Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Punta Chivato after Newton
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2016 at 03:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
Bajahowodd, not sure you posted in the correct forum to get an answer to you Cabo area question but strange things happen Nomads. Good luck.

Wrong forum? As far as I know this was the general Baja discussion forum. What forum would you suggest I post on??
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 9-9-2016 at 03:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Bajahowodd, not sure you posted in the correct forum to get an answer to you Cabo area question but strange things happen Nomads. Good luck.

Wrong forum? As far as I know this was the general Baja discussion forum. What forum would you suggest I post on??

I suspect he meant "thread" as this one is about Punta Chivato?
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2016 at 04:24 PM

Bajahowodd, I was trying to be helpful. You've been around a Looong time I thought you could see that and understand. Of course you may post on any thread you like at any time.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 9-9-2016 at 07:32 PM

Bajahowodd, I was trying to be helpful. You've been around a Looong time I thought you could see that and understand. Of course you may post on any thread you like at any time.

THANKS to both of you for ALL your GREAT contributions... thanks for ALWAYS being the ONE out in PC Russ.... specially with the morning shots!!!!.... muchas gracias a los dos....!!!!

[Edited on 9-10-2016 by carlosg]

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 06:17 AM

I have a little more info this morning. As of Saturday: I'm told that 3 suburban type vehicles came in with official of some sort regarding our road. They came thru the muddy area I said was too muddy. Which means you don't have to used the trail blazed by the locals. The estuary area is still hazardous and should only be attempted by 4x4 and those with cajones and experience. The heavy equipment I thought would be working here is being used to work on Hwy 1 the main priority. But hopefully will be available soon for us. Someone I didn't recognize just walk by on the beach so some are making it in.
Sunrise today

Credit to the Luhans for getting the officials to respond. I'm sure they are making efforts to repair our water system also. Thank You

[Edited on 9-11-2016 by Russ]

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 06:42 AM

Are you saying the water is out, Russ?
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 07:08 AM

Yes, the line/road is in bad shape and will take some time to repair. Another reason not to hurry down.

Clouseaus

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 07:18 AM

Thanks Russ.
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 07:39 AM

Thanks for the up date Russ. Sunrise looks peaceful.
chivatojoe
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 11:24 AM

OK here it is. We drove down Saturday towing a razor side by side. Left truck and trailer at titos. The road in is the worst I've ever seen it's going to take more than a guy on a loader to get it back. only the brave of heart or of great need would drive it. The Governor of Baja Sur flew into Chivato runway and then drove out to survey the damage at Santa Rosalia. I would say it's finally time to abandon this road and petition funds for the new /old road way in.Santa Rosalia / San Bruno as some old timers have said worst flooring they have ever seen.If Russ can post pictures forwarded by Jerri the devastation in SRL is amazing..Main water line into town broken in multiple places. Amazingly very little casa damage.. So far just a little roof leaking and sand accumulation.
I'll post again when road is passable without question. I'm sure energies are needed in more pressing problems...
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 01:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
[I was typing when Russ was editing and answered my question.]

I want to find a pic of the white truck that got stuck last year.

[Edited on 9-9-2016 by BigBearRider]

That was my father in law's truck - I thing he would prefer not to show the pic with him in it, he lost his shorts saving his dog! Poor guy that really shook him up.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 08:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
[I was typing when Russ was editing and answered my question.]

I want to find a pic of the white truck that got stuck last year.

[Edited on 9-9-2016 by BigBearRider]

That was my father in law's truck - I thing he would prefer not to show the pic with him in it, he lost his shorts saving his dog! Poor guy that really shook him up.

I'm sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how stressful that must have been. I only saw the pic of the truck.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2016 at 08:43 AM

I hope to go to Mulege tomorrow. Things are drying out nicely now.
Hot this morning

chivatojoe
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2016 at 12:46 PM

Just got back from a run to Palo Verde. I was going to meet Hugo the Internet man from mulege to give him a ride in to fix my exceed service. He passed me on the way in and just used his 2 wheel drive. He said bad but he has seen worst. So for all but the most urban I'd say the road is passable with care and intelligent driving.
As for the exceed Internet users you may all want to get together for a big yday service call..I didn't remove my dish before the storm and the wind blew so hard it loosened all the bolts. All fixed now :bounce: Still warm and humid but water clearing up and no bugs. Gorge busy up in mountains trying to get access for the ranchers with loader and road grader. Chivato maybe tomorrow...
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2016 at 04:21 AM

Thankx Joe.:D

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2016 at 11:31 AM

If you don't need to come ... don't. There is no water available and the line was heavily damaged. The storm season isn't over yet folks. That being said: I went into Mulege and the town, main streets, are clean and businesses seem to be running normally. Lots of delivery trucks and the few markets I went to are well stocked already. Our road is passable but very rough in places. Two drive made it with spinning once. The Palo Verde road is okay except for a couple washouts in the larger arroyos that have been worked on. The estuary on the West side is where the road needs a whole lot of work. Some of the washouts are steep and I wouldn't bring in a trailer until it gets worked on. That also means the propane truck or the water truck would have a difficult time getting thru in places. Sorry only a couple photos, Photos Photo bucket is really bad. Here's a couple that uploaded. These really don't show how bad it is.
detour around a bad spot

Chivato side of the estuary the washouts are further on.

[Edited on 9-13-2016 by Russ]

Royosbaja

[*] posted on 9-13-2016 at 12:00 PM

Russ,

Thank you so much for the continued updates. It is very reassuring having you there.

Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2016 at 07:27 PM

Thanks Russ for the last great shots. Looks like things are getting back to normal. :bounce::biggrin:
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2016 at 08:56 PM

Russ, any sense for whether the water should be back by October 1st?
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2016 at 05:34 AM

No idea. I will ask.

Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.