Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  13
Author: Subject: Trump to Mexico!!
Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 07:52 PM
Trump to Mexico!!

Just saw that Trump is going to meet with President Enrique Pena Nieto tomorrow! WTF!!!

[Edited on 8-31-2016 by Floatflyer]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 07:58 PM

The future president should, and that way Mexico can get the new policy without CNN's spin added.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 08:02 PM

:lol::lol:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 09:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
The future president should, and that way Mexico can get the new policy without CNN's spin added.

Are you saying Hillary should meet with Pena Nieto?
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 09:22 PM

:lol::lol:

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 09:52 PM

I hope Pena Nieto stands his ground about his position on the wall, as he did in this interview with CNN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWMhjKfZ57U&feature=yout... No spin here - His words.

And I hope he gives Trump the same opinion of the wall as did Vincente Fox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4OwJOVi0ec
If you haven't seen this video, it's worth a watch. :yes:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 10:08 PM

So, are you demanding Mexico take down its 'wall' and allow Guatemalans unrestricted crossing into Mexico?

What's wrong with using border crossings and respecting a nation's laws. You get FMMs, right?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 10:56 PM

So, are you demanding Mexico take down its 'wall' and allow Guatemalans unrestricted crossing into Mexico?

What's wrong with using border crossings and respecting a nation's laws. You get FMMs, right?

If your questions are directed at me then my rhetorical answer to your first question is, "Umm... what does this have to do with this thread?". Seriously, I think the idea of building a huge, impossibly expensive wall is a ridiculous idea, especially when Trump is insisting that another country pay for it. It's Trump's baby - Why the hell should Mexico pay for it? Oh, and one other thing: Doesn't it seem a whole lot more logical to put emphasis on reforming the way that the majority of illegal immigrants (more than 40%) come in to the country - by overstaying their visas? "Build a wall" sounds so simplistic, and to people who don't know better, it may sound great. I'm on the obverse - I have a strong feeling it's just another fantasy idea with no actual realistic basis. The emphasis should be put on bolstering policy, not bolstering a physical barrier.

Try this idea on for size: Help Mexico improve their economy, and it's likely to positively effect the amount of illegal Mexican immigration. If things are good in Mexico, why go to the US? This being said, there needs to be more regulation of illegal immigration that originates outside of Mexico. For example: Indians who enter the US via Mexico.

To answer your second question: There's nothing wrong with using border crossings to help control illegal immigration. But an FFM type form doesn't really do a lot to prevent illegal immigration.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 03:23 AM

"Michele Bachmann: God picked Trump to be the GOP nominee.

Former Minnesota Rep. and Donald Trump's evangelical adviser Michele Bachmann said that Donald Trump was "raised up" by God to win in the general election."

I don't care who y'are, that's funny rat thar. My sides are hurting. That's better than a Palin-ism. For a good belly laugh:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/michele-bachmann-god-...

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 07:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  

She should crawl around under his desk in Monica's knee pads.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 07:12 AM

The king of hate is taking his hateful show to Mexico today. Should be entertaining fodder for the news. I hope Mexicans give him the unwelcome he deserves.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 07:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by imlost  

Seriously, I think the idea of building a huge, impossibly expensive wall is a ridiculous idea, especially when Trump is insisting that another country pay for it. It's Trump's baby - Why the hell should Mexico pay for it?

What's ridiculous is that some still take this literally. a 2000 mile brick wall? The Chinese didn't even come close to that.
There may be a wall, and if so, I would see it as a reaction to the disrespect shown the US, as well as a sign of the changing times, but that wall, if it materializes, will be wearing boots.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 07:41 AM

I hope this blows over as a non-event. I can't see anything good coming out of it. If Nieto tries to increase his lousy ratings using the meeting he'll need to be very hostile towards Trump to appease the disgust felt for Trump by Mexicans.

I also hope Nieto introduces Trump to habanero based appetizers at the start of the meeting. :D
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 07:58 AM

The Great Wall of Rump. We have a wall. Maybe this is the jobs program the David is waiting for.

It will be a beautiful wall!

[Edited on 8-31-2016 by norte]
gsbotanico
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 08:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
I, personally, can't wait to see what occurs... this is too funny.
I have yet to meet a Mexican who doesn't think that Trump is a bigoted payaso to the nth degree.

Of course, their feelings towards Piņa Nieto are not so loving, either.

I hope Piņa Nieto was a slip. I am reminded of the ex-president of Panama, Manuel Noriega, who was callled La Piņa because of his facial acne scaring. He was involved in drug smuggling and spent time in US jails. The correct name for everyone is Peņa Nieto.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 08:16 AM

"The David"... I don't care who you are, that's funny!

We already have a wall, it just isn't completed... Have any of you been to Tijuana and not seen the border wall?

The current fence obviously doesn't work at making people use the legal border crossing...

I took these photos while waiting in line at Mexicali last year:

Any questions?

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 09:00 AM

Thanks for proving walls don't work.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 09:04 AM

The David needs to send his wall concerns to the Rump.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 09:19 AM

Electricity and Razor wire would make the current wall/fence much more effective, and wouldn't cost very much..DK? would you show us a picture of Mexico's wall between them and Guatemala? Or is that just more of your BS?

Sandlefoot
Nomad

Mood: Home

[*] posted on 8-31-2016 at 09:38 AM

At least this way, when Trump meets world leaders, in this case Mexico's, the spin that the media has been putting on Trump (by both sides) will not be an issue. Most men, when giving the option of communicating, can come to a conclusion. Even if they disagree with each other, they at least know where the other stands, without the media spin. We, the people, are usually following and repeating the media spin that fits our political position. When talking "face to face", there is no spin!!!!

Happy Trails

" Don't find fault, find a remedy; anyone can complain." Henry Ford

If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up to much space!

Just because it may not be a good idea does not mean it will not be fun!!!

Pages:  1    3  ..  13

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.