Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Flying to Loreto to research buying a property
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-25-2016 at 07:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hogbygard  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Humidity and hurricanes (chubascos) will make Loreto feel much different than Mojave to you. However, I would rather be hot in Loreto than most anywhere else!

You're right, not much humidity in the Mojave...

Seriously, there are good suggestions here for you...

Do talk with Bob (Bob & Susan) of Playa Frambes Lighthouse Resort. He did it all right, and now they have a tourist operation on the bay and live there full time. www.mulege.org

Do get a referral for a good attorney on this matter. You do need the correct visa to own property, live full time in Mexico, and run a business. Beware of buying any ejido land!

Rent for a year (or at least a few months and see how things are done there, and the weather year-round. See how long supplies take to arrive. Discover about inconsistent services like power and water and learn about "Mexican Time"... and when they say "mañana" it does not mean 'tomorrow', but instead it means 'not today'.

If you can adapt to Mexico rather than expect Mexico to change for you, then you should do GREAT! You need the locals to be with you in this.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-25-2016 at 02:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
You might want to talk to Bob and Susan, they are living a life taking care of tourist. I have no idea but they might.Sporting Supplies http://www.mulege.org/

I wasn't going to say anything but since mmc brought up my name...

my 2 cents

you don't have enough money...

I wonder if you even have a written plan...

have a nice vacation while in baja

remember "don't check your brain at the border"

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-25-2016 at 04:39 PM

That was encouraging. Thanks. Nice people
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 8-25-2016 at 05:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajagrouper  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
My advice is hire a Mexican lawyer that knows real estate law before you sign any papers or hand over any money. Do you know about the restricted zone, the federal zone, and ejido land? All complications when buying coastal land in Mexico.

Agree 100%, also are you prepared to start a Mexican Corporation if needed for this business, aware of the type of visa required to work in Mexico and the tax laws???

I notice the OP does not answer questions about rules or regulations...
Then the OP writes:Not looking to be in a "community" or town limits.
Last time I heard that line was Jim Jones !!!

[Edited on 8-26-2016 by bajagrouper]

I hear the whales song
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2016 at 10:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CJ  
Holistic/yoga retreat.....makes me think somewhere up above Las Parras on the way to San Javier. You can pay me later for my thoughts

good idea,perfect area
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2016 at 10:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGlenn  
Mulege is more than an hour from the Loreto airport--might try Luiji south or Hunkalito??also south of Loreto

Let me help, so he might find them on a map or search Nomad for more info...
1) LIGUI (Ligüí, actually)
2) JUNCALITO

Both these places are south of Loreto on either side of Puerto Escondido.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2016 at 10:15 PM

Bob is just telling you like it is, no sugar coating. He generously shared all the phases of building his resort here on Nomad. His website may still have that history? www.mulege.org

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 03:52 PM

A holistic yoga retreat . Hmm. Did that not already exist
on the property that was taken over by the Villa Group? I'm thinking about Danzante.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 04:30 PM

A while back I saw a RE listing for someone selling a B&B/yoga retreat in la Paz or loreto (forget which). Was a really pretty property, nice layout and landscaping. Had like an acre or more of grounds.

Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 10:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
My advice is hire a Mexican lawyer that knows real estate law before you sign any papers or hand over any money. Do you know about the restricted zone, the federal zone, and ejido land? All complications when buying coastal land in Mexico.

Agree 100%, also are you prepared to start a Mexican Corporation if needed for this business, aware of the type of visa required to work in Mexico and the tax laws???

I notice the OP does not answer questions about rules or regulations...
Then the OP writes:Not looking to be in a "community" or town limits.
Last time I heard that line was Jim Jones !!!

[Edited on 8-26-2016 by bajagrouper]

The OP is informed and has a excellent law firm handling all his corporation's international transactions. The OP is not seeking a "gated community" or a next door neighbor looking in his window situation. Prefer something quiet & peaceful but within walking distance to civilization. Hope the Jim Jones asinine remark is not a representation of the local mentality.
Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 10:58 PM

Bob is just telling you like it is, no sugar coating. He generously shared all the phases of building his resort here on Nomad. His website may still have that history? www.mulege.org

Bob has not a clue to our business plan or financial backers. The Mulege general area will be our own personal financial endeavor as our main backers do not consider the future as promising in the Mulege area . I am only coming to scout out the area and present my opinion compared to the other possibilities already scouted and documented for the company's expansion in either Ecuador, Costa Rica, Belize and the Tulum area.
Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 11:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGlenn  
Mulege is more than an hour from the Loreto airport--might try Luiji south or Hunkalito??also south of Loreto

Let me help, so he might find them on a map or search Nomad for more info...
1) LIGUI (Ligüí, actually)
2) JUNCALITO

Both these places are south of Loreto on either side of Puerto Escondido.

Thanks, I will do some research. appreciate it.
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

Mood: Loving life

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 11:25 PM
Is this what you are looking for?

Almost sounds like you are envisioning a property like this one.

www.villalindamar.com

[Edited on 8-27-2016 by bajabeachbabe]
Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-27-2016 at 12:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabeachbabe  

www.villalindamar.com

[Edited on 8-27-2016 by bajabeachbabe][/rquote

Pretty close and it is nice but our clients prefer a less "modern comforts" feel and we are not looking for beach front. Even our famous and wealthy clients have no problem roughing it and sleeping in hammocks or blankets on a dirt floor for a week's event instead of comfy beds like they have at home. Our students and attendees come for the classes and course certifications and all the benefits associated with our internationally followed instructors and teachers. The majority of our events have only a 10-15 person maximum enrollment enforced with a waiting list so a large compound is not a priority.
Really appreciate the effort and help, Looking forward to experiencing the area and meeting some of the locals. Thanks
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2016 at 01:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabeachbabe  

www.villalindamar.com

[Edited on 8-27-2016 by bajabeachbabe][/rquote

Pretty close and it is nice but our clients prefer a less "modern comforts" feel and we are not looking for beach front. Even our famous and wealthy clients have no problem roughing it and sleeping in hammocks or blankets on a dirt floor for a week's event instead of comfy beds like they have at home. Our students and attendees come for the classes and course certifications and all the benefits associated with our internationally followed instructors and teachers. The majority of our events have only a 10-15 person maximum enrollment enforced with a waiting list so a large compound is not a priority.
Really appreciate the effort and help, Looking forward to experiencing the area and meeting some of the locals. Thanks

If you are visiting in September, keep in mind that the town of Loreto is pretty much closed down for that month. Very few visitors and most of the local restaurants are closed during that time. It will not provide an accurate picture of what the town is during the busy season.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-27-2016 at 07:14 AM

When I read your opening post I immediately thought that Todo Santos would be the ideal place for this as it is already a community with that kind of clientele... artistic, health concious, new age type place. Plus the weather is MUCH better and it is closer to the international airport of San Jose del Cabo where more flights arrive and depart....check it out.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2016 at 08:34 AM

Years ago someone attempted to do something similar to what you're thinking here:

26.7517939,-111.8977417

About 15 miles south of Mulege on the bay.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2016 at 04:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
When I read your opening post I immediately thought that Todo Santos would be the ideal place for this as it is already a community with that kind of clientele... artistic, health concious, new age type place. Plus the weather is MUCH better and it is closer to the international airport of San Jose del Cabo where more flights arrive and depart....check it out.

I agree with Shari.
Hogbygard

[*] posted on 8-27-2016 at 07:54 PM

Thanks Shari, I'm getting around to answering your message...I'm in transit and pretty worn out right now...

[Edited on 8-28-2016 by Hogbygard]
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2016 at 02:53 AM

A very nice yoga retreat already exists near Todos Santos. Prana del Mar.
https://pranadelmar.com/
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.