so we might be able to let Jose know we are coming. Is there anything extra or a party for the New Year in Bahia? Thanks in advance.
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2003 at 06:20 PM

A gaggle of us were there last New Years. The Diaz ranch has an annual party and pretty much the whole town turns out, locals and tourists both. It was great. We stayed at Larry and Raquels in their rental house and the weather was good - shorts during the day and cool enough for campfires at night.
BajaBronco
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2003 at 06:36 PM
would love to...

check this place out, we've heard so much cool things about it. :cool:

Bryan & Marissa
www.mcdigitaldesign.com
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2003 at 08:48 PM
Warning, warning.......

You had better be ready for the best time in your life!,..... you must dance with several 3 and 5yr. olds. (circle dance) and 80 yr.olds (with the 3 and 5yr. olds!) The village goes "wild" every rancher and their family comes for the town dance and it's the best time I've ever had!!!!! Don't miss it!!!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-9-2003 at 11:48 PM

That's for certain! Last New Year's Eve fiesta was the second I attended at Casa Diaz. Earle and Eric (Amigos de Baja) were there, too. Earle took several photos... I hope he will share them, some day!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2003 at 01:34 PM
YIKES!!!!

Photos?!! Please tell me, there aren't photos!!!!

Once again, thanks to Carly (Mike H's hopefully, D-I-L some day) for saving me! That 80 something year old was wearing me out! :saint:
bajathmpr

[*] posted on 9-10-2003 at 04:50 PM

Do the hotels fill up quickly that week? Or will getting a couple of rooms at Las hamacas not a problem? Is there any kind of contact info for Las Hamacas? Thanks, looks like we're in for a great Fiesta!!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2003 at 05:57 PM

Debra, that was Herman (the old prospector) who danced with you and the other amigas de Baja who were at the Diaz fiesta. Only Yvonne A. managed to escape a dance with Herman.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

dug
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2003 at 02:32 PM
it can get cold

Check the weather before you go. Christmas Eve 1988 (before the airheads created global warming with their constant whining) we got snow while camped about half-way between the level of highway coming to the bay and the level of town. Christmas day we drove to the cave paintings on the way to Mission San Borja and there was snow on the ground. Christmas night the temperature in my pickup, camped near San Borja, dropped below freezing.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2003 at 10:43 AM
David.....

I know very well the name of the gentalman that kept me dancing, (I was trying to being discreet and not mentioning any names) :) DUH!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-22-2005 at 10:33 PM

hi does any one know the condition of the www.campdaggetts.com
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2005 at 10:43 PM

Wow, you sure dragged up an old thread (Sept. 2003)!

You want to know the condition of a web site or the camp? Ask fishinrich who is there (Bahia) now... He might be at Daggett's???

MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2005 at 01:01 PM
Herman Hill

Debra & DK,

Here's a recent photo of Herman Hill, just in case you needed a memory flashback. Quite a character.
Ted

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2005 at 05:25 PM

Here's a more recent photo of my "dad", taken mid Aug.

Debra, not to worry about the dance floor this year as I've got dibs on him. I've got his dance card pretty full for this coming New Year's eve! He's recovering from a broken rib right now, but he should be back to his good old self soon.

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 9-26-2005 at 08:51 PM

Hey...I've danced with Herman on New Years, too! Neil had better make a showing or he might lose us all! Perhaps the aridologist has met his match???!!

:biggrin:

[Edited on 9-27-2005 by jeans]

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 09:40 AM

Boy, boy, how quickly we forget how to spell my name!
Paulina, can I have the next dance?

Posted from Utah!

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal Johns
Boy, boy, how quickly we forget how to spell my name!

Lo Siento Mucho, Kneal! I went into default mode as that is the way my grandfather spelled his name.....honest
:saint:

Happy Trails

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 07:14 PM

Yes, Neal, you can have the next dance. And when I finally get to take my rightful place as WIW #1, you'll never want to leave that dance floor!

However, when it comes time for me to officially hold that title, you'll have to ask my dad's permission first. He'll most likely consent as Heman is a good judge of character.

As far as Herman giving you competition in the WIW field, his first question to all perspective spouses is, "Do you do windows?" So, I think that you might have him bested at this point.

Besides, all of Herman's WIW's have to pass my inspection...I can't have just any SMIW, you know! (Step Mom in Waiting)!!!

Here is a photo of Herman in one of his new suits. He bought this one and a Tux. "One to be married in and one to be burried in", he told me. The later of which "...will be way out of fashion when that time finally comes around" he assured me. Here he is caught celebrating "the next to the last day of the year", complete with a "Mar-gur-eee- tuh" as he would pronounce it, Dec. 30th, 2004.

Line 'em up ladies!
P.<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.