BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: The Devil's Road - A feature documentary we're making about Baja and some of the first scientists to explore it.
Subjectruin

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 12:22 AM
The Devil's Road - A feature documentary we're making about Baja and some of the first scientists to explore it.

Hi, I've been following these forums for a while and thought I'd point you towards a new documentary film we're in the process of making.

I'm related to a man named E.A. Goldman who, along with his partner E.W. Nelson, were two of the first naturalists to do a comprehensive biological survey of the peninsula in 1905 and 1906. They traveled over 2,000 miles on horseback down the entire length of Baja. Now, 110 years later, our crew is going to retrace the steps of this original expedition on motorcycles and film a documentary about it.

You can see the teaser trailer here.

And here is Episode 1of a series we're doing about several significant islands in Baja.

For more info on the project, you can check out www.brokenwagonfilms.com

Would love any feedback you guys have - thanks for taking a look!

[Edited on 7-26-2016 by BajaNomad]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 04:55 AM

Cool project!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 06:12 AM

I think the opening music in your trailer sounds like Peruvian flute music, is it Mexican?

You say your doing homage trip via motorcycles? I don't see how naturalists on horse back and motorcycles mix. Just my world view. But some of the motorcyclists probably think they are congruent. Would be more interesting if you redid the trip via horse. It's still an adventure to go on foot, not much of an adventure to do it by motorcycle.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 07:01 AM

Very encouraging and supportive, Mr. Goat. :light:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 07:03 AM

Looks fun. Thanks for alerting us to it.

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 07:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
I think the opening music in your trailer sounds like Peruvian flute music, is it Mexican?

You say your doing homage trip via motorcycles? I don't see how naturalists on horse back and motorcycles mix. Just my world view. But some of the motorcyclists probably think they are congruent. Would be more interesting if you redid the trip via horse. It's still an adventure to go on foot, not much of an adventure to do it by motorcycle.
How about you Mt66 doing it in your Yugo.This is a great project to do on motos keep up good work. Dont listen to Mt66 he is village idiot of Baja nomad.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 07:46 AM

Thank you Subjectruinand welcome to Nomad!

Published in 1922, this book is one of those that belongs in every serious Baja book library!

Here is the map from the 1905-06 expedition and shows their route (red line)...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 07:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

He asked for "feedback." He didnt ask for a pat on the back.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 08:01 AM

Nice blog, lots of photos... even one of Coco of Coco's Corner! http://brokenwagonfilms.com/blog/

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 08:18 AM

Cool project, best of luck.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 08:19 AM

Very cool project! i bet your grandfather had some stories.
Are you funding the project and post yourself ? I didn't see any sponsors, or distribution?

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 09:05 AM

That was not my question, DK. This project is not inexpensive, and crowd funding most likely not cover the cost. I was wondering how it was being funded and if there was a possible distribution deal in place or they planned to distribute themselves?
I have a little knowledge in those areas.

Subjectruin

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 09:52 AM

Thanks everyone for the response!

MMc, we're still in the process of securing funding. We plan to do a crowd funding campaign probably in late fall, but we're also looking into grants and other possibilities. We hope to find distribution after taking the film to festivals.

David K, very cool that you know who these guys are!

[Edited on 7-26-2016 by Subjectruin]
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 09:58 AM

I dig the logo :yes:...make up some T-shirts!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Subjectruin  
Thanks everyone for the response!

MMc, we're still in the process of securing funding. We plan to do a crowd funding campaign probably in late fall, but we're also looking into grants and other possibilities. We hope to find distribution after taking the film to festivals.

David K, very cool that you know who these guys are!

[Edited on 7-26-2016 by Subjectruin]

Thank you, as a Baja history writer, knowing explorers like them is critical for my work! Plus, I love reading about all Baja expeditions, anyway!

MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 06:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

Subjectruin, I am sorry for the way this post is about to go. Some of us have special causes that set us off. The world getting warmer or colder is one of DK's. He denies it and about 10 folks buying it. Welcome to the board/ sandbox, there will sand flying soon, Sorry!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 06:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Okay, so my feedback after watching the Isla Raza video is: Why say the terns moved their nesting site off of the island (the past two years) because of "man-made" global warming? How do you know it wasn't for another reason?

The world hasn't warmed in 18 years (why the name of this hoax is now "Climate Change" instead of "Global Warming"), and even if it did warm, why is not feasible that Nature warmed it, as it has over and over for millions of years using volcanoes, sun spots, etc.?

The Sea of Cortez is cooler than before on my recent trips, not scientific, but are there (un-doctored) water temperatures we have a graph of to see?

Okay, so from me he got both a pat on the back and feedback! :light:

I am looking forward to seeing more, but I hope that algore's nutty theories are not in any more episodes. We Nomads already know the sea level hasn't risen for over 60 years, (as proven in photos).

What photos "prove" this? Do you mean your silly snapshots of palm trees?

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 06:22 PM
Another thread down the drain?

This gets old guys, how about letting this one go and see where it winds up with fresh input?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 06:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Okay, so my feedback after watching the Isla Raza video is: Why say the terns moved their nesting site off of the island (the past two years) because of "man-made" global warming? How do you know it wasn't for another reason?

The world hasn't warmed in 18 years (why the name of this hoax is now "Climate Change" instead of "Global Warming"), and even if it did warm, why is not feasible that Nature warmed it, as it has over and over for millions of years using volcanoes, sun spots, etc.?

The Sea of Cortez is cooler than before on my recent trips, not scientific, but are there (un-doctored) water temperatures we have a graph of to see?

Okay, so from me he got both a pat on the back and feedback! :light:

I am looking forward to seeing more, but I hope that algore's nutty theories are not in any more episodes. We Nomads already know the sea level hasn't risen for over 60 years, (as proven in photos).

What photos "prove" this? Do you mean your silly snapshots of palm trees? Mt66 the village idiot at his finest.:?:

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 06:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

Subjectruin, I am sorry for the way this post is about to go. Some of us have special causes that set us off. The world getting warmer or colder is one of DK's. He denies it and about 10 folks buying it. Welcome to the board/ sandbox, there will sand flying soon, Sorry!

lol..whats that got to do with making T-shirts! you know they ARE requesting contributions, starting at 10 bucks.
I think I made a mistake here:(
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.