Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Baja tour
Curt Leduc Baja tours

[*] posted on 7-17-2016 at 07:53 PM
Baja tour

This is Curt Leduc Offroad Hall of Fame driver and am now hosting guided trips to Baja. My next trip is August 22-25. 3 nites 4 days,150 miles in the dirt each day. It includes 3 meals a day and hotels. We cross and return at Tecate and depending on the weather we can see San Felipe, Mikes Sky Rancho, Melling ranch,San Quintine and the last night In Guadalupe wine valley. These trips have all been prerun,GPS,timed and approved for Fun and Adventure! My e mail is thefadingtrailofbajalegends@gmail.com. Jeeps,4seat buggies,Raptors,4x4 trucks with upgraded suspension and pre runners. Baja to me is this simple, Chasing Dreams,Trophies and Sunsets.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
7-17-2016 at 08:05 PM
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2016 at 08:46 PM

welcome! I suggested your tour earlier but some want to see your steekers first! :lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-17-2016 at 08:50 PM

Welcome to Baja Nomad Curt!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2016 at 10:44 AM
Leduc Tour

How about a small hint at the cost.

Thanks, John M
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2016 at 12:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
How about a small hint at the cost.

Thanks, John M

=========
1900/vehicle
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2016 at 04:37 PM

San Quintin is not spelled with an e at the end. Just sayin'.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-18-2016 at 04:55 PM

Welcome to Nomads, Curt. Hope your endeavors work out better than expected (and good luck to that). As a newbie you'll notice some have to 'pile on', happens to the best and worst of us. Howodd's skill and expertise as a Hotelier, Restaurateur, Weather Forecaster (all from today's recent posts) and of course, language instructor and Professor Emeritus of 2nd Grade Spelling Bees are only far exceeded by his good looks. After all, a world traveler who has a golf course condo in Los Cabos and a special Room in Disney Castle will set your record straight. Learn well from the Masters, the site is full of 'em.

Again, have fun off-road and hope you keep the black side down.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Curt Leduc Baja tours

[*] posted on 7-18-2016 at 05:25 PM
Baja tour

The cost for a 3 nite 4 day trip is $1900.00 per truck. We supply a chase truck with trailer and tools to get you back home if needed. Limit is 15 vehicles with 8 minimum. Pick a date that works for you and we will organize the group you can join. I must apologize for my spelling as most of my time in Baja I was going as fast as I could and NEVER slowed down to read the spelling on all these amazing places. For 30 years my only job was to turn Money into Dust. Thanks Curt Leduc
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-19-2016 at 10:58 AM

Best of luck on your new venture in Baja.

Udo Winkler (yes, that one!)

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

o3dave
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2016 at 02:20 PM

I hope a go pro video of the trip is included in the price. I have a feeling if riding shotgun with Curt or Kyle Leduc in a race prepped raptor, I would not likely get to see anything but the inside of my eyelids. It might be best to mute the audio as well!

Good luck Curt, very cool new endeavor.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-19-2016 at 03:09 PM

Cant we all get along?

Lets all gather our toyota tacomas around a campfire on dirt island and sing kumbaya!
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2016 at 04:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Welcome to Nomads, Curt. Hope your endeavors work out better than expected (and good luck to that). As a newbie you'll notice some have to 'pile on', happens to the best and worst of us. Howodd's skill and expertise as a Hotelier, Restaurateur, Weather Forecaster (all from today's recent posts) and of course, language instructor and Professor Emeritus of 2nd Grade Spelling Bees are only far exceeded by his good looks. After all, a world traveler who has a golf course condo in Los Cabos and a special Room in Disney Castle will set your record straight. Learn well from the Masters, the site is full of 'em.

Again, have fun off-road and hope you keep the black side down.

Can't get over me, can you? Wanna have gay sex? That's the vibe I'm getting.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2016 at 04:42 PM

Curts guided tour sounds like a blast! get out there while you can before more trails are closed and more gates are locked!:bounce:

buddha and howodd knockin it out.....priceless!:lol:
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-19-2016 at 08:54 PM

GEE, Wille...... you were the very first to pile on me as a newbie back in April of 2013, and you're still a prik. Used to it now, just nice to warn future targets. You and Howodd aught to get a room together, just sayin'............ :bounce:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-6-2017 at 07:54 AM

Welcome to the Nomad sandbox Curt....it was nice meeting you last week here in Bahia Asuncion...the villagers enjoyed seeing all the cool trucks and the little gift giveaway.

Everyone in this group seemed to be really having fun.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

Mood: rather be on the beach at Gonzaga

[*] posted on 7-6-2017 at 11:02 AM

So...am in the wrong line of work..or is my math off? ...9 meals (+/-). 3 hotel nights......my gas and my truck and Im gonna pay $1900 for the the tour guide? $1900 x 8 = $15,200 Max of 15 =$28,500 for THREE days?? Please help me understand how this is a deal...
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-6-2017 at 01:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dizzyspots  
So...am in the wrong line of work..or is my math off? ...9 meals (+/-). 3 hotel nights......my gas and my truck and Im gonna pay $1900 for the the tour guide? $1900 x 8 = $15,200 Max of 15 =$28,500 for THREE days?? Please help me understand how this is a deal...

it's $475/day, which is a bit steep in my book for an all-inclusive that does not include any transportation.

and the hotels/meals cost no more than $120/day.

BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2017 at 08:25 PM

Yeah! Another one selling out! Lets keep it up. :mad:

Hope you teach to respect the land and locals.

[Edited on 7-7-2017 by BooJumMan]

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 04:33 AM

I cant believe we need yet another "Off road tour operator"..Ultimately means more locked gates, closed areas unfriendly people...

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 07:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BooJumMan  

Hope you teach to respect the land and locals.
[Edited on 7-7-2017 by BooJumMan]

One thing I have learned in this life is that diversity is positive, there are all sorts of wonderful people in all walks of life and economic positions. I know wealthy a$$hats and poor ones, amazing inspirational people of all colours, creeds & status....so I try not to judge by what someone does, or charges. What turns people's crank is always interesting to me even though it may not be my thing...we all are unique in what thrills us.

Some people want good service from someone experienced in their field and are willing and can afford to pay for it with hard earned money. Others dont give a crap and think they know it all and dont want a guide or simply cant afford a famous one!

But like Boojum Man mentioned above....I too hope that these tours are respectful and build bridges instead of ripping up roads. I can't say as I have never been on one of these trips, but it would be great if there was an educational aspect to them and the group interacted with locals. Even though coming to Asuncion was just a lunch stop, this Mission Tour group spent a couple hours with the kids and families and it was very positive.

The back roads are traveled by ranchers and their visitors so safety and respect is critical. And if it helps out these remote areas economically well GREAT! I imagine such a tour would be very well thought out, have all the permissions and be well implemented as well as have good relations with their hosts along the way. If other stops get the reaction they got from our village, I see is positive impact.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.