Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja tour
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 08:13 AM

Ditto to Shari's reply!

Baja has room for all the new people who use the tours service to be introduced to Baja.

Naturally, they should use existing open roads and not bushwack cross country... with so many dirt roads in Baja, there.

Baja Education is my passion and there is always so much more to a location story than most know. The mission period and the pre-pavement automobile period are my two favorite history studies in Baja.

Once you have been to Baja... you just 'can't get enough'! As witnessed during my 2016 Baja Extreme Tour with four 4x4 Toyotas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAWGzW4bR9Q

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 03:30 PM

Sure glad you included your 2016 Baja Extreme Tour....Thanks

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 03:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Sure glad you included your 2016 Baja Extreme Tour....Thanks

actually these days he prefers 2016 baja Extreme "research expedition"! :smug:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 03:52 PM

There are several organized tour groups for motorcycles, ATVs, buggies and trucks. The established groups do their home work and use roads and trails that do not trespass over land that the owner doesn't want them on. They bring money to Baja in the way of gas, hotels, restaurants etc.

There are always a few people that will go over land they shouldn't and go thru Keep out signs and basically don't respect other peoples property. They give every off roader a black eye with their stupidity.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 03:53 PM

OK

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-8-2017 at 01:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Curt Leduc Baja tours  
The cost for a 3 nite 4 day trip is $1900.00 per truck. ....... For 30 years my only job was to turn Money into Dust. Thanks Curt Leduc

Curt,
Good luck....turning Dust into Money :light: :biggrin:

Folks on this board tend to do a month or two in Baja off-road for 2 grand....but by the looks of the pics in Bahia Asuncion, you are findin folks willing to pay the ticket.

Don't believe everything you think....
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2017 at 02:22 PM

I don't know about who does a 4 wheel vehicle tour but the motorcycle tours attract mostly riders that either have not been to Baja or not often or they are from back east. Some do it because they are thinking of doing a Baja SCORE race and want to get the lay of the land. Also some do it to have a family thing like dtbushpilot and his son Thad. They did a week ride all the way down with Tim Morton.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2017 at 02:27 PM

I was at Mikes Sky Ranch a few years ago and there was a MC tour group with maybe 20 or more bikes. That's pretty large, I think most MC tours like to keep it under 10, easier to control and keep track of. 10 would include the leader and the drag bike. Cameron Steel has sometimes over 30 in his Rip to the tip run. But his runs only have experienced rider, not beginners.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2017 at 02:34 PM

There is no more room for off Road tours down here outside Cabo. Dozens of em. Migrino Ejido & others have been bought out for the majority of their Quad, Razor, Buggy rentals $$. The beach area, river arroyos, and mountain roads are all torn up with day tourists from Cabo. Nothing educational going on...fast and furious! Sadly, the Ranchero kids are drawn to Cabo for work and money. Surf lessons dominate Cerritos Beach ; It's been a few years since I got my feet wet there. Glad there's still secret spots and I'm not telling, unless you buy the beer! Tio :bounce:

[Edited on 7-8-2017 by tiotomasbcs]
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2017 at 03:24 PM

Sounds like a blast! Let's see some pictures posted when you are done.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-8-2017 at 04:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
There is no more room for off Road tours down here outside Cabo. Dozens of em. Migrino Ejido & others have been bought out for the majority of their Quad, Razor, Buggy rentals $$. The beach area, river arroyos, and mountain roads are all torn up with day tourists from Cabo. Nothing educational going on...fast and furious! Sadly, the Ranchero kids are drawn to Cabo for work and money. Surf lessons dominate Cerritos Beach ; It's been a few years since I got my feet wet there. Glad there's still secret spots and I'm not telling, unless you buy the beer! Tio :bounce:

Thankfully much of baja is inaccessible to motor bikes! :D:bounce:
I value baja for still providing opportunities to be far away from any knuckle draggers and their infernal noise and dust! :D:bounce:
Heres to hoping more land is closed to knuckledragging! :light::spingrin:
Keep your stinking noise and dust in glamis! :light::spingrin:
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 2-26-2018 at 08:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  

Thankfully much of baja is inaccessible to motor bikes! :D:bounce:
I value baja for still providing opportunities to be far away from any knuckle draggers and their infernal noise and dust! :D:bounce:
Heres to hoping more land is closed to knuckledragging! :light::spingrin:
Keep your stinking noise and dust in glamis! :light::spingrin:
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 2-26-2018 at 08:27 AM

Great old post MT666 only thing that stinks in Baja is you loser. Also thankful dirt bikes can go where Idiots like you cant go. Of course that's if you could get out of your chair. Must smell bad in that chair stinky. JAAAA
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.