Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: camping in an rv at tecolote in la paz
bajasusana
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2016 at 09:05 AM
camping in an rv at tecolote in la paz

considering living in my everything-i-need-but-a-bathroom-and-wifi small rv in la paz for a few months and am wondering if folks still do that at tecolote? the only actual rv parks i know of in la paz are prohibitively expensive for me.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 9-10-2016 at 09:31 AM

They rounded up all the wild dogs. Everything is as it was years ago. No one has figgered out how to charge for camping on the beach - yet.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
bajasusana
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2016 at 09:45 AM

GREAT! Looks like I'd better take advantage of that swell spot while I still can! Me and the RV aren't gonna hold out that much longer, anyways.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-10-2016 at 10:13 AM

Have you ever stayed at Campestre Maranatha just west of La Paz? Since you are not using RV hook ups, car camping there is very reasonable. Weekly, or monthly rates are best, and the people there are great!

It is not on a beach, but would be a great place to catch up on laundry, showers, WIFI and great coffee and pastry!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajasusana
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2016 at 01:13 PM

looks like a wonderful spot, but the site i found doesn't say anything about being available for individual campers...?
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2016 at 01:19 PM

Tecolote is an option among many others for free camping, go and check it out, but it is supposedly haunted by spirits...
bajasusana
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2016 at 01:58 PM

i have nothing against spirits...no longer use the liquid kind, but relate well to most other kinds
Elena La Loca
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2016 at 02:37 PM

What about AquaMarina RV park?
bajasusana
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2016 at 03:34 PM

think you may have missed my original post that speaks of not being able to afford any of the "usual" la paz rv parks
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2016 at 04:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Tecolote is an option among many others for free camping, go and check it out, but it is supposedly haunted by spirits...

any stories (ghost) to share ?

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 9-10-2016 at 04:49 PM

Camped there in my RV years ago so I can't help you with todays information.

The 2 things that really stand out from camping there was incredible views and it could get very windy. Does anyone know if they ever cleaned up all the broken glass that was everywhere on the beach? A small price to pay for a world class view.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

bajasusana
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 07:21 AM

you folks are so cool -- knowledgable and open to adventure! why else to be in the Baja, right? so, yes, my 8+ years here have been oriented toward living within sight/sound of the surf! anyway, plan to be in la paz about oct. 9 and thus reunited with my rv (long story)...
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 08:00 AM

Bajasusana, unless you are flying into La Paz, you will drive right past Campestre Maranatha around km 11, just east of El Centenario.

Café Exquisite is a coffee shop/bakery right at the entrance to the camp. It is run By Jose and Cindy's daughter, and is close to the office. You might as well stop and check out the options there, and it is a good source of local information.

The camp caters to a lot of group functions, but they have a few rooms available, and as of Nov of 2014, all sorts of campers were welcome. I have used the camp as a base of operations for wandering around Baja Sur.

I had not planned of making it that far south this year, but I just broke an older crown, and have a great dentist there. If I don't have it repaired further north, I will be in your area by the end of October.

If you don't mind a large, overly friendly dog in a small 4x4, I would be glad to show you a few places that you may be able to get your rig into. My plans are still in the 'if stage' but I will stay in touch if you are interested.

The camp phone number is; (612) 124 62 75. I can U2U an e-mail address if you need it

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajasusana
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2016 at 12:26 PM

THANKS--please do send an email, for both you and the camp if possible. I will be arriving on October 9 but not planning on being in the RV for at least a day or two after that.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2016 at 07:51 AM

i find that El Centenario smells like a brothel at low tide.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2016 at 08:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
i find that El Centenario smells like a brothel at low tide.

You need to find a better brothel! I agree that that end of the bay can stink at low tide, but that has nothing to do with anything else in this thread.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 9-13-2016 at 09:06 AM

Hola bajasusana...

I found a Facebook page for CLUB DE PLAYA EL TECOLOTE

It shows the beach, vehicles in the parking lot and the surrounding area.

I would put up the link, but have no idea how.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

bajasusana
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2016 at 11:53 AM

Yo Udo, y mil gracias! I was able to find only 1 current facebook post about tecolote--a superduper cleanup some young people did in august. also some 3-year-old fotos of folks at the big restaurant. if my friend the mechanic from bahia asuncion can get my rv in the hands of my mechanic in la paz (manny--the best!) before i fly in on the 9th of october, my idea is to go to the beach and take my chances for at least a few nights.
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2016 at 12:43 PM

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150771-d11728...

bajasusana
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2016 at 01:19 PM

thanks so much for the link. with all this encouragement, i can hardly wait to get there and ON THE BEACH AGAIN. (spent 5 years in la paz 2 blocks from the stella's end of the malecon, then 3 more years living on the beach in both apartments and my RV. will be good to get back to infrastructure, as the last few months have been me and the RV in bahia asuncion)
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.