BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: New rules for permanent residents driving U.S. plated cars?
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 03:27 PM
Weeell !!

I myself to enter the mainland of mexico had to put up a deposit and receive a window hologram sticker...took hrs as the motorhome itself had a VIN plate and So did the chassis...LOL, That was a classic crossing !! I Know folks that cross over from La Paz have to do the thing, BUT You Do Not need to do anything for Baja norte or Sur So far as importing a car/truck/boat/UFO.. That's like saying you must by LAW lick the salt first before the lime.. But not enough salt cops around... LOL:rolleyes:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 03:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Dennis: Hgwy. 76 exit if you're going North.

Thanks, Mr. Lee. Next time I wander that far north, I'll probably be in an urn.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 03:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  

well, I guessed that you don`t have the IQ to understand what I am saying.

Yes. I don't. Hope I never sink that low on the scale.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 04:08 PM

I thought that JC43 was captkw sober:?:? Now I`m not sure? Maybe twin brothers from different mothers:light:.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 04:24 PM

Capt KW is a Mensa compared to JC43...

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 06:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by captkw  
I myself to enter the mainland of mexico had to put up a deposit and receive a window hologram sticker...took hrs as the motorhome itself had a VIN plate and So did the chassis...LOL, That was a classic crossing !! I Know folks that cross over from La Paz have to do the thing, BUT You Do Not need to do anything for Baja norte or Sur So far as importing a car/truck/boat/UFO.. That's like saying you must by LAW lick the salt first before the lime.. But not enough salt cops around... LOL:rolleyes:

sorry kaptkw, you are another one who is not catching the point of the issue.
What I am saying has nothing to do with the so called `fronteriza zoneŽ. It has nothing to do with going from Baja to the mainland with fronteriza plates, and paying what you talked about. 100% wrong you are.
The issue here is about temporary importation the moment you are crossing the border. Which is by law requested for every vehicle. But again for those who are a little slow in the part of the head above the eyes: That law is not enforced b/c of a lack of capability by MX aduana.
If you guys like it or not, if you are understanding the issue or not - it is still the law.
And no bull$chit posted here by folks not understanding the issue can change that.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 06:18 PM

Geezo! He's even throwing CapKW on the dumchit pile! Thank you for your input JC43......

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 06:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Geezo! He's even throwing CapKW on the dumchit pile! Thank you for your input JC43......

No! Not on the same dumchit hill on which you are residing.
I only made clear that capkw is mixing up the issues. nothing else. but you are again not catching the point, lowbrainer you are.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2016 at 05:55 PM

OK, Brain Surgeon, JC43, tell me what you know about ONAPAFFA and ANAPROMEX. The law is not really so clear and it would be important for the police officer, either Federal, Municipal, Estado, or Ministerial. None of those entities are fully up to speed in terms of Aduana laws. So when I talk to the Federales or Ministerial in our area, they report that as long as the drivers license and registration are current, everything is fine. In Cabo, there were quite a few cars who were held but it was mostly because they were expired, which is a real no-no.

So, for those poor people who choose to live in the areas of Cabos, (San Jose and Cabo San Lucas) the enforcement may or may not be different there. The Gringo Gazette reported that they only confiscations were because of expiration.

In order to find you in violation, the police officer would have to ask for your immigration card, which in our area is something they said they were not interested in, because it crosses jurisdiction, which in Mexico is a very important issue.

So, if you are uncomfortable with this situation, import your vehicle, or stay with resident temporal.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 02:12 PM

O.K., you smart a$$. ONA and ANA are only possible "go around the tax sticker" - which is not in use anymore anyway. Nowadays you are getting only a document for the tax pay. No sticker anymore.
And of course the enforcement of laws is different in Los Cabos --- we are not living in the boondocks!
But talking about municipal police / State Police etc. That will soon change. All those will be Federalis (pandas) in the future.
And, o.k., you can ignore any law - even if it exists. Where there is no judge - there is no judgment. And that, the existence of the law of temporary importation of all vehicles crossing the border, is what this thread is all about. Get the point or leave it.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 02:47 PM

Think I'll go with this

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
....... So when I talk to the Federales or Ministerial in our area, they report that as long as the drivers license and registration are current, everything is fine. In Cabo, there were quite a few cars who were held but it was mostly because they were expired, which is a real no-no.

So, for those poor people who choose to live in the areas of Cabos, (San Jose and Cabo San Lucas) the enforcement may or may not be different there. The Gringo Gazette reported that they only confiscations were because of expiration.

In order to find you in violation, the police officer would have to ask for your immigration card, which in our area is something they said they were not interested in, because it crosses jurisdiction, which in Mexico is a very important issue.

So, if you are uncomfortable with this situation, import your vehicle, or stay with resident temporal.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 7-27-2016 at 11:33 PM
OK, I cry UNCLE !!

SO...Whats the "lowdown" on all this >??? LOL I am missing the boat on this ... "Just the facts M'am,just the facts" Tuesday.....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 06:52 AM

Y'all should move past your disorganized drunk posting, and develop an online drinking game. Perhaps an app where you baja nomad gray beard alcoholics could experience some online unity while you pound shots together and yell at each other. The app could allow you to virtually drink together in real time, allow you to yell instead of type, and could be set up to measure your bellicosity so you could keep score.

Or you could just come to baja nomad, get chit faced, and pound out opinions and insults about the trivia of vehicle registration.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 07:13 AM

What would be the rules on this drinking game, and who would administer it? Whats an "app?"

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 07:15 AM

Easy solution......take the plates off of your car and blend in with everybody else
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 07:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by JC43  

I know from the owner of the Oasis Park, Leon Nolet, in Mulege that he was enforcing temporary importation of every vehicle in his park. Residents had to drive to Santa Rosalia, go the customs office, filing for temporary importation, filling out documents, giving the customs agent a ride to Mulege > and back of course < that the agent could look at the object and put some sticker on it. And pay for !!

That's a rotten thing to do, why was he doing that? And to the people who are paying him to live there no less.

[Edited on 7-23-2016 by SFandH]

I know nothing about the import issue but I have known Leon since the mid 70's. He is a good and honest man.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 08:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
What would be the rules on this drinking game, and who would administer it? Whats an "app?"

The rules are to drink a lot, but make sure your opponent drinks more. Capiche?

If you don't know what an app is, perhaps the game is not for you. You should stick to ranting here and yelling at your TV.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 08:13 AM

Thank you for your input, goatley!

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 08:17 AM

i really dont understand why a business owner would want to enforce a vehicle law....what does it have to do with him? unless he is getting a kick back from the authorities in Sta.Rosalia. I would think it is counterproductive to do this as people may not want to stay there if they are getting turned in.

At our Inn, I advise guests to get their visas but I sure dont check them and call immigration on them if they dont.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2016 at 08:25 AM

I would guess that was/is more of a suggestion on Leons part than anything else...I too have known Leon for many years. He is an honest man who always goes out of his way to help out....

Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.