BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: US Mail Delivery Address
Mulege Sally

[*] posted on 8-6-2016 at 02:23 PM
US Mail Delivery Address

I need to order a new timing belt for my golf cart and need someone in the US to receive it via UPS or US Mail and bring it to me at Fisher's Camp on Hwy. 1 on your way south at the turnoff to Punta Abreojos. if you are traveling through soon. Please let me know if you can do this and what your address is. My golf cart is not operational until I receive this part. Thank you.

[Edited on 8/6/2016 by Mulege Sally]
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-6-2016 at 04:07 PM

you do know a gates or dayco belt will work...

are you sure a local parts store cant find a replacement unit available locally?
sometimes you don't need to go to the golf store to get parts

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Mulege Sally

[*] posted on 8-6-2016 at 04:41 PM

We have an EZGo 2001 and I contacted Taller in Mulege who had worked on my golf cart before I bought it according to Larry, the former owner. Taller was trying to locate a source for the timing belt. He has not been able to do so. However, I will check the auto parts store in Santa Rosalia in two weeks when I return to Mulege to check my home and do some banking. Thanks for the info and I will give it a try. If not, I hope someone will respond to my post and be able to help.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2016 at 08:09 PM

Hi Sally! I sure hope the part can be brought down soon.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2016 at 08:13 AM

You can have it shipped to ACV.com and they will deliver it for 5 to 10 bucks. The auto parts store in Santa Rosalia is Santa Fe Auto parts. 615 152 1686, ask for Saul if you need an english speaking person.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2016 at 09:19 AM

Away from the subject at hand..........Auto Zone is opening another location in Ensenada. That'll be at least two, for now. Pretty soon they'll be everywhere. In some cases they have half day service from San Diego....most often one day for items not kept in local inventory.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Mulege Sally

[*] posted on 8-7-2016 at 09:55 AM

Thanks, Everyone, you've been very helpful. We will call Santa Fe Auto Parts tomorrow and talk to Saul. Blanca, hope to see you again soon! Thanks for the tip!
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2016 at 04:29 PM

Interesting question about mail delivery to Baja.
Here in San Felipe we get overnight parts and mail via a courier. Always overnight from Mexicali for parts and maybe two days from the states for parts. Daily delivery of mail from the courier.
Do people further south have available such a service?
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-7-2016 at 04:36 PM

That's a simple answer Paul, San Flip is not really Baja, but Little Sandy Eggo. There's 500 miles of ....... anything BUT people south of you. Couriers? You mean Carrier Pigeons? I think the U.S. should invade and annex from Hwy 3 (including LSE) north and get it over with. ;)

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2016 at 04:37 PM

I never thought we did, however, when we first arrived here we had a delivery made right to our front door. We don't even have a number on our house!

if someone can drop an item off to the bus depot in TJ or elsewhere on the line, there is always the BAJAPACK company.

Sally, there is a mechanic in Vizcaino who can probably order the part for you. We will be there next week and can ask.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Mulege Sally

[*] posted on 8-7-2016 at 04:56 PM

Gracias to everyone! In our little Anglo community of Oasis in Mulege, we depend on each other to bring things to and from the U.S. Right now, things are very quiet with mostly all residents of Oasis either in the US, Canada or like us, on the Pacific coast of Baja. This due to the heat and humidity in Mulege during the summer and also because of the danger of hurricanes. We all put our belongings and furniture in storage and go elsewhere so at least we don't lose our contents, only suffer damage to our homes in case of hurricanes. Most of us Anglos do not return to Oasis Rio Baja in Mulege until October. So, with mail delivery at least six weeks from the US and no UPS, if some part is needed, it is difficult to get. Baja Pac does deliver in some cases but most US companies do not use them as far as we know.

[Edited on 8/8/2016 by Mulege Sally]
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2016 at 06:09 PM

Things are changing in Mulege. DHL and UPS now deliver here, ( posible Fed EX) sometimes direct sometimes via RAM delivery. From the usa to Mexico City to La Paz, usually 3 days, then usually 3 more days from LP to Mulege.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 06:51 AM

We see this company in Ensenada as well:

http://estafetausa.com/

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Mulege Sally

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 07:52 AM

I know that friends of ours in Mulege ordered dog beds from the US and the last they heard, the beds were in Mexico City. They couldn't figure it out. Now I understand.
Mulege Sally

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 08:40 AM

Success!! Saul at Santa Fe Auto Parts in Santa Rosalia had a timing belt in stock!! Amazing!! Thanks for the great info!!
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 09:17 AM

10333102_1522012328031614_265790104_n.png - 11kB

Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 06:11 PM

Sometimes you have to leave your little Anglo community of Oasis in Mulege,

and smell the big wide world. Great, you were finally successful, and found the

timing belt not even a hour drive away.....

Congratulation!
Mulege Sally

[*] posted on 8-9-2016 at 08:24 AM

And what a wonderful world it is to explore! We are spending the summer in Punta Abreojos with frequent trips across the salt flats to La Bocana. In a couple of weeks we plan to explore Bahia Asuncion, another lovely coastal town in Baja. I've done many things in my long life, more than most, and each experience has not only been a delight but has gained me many, many amigos throughout the world. Thanks for your comments.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.