Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Fidiecomiso help near Mulege
healthdetective
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 09:54 AM
Fidiecomiso help near Mulege

Hello all,
Can anyone recommend someone to help me navigate a fidecomiso on a simple property I intend to purchase in the Mulege area in the coming very near future. Bi-lingual person would be awesome but open to all possibilities.
Thank you.

“The average man does not want to be free. He simply wants to be safe.” — Mencken
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 11:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by healthdetective  
Hello all,
Can anyone recommend someone to help me navigate a fidecomiso on a simple property I intend to purchase in the Mulege area in the coming very near future. Bi-lingual person would be awesome but open to all possibilities.
Thank you.

It very much depends on where exactly the property is located. In and around Mulege many properties are Ejido Land. Which is not a problem if you buy from the Ejido Community. Don`t even think about buying from an Ejido family - privately.
Most of the land southbound the carreterra was disputed in court for some 20 years or so. Between Don Johnson and the Ejido Community. Johnson lost! He could not show any evidence that he ever paid for the land. > that's what I know.
So, before anybody can help you with your question, you gotto come up with the location you are reflecting on.

healthdetective
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 12:30 PM

Thank you for your input. The property is in Punta Chivato.

“The average man does not want to be free. He simply wants to be safe.” — Mencken
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 12:57 PM

you should ask your neighbors. They, for the most part, have been there a very long time.

Beautiful area you chose BTW!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajaumpaw
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 01:18 PM

NADIA MIRANDA LIZARDI SHE IS A LAWYER AND LIVES IN MULEGE SPEAKS GOOD ENGLISH 615-104-3222 nadiamlmulege@hotmail.com Tell her Texas Jerry recommend her.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 02:01 PM

The person that everyone trusts at Punta Chivato is Julieta Medina. Her phone is 615-104-6266. She is bilingual and very aware of everything at Punta Chivato.
healthdetective
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 02:05 PM

You guys are the best. Thank you!

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 05:21 PM

Maybe its just me, but I have never thought about Punto Chivato and Mulege in the same breath. Perhaps Nomad Russ can share here, but I always thought that folks in Punto Chivato looked towards Santa Rosalia as their place for shopping, Etc.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 06:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Maybe its just me, but I have never thought about Punto Chivato and Mulege in the same breath. Perhaps Nomad Russ can share here, but I always thought that folks in Punto Chivato looked towards Santa Rosalia as their place for shopping, Etc.

I am a newcomer to Punta Chivato, but I shop in Palo Verde, Mulege and Santa Rosalia. Obviously, Palo Verde is the closest. Mulege next, and Santa Rosalia after that. The little store in Palo Verde has most of the stuff I may need. Mulege has almost everything imaginable. And Santa Rosalia's Ley and Coppel have all of the above, and then a lot more.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 07:25 PM

I heard that Julieta is now in La Paz? So,I am thinking that Mulege Jerry's recommendation might be better.

Good luck with whomever you choose.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 07:42 PM

Most folks here in Asuncion have used Alonso Lopez who speaks English and is an agent who handles these kinds of tramites. His email is alonsobaja@gmail.com

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 07:53 PM

Julieta is in La Paz but still handles a lot of things that go on at Chivato.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 10:33 PM

Punta Chivato is certainly a nice spot. No doubt. But there is a But you should think about before buying. No water no power.
Water is carried in by truck. Power = solar = hassle with batteries and such. If you like the Mulege area, why not thinking about Mulege itself.
Power and water as much as you can pay for. Just an idea.
Good Luck anyway.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 10:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
Punta Chivato is certainly a nice spot. No doubt. But there is a But you should think about before buying. No water no power.
Water is carried in by truck. Power = solar = hassle with batteries and such. If you like the Mulege area, why not thinking about Mulege itself.
Power and water as much as you can pay for. Just an idea.
Good Luck anyway.

While you can certainly carry water in by truck, Punta Chivato has a water system piping water directly to your house.

You get your power through solar, batteries and/or generators.

Mulege has an advantage when it comes to internet access though. In Punta Chivato, you have to get it through satellite.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2016 at 11:02 PM

[Edit removing JC43 quote to try to fix formatting issue in this thread.]

Most of Baja was Ejido land at some point. it is my understanding that buying directly from the "Ejido Community" does not ensure there are no problems. (I think this is what happened in Punta Banda, anyone?)

Instead, you have to make sure that the Ejido has properly converted the land to private property to allow for sale. See link:

http://www.mexicolaw.com.mx/articles/can-i-buy-ejido-land

"Ejido land is not private property and cannot be bought and sold as if it were. However, since the constitutional reforms of 1992 ejido land now can be converted into private property and sold to third parties, including foreigners."

[Edited on 7-13-2016 by BigBearRider]
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2016 at 09:06 AM

Are you back in Salida??
would be glad to get with you for lunch sometime, maybe we can help answer some questions... We have property in Mulege and Chivato...
It is always somewhat of a challenge but an be done w/o too much stress..
We are on the other side of the Hayden fire from you.. looks like they are letting it burn over 12K acres now and zero containment... it is about 12 or so miles straight west of us...
Take care and will try to talk with you soon..

Quote: Originally posted by healthdetective  
You guys are the best. Thank you!

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
healthdetective
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2016 at 10:10 AM

mtnpop

Yes I am back in Salida and would be happy to break bread with you after the smoke clears (pardon the pun)

u2u me if you want my number

or email healthdetective9@hotmail.com

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2016 at 10:44 AM

@ B B Rider.
That is exactly what I was trying to say. But thanks for more info. The Ejido Community in Mulege has converted the land for private sale. So there is no problem at all.
But again. Do not buy from private Ejido Families. There comes the problem for sure. Buying from the Ejido Community is safe. You are getting a contract which is bullet proof.
alacran
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2016 at 11:00 AM

Mulege and Chivato are 2 separate ejidos
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2016 at 11:02 AM

Good point. Punta Chivato is the San Bruno Ejido, if I recall correctly.

It is not necessarily safe to by straight from an Ejido. They must have converted the land for sale first.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.