BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  11
Author: Subject: New Locked gate coming.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-22-2016 at 11:15 AM

I would like to see the hot spring and any old mines (Valladares?). Thank you, Larry.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-22-2016 at 04:51 PM

How about the one in San Vicente David also. Waiting for your vacation time.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2016 at 05:58 PM

A hot spring (or mine) in San Vicente???
I just came home from 5 days vacation in Baja... Next one in September, but it will be back at our beach near San Felipe again... It was so comfortable for Baja Angel, she wants to go back at the next opportunity.

Baja Heat is good medicine! :cool:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2016 at 06:58 PM

Hot spring in S.V Funny thing just talked to two couples that live in San Felipe. Said its too hot there,so there here on the beach. Your all nuts its too hot both places,take care David. I have a friend with home in San Felipe. Invited me over in Sept,Question since you know the area. The few times I was there riding bikes. It only was deep sand endless miles of woops. Any good wheeling there outside the woops.?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2016 at 07:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Hot spring in S.V Funny thing just talked to two couples that live in San Felipe. Said its too hot there,so there here on the beach. Your all nuts its too hot both places,take care David. I have a friend with home in San Felipe. Invited me over in Sept,Question since you know the area. The few times I was there riding bikes. It only was deep sand endless miles of woops. Any good wheeling there outside the woops.?

Miles and miles of roads, washes, and riding... You can go between the sea and the sierra in several canyons and washes, besides the dirt roads.
How close to town is the hot spring of San Vicente?

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2016 at 09:05 AM

4 way to SV hot spring.Short way 35/45 min. Neat route water crossings,4x4 maybe needed to go this way. Next time I go will get pictures.Way too hot now.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2016 at 09:21 AM

OK... so really not in San Vicente but maybe 10-15 miles away... 10-4!

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2016 at 12:22 PM

Ok some what good news. My friend that owns 3 ranchos up there and one Cabin in forest said.The Rancho name is Arroyo Hondo. He said she is in same Ejido as he is.Also said at the meetings she is Cabrona. Said she cant not lock out people from passing past,unless Ejido permits it. They will not as other ranchos need pass that way. This is what I would do Hoping she wont lock gate anyway. All that pass that way,please go slow,dont make dust(yes that means 2mph near plants) If she tells you same story like she did me. I did not argue with her,to further make trouble. Even that she could not stop us,I left as she wanted. Please take this advice. Next month I will ride with rancher friend (that is dirt biker). Up there to recon other route,and talk to her again if she is there. With this info.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 7-23-2016 at 12:33 PM

Bajatrailrider, you are so on point here. The more people misuse and speed through the rancher land the more it will get shut down. I hate to see it, but the days of wide open Baja are getting fewer. Getting onto beaches is also going away. Not many that read Nomads are guilty but I have meet people that should not have been there( someplace in Baja) that found out about that place form nomads.
:(:(:mad:

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2016 at 01:20 PM

No one knows this more then me MMC. I moved (retired here to do) Dirt biking/4x4 off road.Being a local here,with ranchers as close by as across the road.They are cool,whats not cool is no respect from people.With me biking/ off roading almost every week. I still have found new abandoned routes. I always take time to stop at rancho house on the trail. To see if all is good,help them if in need. On my new routes that are not traveled by anyone.I dont share them with people I dont know.As you never know when they come back with racer brains.Or worse GPS it.All the nomads I know are cool and respectful.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2016 at 03:48 PM

Yes, all are... and if there are areas outsiders are asked to avoid, how about publishing them so none of us unintentionally drives into said area.

Yes, non-Nomads read this site, and if they choose not to respect the land then karma will catch up to them.

Most of us four wheelers are not racers and want to enjoy the bad roads and scenery. Our best trips off roading (four wheeling is a better term, since we are on roads) are the Mission Santa Marķa road and the Pole Line Road, both done a lot in Low Range and slow.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2016 at 06:21 PM

hmmm. guess we need to revisit the bolt cutter thread.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2016 at 06:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
hmmm. guess we need to revisit the bolt cutter thread. Always one cry baby your it,go back to bed:)
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2016 at 08:43 PM

As Harald has posted, the gate was at the far end of a long road historically open. Not enough fuel to get their G Wagons out any other way. It was the only option. Guess you missed that part of his trip report?

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-23-2016 at 10:33 PM

Don't feed him David....

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 06:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
As Harald has posted, the gate was at the far end of a long road historically open. Not enough fuel to get their G Wagons out any other way. It was the only option. Guess you missed that part of his trip report?

The gas-bag is a tour guide, so he should have been more prepared, he should have planned ahead. Did he repair the damage he did? Was the road locked because of him previously doing off-road trips on private land? From his travelogues, he seems to travel with chain saws and shovels, and seems to be cutting brush to re-open roads,... the type of actions that make people want to put up gates on their land, eh?
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 07:18 AM

All nomads please Pay no attention to MT66 village Idiot of the year. No brains common sense.Now that you and your Cuz Rt have spoken.Waiting for your other Brother Nerdi to chime in. You three marooons are just losers.Since your the ring leader Mt you make you two cuz,just as brainless as you.Keep it up I enjoy the three marooons.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 07:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

The gas-bag is a tour guide, so he should have been more prepared, he should have planned ahead. Did he repair the damage he did? Was the road locked because of him previously doing off-road trips on private land? From his travelogues, he seems to travel with chain saws and shovels, and seems to be cutting brush to re-open roads,... the type of actions that make people want to put up gates on their land, eh?
marooon WORTHLESS:wow: POST
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 07:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
hmmm. guess we need to revisit the bolt cutter thread.
Mexican Land Lawyer of the year award. Worthless post:?:
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 09:48 PM

Trailrider, maybe not totally worthless. When do we start with "it's OK by date? Many things are changing in Baja. If a trail was good 10 years ago is OK to cut the look today?How about 5 or 3 years ago? Disrespecting another's property is disrespecting another. If we don't stop and talk to the owers and work things out, we will continue to lose access to many of those roads. You do not get to cut locks with impurity, we all will pay the price.

[Edited on 7-25-2016 by MMc]

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Pages:  1    3    5  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.