Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Flying to Loreto to research buying a property
Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 10:24 AM
Flying to Loreto to research buying a property

Flying into Loreto and plan on scouting out the area for a location suitable to open a Holistic/Yoga retreat with international guests. It will bring in a reliable income to the local community and will be based on the successful Eco retreats operating in Costa Rica. I plan on renting a vehicle in Loreto and spending a couple of weeks traveling and acquiring info. Any advice, tips or info appreciated.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 11:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hogbygard  
Flying into Loreto and plan on scouting out the area for a location suitable to open a Holistic/Yoga retreat with international guests. It will bring in a reliable income to the local community and will be based on the successful Eco retreats operating in Costa Rica. I plan on renting a vehicle in Loreto and spending a couple of weeks traveling and acquiring info. Any advice, tips or info appreciated.

Go slow don't rush the process. Vet everyone.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 11:04 AM

Are you planning to buy or rent the property?
hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 11:23 AM

You might check out the "Loreto Bay" tract for leads. They seem to have vacant business spaces inside the development. its a big operation and there are surely lots of evolving entrepreneurial opportunities. It's got alot of U.S. retirees ..maybe a good yoga service could work. The place has its management quirks and building in there is an endeavor that should be looked at with extreme detail. I am fairly sure places are cheaper now than they were when built, and a few unfinished houses are selling cheap.
Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 01:59 PM

Buying the property, just flying in to Loreto looking all along the coast area, have our eye on Mulege and surrounding area. We have to be within a hour or so drive to a International Airport for our guest. The plan is for a main house and a separate covered activity/kitchen/dining facility and 4-6 small guest houses or structures. when completed it will bring jobs and income revenue to the area with a steady "retreat" 10-20 guest once a month and be available for other instructors/teachers to have retreats there when the schedule is open. Doing very well in Costa Rica but we are hoping to open in the Baja area if possible

[Edited on 8-24-2016 by Hogbygard]
KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 02:19 PM

what is your budget?

do you have a website for costa rica?
Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 02:34 PM

The Costa Rica properties/retreats are in the 70-110k range for what we have investigated. This is mainly property with a dwelling, we prefer to build the remaining facilities our self to our desires and specifications. Not looking to be in a "community" or town limits.

[Edited on 8-24-2016 by Hogbygard]
BajaGlenn
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 03:39 PM

Mulege is more than an hour from the Loreto airport--might try Luiji south or Hunkalito??also south of Loreto
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 03:39 PM

Hmmm.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 03:43 PM

I have a house close to Mulege, and may be able to provide some thoughts.

(I also speak Swedish, which may or may not be helpful judging by your username.)

Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 03:53 PM

Thanks Big Bear, the majority of our guest are from Scandinavia. We have had our retreats in Spain, Costra Rica and Sweden, Norway. We are looking to open our own facility and not have our clients follow us around the globe constantly. My wife is Swedish and I lived there over 15 years, you caught the "Hogbygard". That's our house in Sweden, 45 minutes from Orebro
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 04:02 PM

Mulege is about 90 minutes from Loreto, if you drive fast.

When are you planning on going? It's really hot on the Sea of Cortez side now.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 04:17 PM

My advice is hire a Mexican lawyer that knows real estate law before you sign any papers or hand over any money. Do you know about the restricted zone, the federal zone, and ejido land? All complications when buying coastal land in Mexico.
Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 08:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
Mulege is about 90 minutes from Loreto, if you drive fast.

When are you planning on going? It's really hot on the Sea of Cortez side now.

Planning on the end of Sept, I lived in the Mojave desert for many years so heat is not a major problem for me, uncomfortable but not a problem.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 08:30 PM

Humidity and hurricanes (chubascos) will make Loreto feel much different than Mojave to you. However, I would rather be hot in Loreto than most anywhere else!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 09:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
My advice is hire a Mexican lawyer that knows real estate law before you sign any papers or hand over any money. Do you know about the restricted zone, the federal zone, and ejido land? All complications when buying coastal land in Mexico.

Agree 100%, also are you prepared to start a Mexican Corporation if needed for this business, aware of the type of visa required to work in Mexico and the tax laws???

I hear the whales song
CJ
Nomad

Mood: It's cool with me

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 09:33 PM

Holistic/yoga retreat.....makes me think somewhere up above Las Parras on the way to San Javier. You can pay me later for my thoughts
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 09:36 PM

You might want to talk to Bob and Susan, they are living a life taking care of tourist. I have no idea but they might.Sporting Supplies http://www.mulege.org/

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 09:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CJ  
Holistic/yoga retreat.....makes me think somewhere up above Las Parras on the way to San Javier. You can pay me later for my thoughts

Will do, Thanks
Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 09:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Humidity and hurricanes (chubascos) will make Loreto feel much different than Mojave to you. However, I would rather be hot in Loreto than most anywhere else!

You're right, not much humidity in the Mojave...
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.