Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  13
Author: Subject: Trump to Mexico!!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 03:24 PM

Supporting Trump on a message board centered upon traveling and living in Mexico is a weird thing to do. Hence the closeted supporters.

His insults have destroyed much goodwill between the two countries. I bet many Mexicans are very disappointed by the amount of support he's getting.

[Edited on 9-1-2016 by SFandH]
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 03:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

Here we go again! Trump said there was no "discussion" of the wall, not that it did not come up. The Mexican President made a statement-------that is not discussion. Trump did not respond to that 'statement'. No discussion!! That's the "truth", and there is NO "question". The Media and the Left in general are being deceitful on this.

You show funny logic Barry.

The way I understand it, and as it's been reported in the papers is Trump said,' We did discuss the wall, didn't discuss payment."

But Mexican President Peña Nieto," later claimed the two had discussed the wall and who would pay for it -- and he had "made it clear" to Trump it wouldn't be Mexico."

So obviously one of them is lying.

Based on Trump's past lies, I think he is the one lying, and I believe Trump wimped out, because when Trump later gave his speech in Arizona, he was bragging about the wall and how Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

What I wonder is why Trump didn't put up one of his fat fingers on one of his small hands in The Mexican President's face, and tell him directly that Mexico is going to pay for the wall? What Trump did wasn't very brave at all.

The same on the Mexican President's side, We know Nieto has to be diplomatic in that kind of setting, but still considering Trump's in your face style, the Mexican President, could have mentioned to the reporters after the mano a mano meeting when both spoke to the press. Instead Nieto called BS on Trump on social media later in the day.

Barry, it's nice to hear a conservative actually show support for Donald Trump, because from the right, you see a lot of Hillary Clinton bashing, but you see almost no support for Trump, yet Trump is only about 5 to 7 points behind Hillary. I guess Trump support comes from the closets.

[Edited on 9-1-2016 by JoeJustJoe]

Semantics, JoJo, just semantics!! LOL It's all in the interpretation. The more I see of Trump the more I like him-------he is going to actually try to do something about problems the Conservatives see, and have seen for ages. THAT is so refreshing, to me.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 03:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Supporting Trump on a message board centered upon traveling and living in Mexico is a weird thing to do. Hence the closeted supporters.

His insults have destroyed much goodwill between the two countries. I bet many Mexicans are very disappointed by the amount of support he's getting.

Where is the goodwill from a country that disrespects her neighbor's borders?

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 03:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Where is the goodwill from a country that disrespects her neighbor's borders?

I agree, when is Mexico going to send all the undocumented Gringos home?
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 03:47 PM

Is there any way that money could be raised for the wall without Congress agreeing to it? Americans won't agree to pay for it.

"More than six in 10 — 61 percent — of the thousands of adults surveyed, said they oppose the construction of a wall along the entire border with Mexico, as Trump has proposed throughout his campaign."

I wonder what the number would be if Americans had to pay for it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/pew-immigration-wall-2...

The government or its representative can not enter into a contract without adequate money or authority. It is against the law.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 03:51 PM

Well, while wanting to travel and enjoy Baja, there are many around here who obviously do not care much for Mexicans. And they definitely are not concerned with what is best for the local populations, unless it is what they think is best for Baja. One poster actually said that once he stopped to help a Mexican. Imagine that.

And there are ones who live and have businesses in Baja who really don't like the Mexicans unless they are cleaning their houses or waiting on them. Some are well known by the local community as people who really don't like Mexicans.

Lots of good people around here who are not like that, but ...............

What I don't understand is with his low ratings, why President Peña Nieto would invite Trump to visit. Unless he lives in a bubble, he has to know how much Trump is hated in Mexico and for good reason.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 03:54 PM

Legal Immigration vs Illegal Immigration ... something other Nations are dealing with too

Not to sure how Mexico would view 50 million + American's or from what ever Nation, coming to live in Mexico ... Illegally

Strange the "term" racist wasn't associated with any reports on this visit, I've seen ... nor from the President of Mexico ..

Gee what a shocker :biggrin::biggrin:
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 05:30 PM

Not only in Mexico! All over Europe, most nations are not willing to invite him. The cooperation between Europe and the US - if Blondie will be elected - is declining for sure. Japans half official voices saying the same. So who is cooperating with the US with a President Trump???
Oh yes, I forgot: Trump wants a better cooperation with Russia.
That makes sense: The two big nations in a mingle. And to complete the triumvirate: Venezuela!
But China then is an obstacle.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 05:38 PM

Trump ripping off the vary same people some on this forum say Trump is supporting. Watch out for who you hook your wagon to.

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/07/27/breaking-trump-loses-...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/0...

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by rts551]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 05:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  

Not only in Mexico! All over Europe, most nations are not willing to invite him. The cooperation between Europe and the US - if Blondie will be elected - is declining for sure. Japans half official voices saying the same. So who is cooperating with the US with a President Trump???
Oh yes, I forgot: Trump wants a better cooperation with Russia.
That makes sense: The two big nations in a mingle. And to complete the triumvirate: Venezuela!
But China then is an obstacle.

You can't be serious. Do you really think the rest of the world will not deal with Trump as President of the United States? Do you really think countries where we have military bases want them closed? Do you really think the rest of the world is willing to shut down trade with us. What about the countries we give aid to. Where would countries turn to when a disaster hits and the U.S. did not come to their aid by orders of Trump.

They may not like dealing with Trump but they will.
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 05:47 PM

A billon dollar wall? Everyone on this board knows the infrastructure problems of Baja. Little Heath care , poor roads, education , water, power,. Mexico can not and will not pay for a wall that will not work.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 05:55 PM

I sure as hell don't want to pay for it, or have my kids pay for it..

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 06:04 PM

Wonder if there will be a backlash from MX if trump is elected?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 06:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
A billon dollar wall? Everyone on this board knows the infrastructure problems of Baja. Little Heath care , poor roads, education , water, power,. Mexico can not and will not pay for a wall that will not work.

If it won't work, why would anyone pay for it? Remittances, $50 billion yearly trade imbalance? Seems like 20 billion pesos would be a drop in the bucket.

edit: ?

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by woody with a view]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 06:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Where is the goodwill from a country that disrespects her neighbor's borders?[/rquote]

I agree, when is Mexico going to send all the undocumented Gringos home?

Don't ever come near my foxhole, Ralph.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 06:48 PM

Lee, I was thinking the same thing..I bet there will be some blowback..

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 06:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Wonder if there will be a backlash from MX if trump is elected?

I would imagine Inmigracion could become more active, and simple minded knee-jerk racists would see it as a green light to lash out, but anti-US sentiment is already well in place....always has been. Only the self-righteous blind would be unaware of it.

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by DENNIS]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 07:15 PM

Trump is a buffoon. I laugh every day when I see that ridiculous hair and hear the ridiculous things he says.
But I feel great sadness for the GOP falling for him, and it has made me realize that at the the majority of GOP voters truly are idiots or bigots.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 07:20 PM

TRUMP WON'T WIN.

Changing demographics and statistics basically prove this, as long as Hillary doesn't melt down.

If anyone wants to put a wager of $100 that I'm wrong, I will gladly take that wager.

First 2 who accept my wager get my internet hand shake.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 07:21 PM

Cant we be both? Seems a bit narrow minded to limit our sins..

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  13

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.