Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 2017 Baja Pole Line Run stickers
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2016 at 06:48 AM

Timing for the leDuc trip is bad for us.
BTW, Cost is 1900 per vehicle
Another trip of interest: A lot cheaper than the longer 9 day Cameron Steel trip at 5400 +food and lodging in Loretto
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2016 at 06:49 AM

David ,
Nice job with the mapping. Did you add the custom notes & trails then scan the result?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-17-2016 at 08:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
David ,
Nice job with the mapping. Did you add the custom notes & trails then scan the result?

Hi Paul, all that was done on Photobucket from my scanned maps.
1) Click onto the map image you want to add arrows or text or whatever to.
2) Click onto the EDIT icon (a square with a paintbrush on it).
3) Choose ENHANCE to improve the photo/ map.
4) Choose STICKERS to add arrows or other things.
5) Choose TEXT (scroll to the right) to add words to the map.
6) Click SAVE.

If anyone would like me to post sample images for each step, I can and will make a new thread for that.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2016 at 08:23 AM

David,
I will be darned I never thought to see what could be done on Photobucket.
Works out good.
Thanks
==
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
David ,

Hi Paul, all that was done on Photobucket from my scanned maps.
1) Click onto the map image you want to add arrows or text or whatever to.
2) Click onto the EDIT icon (a square with a paintbrush on it).
3) Choose ENHANCE to improve the photo/ map.
4) Choose STICKERS to add arrows or other things.
5) Choose TEXT (scroll to the right) to add words to the map.
6) Click SAVE.

If anyone would like me to post sample images for each step, I can and will make a new thread for that.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2016 at 12:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
Hey David,

Its always when a friend of a friend comes along when problems arise - just kidding!

I am giving my Jeep a $5,000 makeover this week, and I'm as healthy as ever - having fought back against my Type 2 Diabetes.
My only challenge is arranging a date when it will work with my vacation time and everyone elses. I need to complete the run and have time to return home without being rushed or having to pull an all-nighter with work the next day. Either early January, mid February or the weekend preceeding Thanksgiving work best.

I plan on making new Pole Line apparel for the event once a date gets nailed down. Another design of stickers will be produced as well! If I can get everyone's preferred time of year, month of year then I can get the ball rolling.

I also want to mail these stickers out to people to stick them in high-visibility locations to drum up a lot of excitement like we had in 2015. Give me your mailing address and I'll send you 10 stickers (free). This way, everyone hears about the 2017 Baja Pole Line Run!:bounce:

Ken in Jan. there is the MLK holiday weekend.

Feb. has Presidents holiday weekend.

The weekend before Thanksgiving is the Baja 1000 race.

I'm retired so anytime is good for me.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2016 at 04:11 PM

I would love for Baja Angel to go on the run (she loves the Mission Santa Marķa run so much, as it reminds her of the Rubicon Trail at Tahoe she used to Jeep on with her CJ-5)!

Any run that involves the need for Low Range, A-TRAC, or Lockers is a GOOD RUN... because it is done SLOW (the opposite of run).

However, her next three day weekend is Memorial Day. Vacation time already applied (today ends a 2-week vacation) and in November we go on vacation again.

[Edited on 7-17-2016 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 7-17-2016 at 07:19 PM
Possible 2017 Baja Pole Line Run dates

*The 31st of December through the 2nd of January looks real easy - most people have paid holidays at that time.

*Presidents Day Weekend is also very good. The days/nights will be a little warmer than in December.

*The weekend preceeding Thanksgiving will also be a little warmer than in January, but we might bump into the Baja 1000 participants.

Winter -- (2016) December 31, (2017) January 1, January 2

Winter -- 2017 February 18, 19, 20

Fall -- 2017 November 18, 19, 20

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2016 at 07:33 PM
Got FREE stickers?

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  

I'm offering free stickers to ppl on this thread. Please U2U me your information so I can mail them out. Baja Nomad has flood protection and will only allow me to U2U once every 10 or 20 minutes.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2016 at 08:44 PM

I thought Easter weekend was perfect, not cold.

ChuckMRN

[*] posted on 7-19-2016 at 08:22 PM

Glad to see you getting ready for another PLR trip Ken. Had a blast on your 2015 run. Sold my 2011 JKU and now have a 2016 in the old garage up on blocks with 350 miles on it (had to empty the tank before I could remove it). New parts include Atlas, Dana 60's F&R on 40's. I hope to be done by the time your trip rolls around.

Chuck
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2016 at 08:51 PM

Chuck, I don't know how you could improve over your last Rubicon, but I look forward to seeing it on the trail!

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2016 at 08:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ChuckMRN  
Glad to see you getting ready for another PLR trip Ken. Had a blast on your 2015 run. Sold my 2011 JKU and now have a 2016 in the old garage up on blocks with 350 miles on it (had to empty the tank before I could remove it). New parts include Atlas, Dana 60's F&R on 40's. I hope to be done by the time your trip rolls around.

Chuck

Your 2011 was amazing. My 2003 is at 4WheelParts receiving a 4.5" RE long-arm system with rear tri-link, front RE truss w/PT-MEG RE upper control arm mounts/bushings, new exhaust, driveshaft, Metalcloak RE delete front track bar. In January, it was regeared 4.88 with Ten Factory axleshafts. MODS, MODS, MODS! :)

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 7-20-2016 at 04:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ChuckMRN  

Chuck

Hey chuck how ya been? Jeep sounds like it will be awesome.
ChuckMRN

[*] posted on 7-20-2016 at 07:10 AM

Thanks for the kind words Dave. This one will be something that I will have done all on my own. The first thing I purchased for the build was a plasma cutter!

Ken, all excellent choices for sure. Can't wait to see it in action.

Ed! Hope all is well with you and yours. Had to take the offer on the 2011. My hopes are this thing can keep up with yours in pinch climbing and towing rigs up steep walls!

Here's to hoping it all comes together in time for another awesome Baja Run by the Trail Boss!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2016 at 08:17 AM

Here's the group photo from last year's run:

Chuck and Jeep on the 1942 cobblestone grade dropping to Arroyo Jaquejel.

Chuck finds an insulator off the poles that ran the telephone line to our radar base in San Felipe.

[Edited on 7-20-2016 by David K]

ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2016 at 09:05 AM

Doing all the work yourself is pretty ambitious and something to be proud of. Hope it's done in time.
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2016 at 06:05 AM

Got a couple more guys from work interested. One guy had sworn off Mexico years ago but the Pole Line sticker on the coffee machine caught his eye.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2016 at 07:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  
Got a couple more guys from work interested. One guy had sworn off Mexico years ago but the Pole Line sticker on the coffee machine caught his eye.

I love it! Wait till you see the new t-shirts that I am having designed.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.