Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Sentri pre-approval?
beachbum1A
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2016 at 11:06 AM
Sentri pre-approval?

My friend completed her initial application for Sentri on line and submitted it on June 4th along with a $25 dollar deposit.
She is still waiting for some word from them indicating her application was pre-approved or? She is checking her online GOES account every couple of days but all it says is "pending".

My question is: what is the current amount of time that it is taking for this first step in the process? Has anyone recently received their approval and then made their appointment?
Thanks!

Just do it!
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2016 at 03:32 PM
same here

It took twelve weeks almost to the day.

The appointment for the interview another 2-3 weeks out.

Then you are supposed to get the Sentri in yet another 10 days.

Our interview is next week.

John M

edited to say: when you make the appointment, and they send you the citizenship study guide it's best not to ignore it, especially part II the potential essay question.

[Edited on 8-22-2016 by John M]

Edit #2 - ok, my attempt at humor with the first edit has met with a complete lack of sense of humor by my wife. So, I hereby state that I made it up - mostly.

[Edited on 8-23-2016 by John M]
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-22-2016 at 08:24 PM

When I did it it January it took three weeks - i submitted my father in laws mid June and still waiting. Rush hour I suppose.
beachbum1A
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2016 at 06:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
It took twelve weeks almost to the day.

The appointment for the interview another 2-3 weeks out.

Then you are supposed to get the Sentri in yet another 10 days.

Our interview is next week.

John M]

Thanks! Looks like we should hear something around Labor Day then. Just seems like a long damn time you know!

Just do it!
stiladam
Nomad

Mood: Acoustic

[*] posted on 8-23-2016 at 09:20 AM

Q: Once you get your application approved is the date preset for the interview, or do you get a choice of dates/times?

I want to set my interview for a morning before I cross the border for the weekend ;)
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2016 at 10:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by stiladam  
Q: Once you get your application approved is the date preset for the interview, or do you get a choice of dates/times?

I want to set my interview for a morning before I cross the border for the weekend ;)

You pick the appointment date and time from a list of available dates and times.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2016 at 11:35 AM
date and time

The office (we have to go to Otay Mesa) is open for interviews from 6:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.

JM
danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 8-23-2016 at 12:32 PM

When you get your dates/times, schedule a date. It's usually a couple of weeks (or more) out. You can go back into the GOES calendar at any time and reschedule an earlier date if there have been cancellations/new openings...

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2016 at 12:39 PM

You don't have to go to Otay Mesa, you can go to the San Ysidro office. The SY office has moved from close to McDonalds right as you come out of customs, to Virginia Avenue close to the duty free store, and I'm assuming that it's a larger space.
stiladam
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2016 at 01:04 PM

Thanks so much for the responses!

Another one, of course:

Has anyone had issues with approval with financed vehicles?

I finance through a credit union and I only owe a few grand on my 2013 truck but I'm considering paying it off early just to avoid the issue with getting a letter from the bank lol
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 8-23-2016 at 03:27 PM
4 to 6 months What !!!!!!

I put my app for adding a car in May 23. Still pending. I called many offices yesterday because my sentri is going to expire Sept 24. I thought by starting in May would be enough time but now I find out that you cannot put your sentri in until your added car is cleared. Then they drop on me it is now taking 4 to 6 months to clear your car. and the best thing for me to do is cancel my car and start my sentri because it is more important not to let my sentri expire, So now I have 13 weeks and I think $42 in which will not be reimbursed I will not have my sentri until around Dec if it is 12 weeks again if we are on 4 to 6 months Im screwed I,m Going to the san ysidro offfice in person tomorrow. Anyone got any ideas on some one to talk to for some help,k

[Edited on 8-23-2016 by Keri]

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
stiladam
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 10:06 AM

Wow, I hope things turn around for you with this Keri.

Another Global Entry/Sentri question that search couldn't help with.

I just applied for GE and I'm giddy. Can't wait for my interview. I added my vehicle during the application process

Since it seems my vehicle is only attached to my application, does this mean that I can have any Global Entry/Sentri card holders with me in my vehicle Sentri lanes?

I know in years past the vehicle had to match the occupants with CPB.

My girlfriend is doing her application today and she's wondering if she needs to list my vehicle on her application as well.

Thanks in advance for the help!

[Edited on 8-31-2016 by stiladam]
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 10:24 AM

Wow, I hope things turn around for you with this Keri.

Another Global Entry/Sentri question that search couldn't help with.

I just applied for GE and I'm giddy. Can't wait for my interview. I added my vehicle during the application process

Since it seems my vehicle is only attached to my application, does this mean that I can have any Global Entry/Sentri card holders with me in my vehicle Sentri lanes?

I know in years past the vehicle had to match the occupants with CPB.

My girlfriend is doing her application today and she's wondering if she needs to list my vehicle on her application as well.

Thanks in advance for the help!

You can have any GE holders in your car. Girlfriend does not have to (and perhaps cannot) add your car to her GE application.
stiladam
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 10:51 AM

Perfecto, thanks BBR!
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 11:06 AM

Best of luck!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 11:16 AM

Perfecto, thanks BBR!

I may have responded too quickly to the second part.

Is your girlfriend thinking about registering your car because she wants to drive it across the border? I don't think that your girlfriend can drive your SENTRI-registered vehicle across the border. Does anyone know?

If she cannot, can she also register the car under her name through SENTRI? I suspect not, but am now unsure.
stiladam
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 11:49 AM

99.9% Sure that we'll always be traveling together, so I thought it best to add our own individual vehicles only under each application - as long as we're okay being carded passengers in each others vehicles.

If we were to cross solo we would likely be driving our own vehicle, so I think we're good to go using this procedure!?

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 12:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by larryC  

You pick the appointment date and time from a list of available dates and times.

You'll get a choice of dates and times, but it probably won't be what you want, but you can keep checking the website for cancellations.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 04:17 PM

Keep in mind that you need to schedule your interview appointment for within 30 days of initial approval. But you can reschedule. We too are waiting for initial approval for my father in law. Also, my car is financed and as far as I know it was approved.
stiladam
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 09:25 AM

Wonder if it will be difficult to schedule mine and my girlfriends appointments on the same day when a closer appointment pops up?!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.